McCarthy QB School

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Or somebody who actually gives a damn about this board right? NP, fact is, I'd rather not even have to educate your sorry butt, but since you don't have enough going on to abide by the board rules, I guess I'm stuck with trying to teach you. You know what they say, can't always pick your students.

I'll make you a deal though. Don't bring your racially driven BS on this board and I won't go out of my way to point it out and make a big deal of it. That way, you don't have to get lectured and I don't have to try and teach something that you should already know.

Deal?

No deal.

Your work as a mod made clear your biases and your blindness to them.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nice try? You’re making a fool of yourself again. So you are telling me that Russell in year 4 is better than Russell in 2020? You really believe that? Lordhammercyyy........

Russell Wilson had a higher QB rating, more TDs, averaged more yards in 2015 than he did in 2019. Whether Wilson "got better" does not matter - in year 4, Russell Wilson showed the league he was an elite QB. Dak has not.

This isn't hard to understand.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Was I talking to you? You keep jumping into conversations that have nothing to do with you and you keep making a fool of yourself and I don’t know why.

You need to calm down before you hurt yourself. You’re too old to be this upset. I thought they shut y’all computers down by 9 at the nursing home anyway?

You specifically targeted multiple people on this board with your post. You have no arguments, so far you have labeled people undercover fans of other teams, that we don't like Dak because of his skin color, and now we are all just trolls.

Your bad at debating which is why you resort to this crap. And I'm not even in my 30s yet, genius.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Russell Wilson had a higher QB rating, more TDs, averaged more yards in 2015 than he did in 2019. Whether Wilson "got better" does not matter - in year 4, Russell Wilson showed the league he was an elite QB. Dak has not.

I have nothing to say to you if you think Russell isn’t a better quarterback today than he was in his fourth year. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard from you this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You specifically targeted multiple people on this board with your post. You have no arguments, so far you have labeled people undercover fans of other teams, that we don't like Dak because of his skin color, and now we are all just trolls.

Your bad at debating which is why you resort to this crap. And I'm not even in my 30s yet, genius.
No all of the above stuff I said about YOU! You’re trying to get a friend lol. I only talked about fans like you. You don’t need anyone to fight your battles and if you aren’t even 30 yet what are you doing debating about 90s Cowboys teams and who’s better when you aren’t even alive to see them?! Ha!

black label

Reaction score
...lol...a scrub?...that's just a little bit off there!...just 'cause he hasn't won the really big games, doesn't mean he's no good and won't ever improve as a QB,....as far has comparing him with Rodgers...So far Rodgers has one SB....let's see where Dak is in about another 5 years or so...You do know that he's probably gonna get either a new contract or the Franchise tag....right!....other words... your "scub" is good enough for either!...jus' sayin'
5 years? lol

Retro88

Reaction score
He's in the league because he's talented at football. Same can be said for the likes of Nathan Peterman. Does that mean he needs to be a starter and paid 35+ mil? No. It doesn't. Everyone who makes it to the NFL is talented, but I'm comparing Dak to other QB's and other players in the NFL, and compared to them, his talent is average/mediocre.

Literally everything, except for the anti Dak crowd, speaks otherwise.

Retro88

Reaction score
Honestly, since Dak is only average then where are all these other average QBs with similar stats this past year or the wins he's accumulated over his career. Bc average means that roughly half the starting QBs are producing at similar rates.

Or is it possible that he's just not elite but a very good QB falling into that 8-14 range?

Another question....Why does it seem like half of you want him to fail? Is it bc of Romo? You know he's still young and can improve, like Romo did?

FanSince71

Reaction score
The way I see it is that Dak has improved certain things each season, but still has some pretty glaring flaws that I’d like to see him fix. Gosh, some of his passes this last season were absolute laser beams that hit the receivers between the numbers - showing real arm talent - but then he’s still prone to spraying the ball around as well. He has a real tendency to not set his feet, which factors negatively to his accuracy and he also likes to throw off his back foot too often. It’s maddening sometimes, but Dak is not another Aikman or Romo, so I stopped wishing he is.

I think the bottom line here is that Dak has had the same crappy head coach and scheme for 4 seasons and he’s still improved every year. And although I don’t really think Dak is the kind of QB that can or will put the team on his shoulders and will them to a win, he is a damn tough QB, a good leader and has shown to be a winner. The dude is a good football player.

We finally have a new coach. A coach that has a history of grooming QB’s. A coach that has his own “QB School.” Whether you like Dak or not, don’t you want a chance to see him play with a competent coaching staff and a better scheme before we ship him off prematurely? At least one season?

