McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

Qcard

Reaction score
Well he did not have a season last year. Never was expected to play as the emergency QB. So we just wasted a year???
Or Trey Lance only works when his social media team needs content?? :laugh: :lmao2:

Qcard

Reaction score
Tell us about his skinny legs like you do to Cooper Rush since you are so enamored with people's body types. Freaky is what that is!
Yep...those legs look weird launching ducks in Cold weather

Dak Haters think throwing power comes from 32nd ranked pass defense schedule :lmao2: :lmao2:

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Hasn't Trey Lance been there since last season?? Is McCarthy just now see the throwing motion that needs improvement??

More likely Trey Lance can't read the room and he thought social media training videos would get the bag :laugh: :laugh:
You'll almost never see a team adjust a players throwing motion in season. That would be like a golfer changing his swing the day before a tournament starts. It takes thousands of throws to get the muscle memory down so it's an offseason activity 99% of the time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo changed his throwing motion in his 10th year, just prior to his All-Pro season.
I don’t remember but at least he was successful prior to any tweaks. And I’m sure it was just a tweak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
In the end I truly feel as if they will reach a number that both parties can live with. Just a gut feeling….

That’s not to say I’m in favor of it or not. I really don’t care at this point and it’s exhausting.

I think they can win with the guy but they can’t have coaches with inferior/dated schemes or be without reasonable to higher end talent around him, and uhh…we know the rest.
I agree, but the longer they take, what message are you sending to Dak?

What message was sent when they traded for Trance? When we had a legit back up QB in Rush.

The longer you wait, he starts opening up his mind and preparing to depart. I am sure Dak's agent already knows what teams will be interested and who has the cap space.

At some point Dak and his agent are going to say we are no longer interested in negotiating and just want to play out the year and see what happens. Dak has never been afraid to bet on himself.

Qcard

Reaction score
Romo changed his throwing motion in his 10th year, just prior to his All-Pro season.
Yes Romo year 10 is akin to Trey Lance year 4:clap::lmao2::lmao: which also equals Prescott year 8 versus 32nd ranked pass defense :lmao2::lmao2:

Qcard

Reaction score
You'll almost never see a team adjust a players throwing motion in season. That would be like a golfer changing his swing the day before a tournament starts. It takes thousands of throws to get the muscle memory down so it's an offseason activity 99% of the time.
Yep ..Trey Lance could NOT do any extra work as an emergency QB.

His social media team was busy with the rap battle :lmao: :lmao:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree, but you only have a year left with the kid so why not be aggressive? Give him a full offseason to adjust his motion where he can realistically get 10,000 throws in, plus we really don't know to what extent that is either. It could be something as simple as eliminating the ball dip he does. He's got the physical tools that got him drafted #3 overall, but always had a long release.

I think the worst thing they could do with him is just bring him in and expect different results, I'm just glad they have some sort of a plan for the guy. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't.
That’s the problem we don’t have much time left with him. It could take awhile for him to adjust. Strange they waited this long to adjust it. They should have been working on it soon after we signed him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes Romo year 10 is akin to Trey Lance year 4:clap::lmao2::lmao: which also equals Prescott year 8 versus 32nd ranked pass defense :lmao2::lmao2:
How does Trance change anything, when he has not done anything?

:huh::huh::huh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Because this never happens : LOl.
OMG, the best of the best do this all the time. It’s how guys get better
It didn’t help Tebow get better. The best of the best may do it but Lance isn’t one of the best.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He knows he’s currently a lame duck.

His only hope is the unknown (Lance) getting a chance and looking great. Hopefully he’s given that chance. Because it would be unfair to Mike to expect him, in a make or break year, to do anything with the perpetual loser at QB now.

If Lance doesn’t get that chance then Mike Zimmer is the next coach.
He’s a lame duck…..sentence later….his only hope lol.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He changed it from year one. People use to laugh at Romo after watching him on the sidelines in warmups in his early years. He had no velocity on his throws until they changed his technique.