McCarthy: We've adjusted some things in Trey Lance throwing motion

daveferr33

Reaction score
So tell us what he did do. Were you at practice every day?

You have no idea what went on.
He really has no idea. This is from the fourth paragraph of the article cited in the OP:

Since joining the Cowboys, Lance’s work has consisted of only practice reps, with a large portion spent as the scout-team quarterback. He’ll enter this season’s training camp competing with Rush for the backup QB job. Dallas needs to see what it has behind Prescott with all three quarterbacks playing in the final year of their contracts.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
McCarthy is pinning his job on developing Lance.
What other options does McCarthy have, and this Pre-Season has to be a Lance debut and if it costs Rush snaps then so be it, but Lance has to get some reps and film in this PS.
If he shines in PS then Lance gains some value, let's hope its significant value, but if he fails to show up then he is worth less than what we gave up for him.

conner01

Reaction score
If they’re adjusting his throwing motion that’s not good, especially with this being his third season.
Usually it’s footwork they adjust. But he had a good QB coach at 49ers and injuries set him back. Then I think they gave up on him. If he approaches this like his last chance in the nfl and puts in the work he might come around. Hope he does since it helps the team

conner01

Reaction score
I hope that the throwing motion changes help his defense reading ability.
And accuracy.
I hope that the throwing motion changes help his defense reading ability.
He reads slow and is not accurate. He’s only completed 55% of his passes in a short passing game offense. But hopefully he can develop into at least a real backup quality player

Chasing6

Reaction score
And accuracy.

He reads slow and is not accurate. He’s only completed 55% of his passes in a short passing game offense. But hopefully he can develop into at least a real backup quality player
Reading slow and slow delivery is a bad combination.

conner01

Reaction score
And only 318 in college and only 55 in HS.

So less than 500 passes in his entire career.
Wow, that is amazing. I never looked at his college attempts. The 49ers offense requires quick reads but McCarthy’s might be a bit easier for him. We will see but hopefully he does well. No matter what happens with Dak, him looking good in pre season is good for the team

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak wasn’t adjusting his because his career completion percentage is under 55% like Lance. Dak was working on different arm angles.
Did you actually just quote Lance's career completion percentage?

MikeT22

Reaction score
Yeah but I think a 24 year old top 3 pick is probably better then an undrafted veteran free agent. :huh: :rolleyes:Unless you think Rush is Romo.
We will see who is better between Rush and Lance. But, money shouldn’t be a factor.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
college video, sf video, time w dallas and now they suddenly see a flaw in his throws? bizarre trade