I do. Franchise the guy and let’s see what he’s really made of.

morat1959

Reaction score
:laugh:
You're right guy.

You are older, smarter, personally know famous people and your immaculate understanding of the game of football is beyond that of what I could only dare hope to achieve.

The only thing I have is the piece of mind that regardless of what happens with Dak Prescott, getting cut tomorrow or being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys for the next 20 years, I will not be personally insulted.

As the saying goes, ignorance is bliss!
:thumbup:
That’s what I thought! First or second chair in the band?

Thanks for the compliments but they fall short of my playing and coaching experience. Enjoy your participation trophies if you ever stepped on a field. All you know it alls are the same. I crown you captain clueless of the Dallas Cowboys.

I’m done with this back and forth. You offer no validity to an educated debate. At least not to football.

SackMaster

Reaction score
That’s what I thought! First or second chair in the band?

Thanks for the compliments but they fall short of my playing and coaching experience. Enjoy your participation trophies if you ever stepped on a field. All you know it alls are the same. I crown you captain clueless of the Dallas Cowboys.

I’m done with this back and forth. You offer no validity to an educated debate. At least not to football.
:lmao2:
Good luck to you if/when REAL NFL Football Coaches and GMs decide that your amateur OPINION of Dak has absolutely no validity and sign Dak to a multi-year deal to be the Starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

As they continue to be the actual people making millions at what they do at the highest levels of the sport, you will still be just another online "tough guy" "expert" who's real life falls well short of their lofty claims and bragging that they so desperately wish other people would believe.

"Educated" indeed.
:thumbup:

75boyz

Reaction score
The way I see it is that Dak has improved certain things each season, but still has some pretty glaring flaws that I’d like to see him fix. Gosh, some of his passes this last season were absolute laser beams that hit the receivers between the numbers - showing real arm talent - but then he’s still prone to spraying the ball around as well. He has a real tendency to not set his feet, which factors negatively to his accuracy and he also likes to throw off his back foot too often. It’s maddening sometimes, but Dak is not another Aikman or Romo, so I stopped wishing he is.

I think the bottom line here is that Dak has had the same crappy head coach and scheme for 4 seasons and he’s still improved every year. And although I don’t really think Dak is the kind of QB that can or will put the team on his shoulders and will them to a win, he is a damn tough QB, a good leader and has shown to be a winner. The dude is a good football player.

We finally have a new coach. A coach that has a history of grooming QB’s. A coach that has his own “QB School.” Whether you like Dak or not, don’t you want a chance to see him play with a competent coaching staff and a better scheme before we ship him off prematurely? At least one season?

I do. Franchise the guy and let’s see what he’s really made of.

Absolute perfect summary and description of current QB situation. As a skeptic of current Qbs ability to lead the Cowboys to a SB victory I would like to see a QB taken in the first round while also franchising Dak as you described here.

Things would really kinda blow up if the draftee outplayed Dak in Training Camp and earned the job from the start but I guess the team would just have an awful expensive/insurance policy back up for a year. Nice post.

cern

Reaction score
Do you understand what "fan" means? It is short for fanatic. There is absolutely nothing within the definition that says you have blind loyalty to a single player. You're a fan of the Cowboys brand, and as a fan, you want the team to be the best it can be. If someone believes Dak isn't good enough, or if he sucks, OF COURSE they will want him replaced....because they are fanatics.

Why do I always have to talk to you like you're a child? Why do you refuse to get better?
Explaining the origin of the word "fan" doesn't necessarily mean every fan is fanatical. To think otherwise would be naive.

cern

Reaction score

It would be nice if dak could some day achieve Wilson's level of excellence. To date he has not.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Actually, I can say that the previous coaching staff were sub par and costs us games and the PK was retained despite failing to do the simple things. Im speaking of 32 yrd field goals.

You can say that, but it doesn't change what I said in my previous post.

garyo1954

Reaction score
The people that hate Dak are the same people that hate everything and everyone. I don’t think it has anything to do with Romo. It’s just what they do.

Is "The Bash for Cash Crew" taking applications?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No deal.

Your work as a mod made clear your biases and your blindness to them.

I suppose that's one opinion. Doesn't change the fact that you were trying to make a statement about race, something that you clearly know is against the rules of this board, and you don't want to face up. That's not in question at all. If it were, you would have made the direction of your comment known. So yeah, one person's opinion. It don't hold much water with me.

Last edited: