McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Dak is out for the year or our season is mathematically over, I agree Trance will get the starting job. If we are still in the hunt and Dak will return, it will be Rush who gets the starts.
Dak is getting the extension if that is what you are worried about. Lance was an insurance policy just in case Dak would not sign a team friendly deal. Jerry had no plan.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned, but McCarthy also tinkered with Rodger's throwing motion. Romo tinkered with his throwing platform/motion in year 8..,.so...

No guarantees about Lance, but not a death sentence either. Not positive for sure...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
4th year with injuries and changing teams and someone interested in improving his game.

And here we sit desperately trying to make it a bad thing.
Yup.

Lance is going to take Daks job.

Some fans don’t want that to happen.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is getting the extension if that is what you are worried about. Lance was an insurance policy just in case Dak would not sign a team friendly deal. Jerry had no plan.
I agree. However, Trance was a very poor insurance policy. The longer GM Jethro drags it out, the less likely a team friendly deal is signed and it blows up in his face.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I agree. However, Trance was a very poor insurance policy. The longer GM Jethro drags it out, the less likely a team friendly deal is signed and it blows up in his face.
Paying a guy $60mm to wet the bed at home would be "blowing up in your face". Spending a 4th round pick on a reclamation project is just gambling.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The contract controversy of Dak, Lamb, and Parsons is media driven by everyone involved. The Cowboys cleared over 100 million in cap space next season and it’s not going to street free agents.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
That was very early in camp. When Moore got back healthy he was behind Dak.
That wasn't the point. The point was Dak was 3rd string which Lance is now and it was argued Lance won't play a down this year.

In 2016 Dak was 3rd string, yet he played because of 2 injuries in front of him.

Qcard

Reaction score
Pathetic to see so called Cowboys fans rooting against a Cowboys player and hoping he fails
Ok….my bad we should have started Trey Lance last season against the impending 32nd ranked pass defense in 2023 schedule

it’s pathetic when you place Dak Hate in the real world :laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Pathetic to see so called Cowboys fans rooting against a Cowboys player and hoping he fails
Players actually get on the field. Emergency QB's are not players, until 2 people in front of them get hurt.

If it makes you feel better, I will cheer for Trance improving his throwing motion once he gets it fixed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That wasn't the point. The point was Dak was 3rd string which Lance is now and it was argued Lance won't play a down this year.

In 2016 Dak was 3rd string, yet he played because of 2 injuries in front of him.
Well if you believe that then Dak wasn't 3rd ring he was 4th string. Jamiel Showers was in front of him too. For some reason Showers didn't start over Dak though not sure why.

CWR

Reaction score
If they’re adjusting his throwing motion that’s not good, especially with this being his third season.
Dak was still adjusting his throwing motion last year. I dont think it's a bad thing and he's supposedly been on point in mini camps. I think the bigger issue will be him reading a defense and getting the ball out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak was still adjusting his throwing motion last year. I dont think it's a bad thing and he's supposedly been on point in mini camps. I think the bigger issue will be him reading a defense and getting the ball out.
Dak wasn’t adjusting his because his career completion percentage is under 55% like Lance. Dak was working on different arm angles.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak wasn’t adjusting his because his career completion percentage is under 55% like Lance. Dak was working on different arm angles.
I laugh at any "career" numbers for Lance. Quite the sample size isn't it?