McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Cowboys zone is a trip. So called Cowboys fans wish a Cowboys player fails so they can pump up another Cowboys player. It started way back in the day on this board but recently it was Romo vs Dak, Amari vs CeeDee, Pollard vs Zeke, Ferguson vs Schoonmaker, and now Dak vs Lance. I don’t see why fans can’t hope they all can succeed. :huh:
This was a thing? Why am I not remembering this.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He has to beat our Rush first. That is not a given at this point. So it may require to QB's getting hurt.
True. Although stranger things have happened. We’ve been down to a 3rd or 4th QB before.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak Prescott said Trey Lance has gotten “so much better” in his time with the Cowboys. “I’m excited for where he is now. … He works his *** off. He’s pushing me. I’m somebody that I don’t like to let other people get more reps than me, and Trey is the person I need to watch, because he’s trying to get up there on the rep count. That’s a testament to him and how much he’s putting into this. I’ve seen it. He’s gotten better. He can play.”

Dak on not being threatened by what Trey could be and how it relates to Dak and his contract situation:

"As long he is getting better, I promise you I’m getting better. I encourage it. I hope he pushes me. I hope he makes people think. I know where I’ll be and I know who I am. I’m confident in the person and player that I am. I hope he does. I hope he pushes me.”

Chasing6

Reaction score
How do you know that Lance won’t be needed. You Lance hate is strange.
Trance is currently number 3. We already have a proven back up QB. Trance will not start this year.

Please explain what he will be needed for?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Trance is currently number 3. We already have a proven back up QB. Trance will not start this year.

Please explain what he will be needed for?
If Dak gets hurt. Lance is getting paid more money than the current backup. No way Lance does not get a chance if Dak is injured.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Dak gets hurt. Lance is getting paid more money than the current backup. No way Lance does not get a chance if Dak is injured.
If Dak is out for the year or our season is mathematically over, I agree Trance will get the starting job. If we are still in the hunt and Dak will return, it will be Rush who gets the starts.

Aven8

Reaction score
If they’re adjusting his throwing motion that’s not good, especially with this being his third season.
It’s because Kyle Shanahan is not a true QB coach. He’s a fantastic offensive play caller.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's been reports that they are utilizing an old technique known as "Lamars Limp Wristed" throwing style that was first seen when Lamar Latrelle used it throwing the javelin allowing the Tri-Lambs to win the fraternity championship.
~Rambo and Qcard bobbing around~

~spotlight on Rockport as he begins sawing on the violin~

Chasing6

Reaction score
It’s because Kyle Shanahan is not a true QB coach. He’s a fantastic offensive play caller.
It's Shanahan's fault. It was also his HS coaches fault that he did not get to play QB until he was a Senior. Even then he ran more than he passed.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
According to the three main indicators for roster related things (pages/hour, total length of thread and insults per page) he's gonna be our starting QB soon.

The fans have spoken.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Dak Prescott said Trey Lance has gotten “so much better” in his time with the Cowboys. “I’m excited for where he is now. … He works his *** off. He’s pushing me. I’m somebody that I don’t like to let other people get more reps than me, and Trey is the person I need to watch, because he’s trying to get up there on the rep count. That’s a testament to him and how much he’s putting into this. I’ve seen it. He’s gotten better. He can play.”

Dak on not being threatened by what Trey could be and how it relates to Dak and his contract situation:

"As long he is getting better, I promise you I’m getting better. I encourage it. I hope he pushes me. I hope he makes people think. I know where I’ll be and I know who I am. I’m confident in the person and player that I am. I hope he does. I hope he pushes me.”

Competition breeds winners. I like this statement from Dak and where his head is with this. If it makes him better it’s a win-win for all parties involved. But hearing from Dak that he notices Treys growth is a pretty nice endorsement. I like that supportive standpoint from Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hope Lance eventually develops into a serviceable backup.
If he starts for the years he will bring back 3 very high first round picks. I guess that could be considered a good return on investment.