McCarthy With A Horrible Take Regarding The Playoffs

Retro88

Reaction score
All 4 of those teams have more success than the Cowboys since 1996.

So that’s not really the insult you thought it was in your head.
More mental gymnastics...Im shocked! Nothing I said there could have been misconstrued as an insult. Those teams having more success, and still not winning SBs, in a cherry picked time frame means nothing to me. They spend most of their years with top picks and terrible seasons. Since that's your goal then switch teams.

links18

Reaction score
He's trying to market himself for another job when the inevitable happens here....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

A “look over there, but not over here” take from Mike.

Would you rather win 12 games, get the 2 seed, and be the 1st team to ever lose to a 7 seed in the Wild Card game?

Or

Sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 and make a Super Bowl run?

Your 12 win seasons mean nothing. All we got from them is a Wild Card win against the 8-9 Bucs.

Uhhh, we have no running game whatsoever, only 1 legit WR and our Defense never showed up. No team is going to win a playoff game with so many issues.

dckid

Reaction score

A “look over there, but not over here” take from Mike.

Would you rather win 12 games, get the 2 seed, and be the 1st team to ever lose to a 7 seed in the Wild Card game?

Or

Sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 and make a Super Bowl run?

Your 12 win seasons mean nothing. All we got from them is a Wild Card win against the 8-9 Bucs.

This is the accepted behavior of this organization. Jerry let this run rampant throughout the Jason Garrett era.
Our best team since the triplets was the 2006/2007 teams, both teams lost. To this day I was saying we should have fired Wade Phillips after losing to the NYG in 07.
Jerry does not let this team bottom out nor does he try to go all out and win.
As a Cowboys fan in my 40's I first had saw 89-95 era, it all happened so fast. Even before free agency, Jimmy did a full rebuild and went from 1-15 to SB Champ in 4 years.
1-15,7-9, 11-5, to 13-3 SB champs.

Why not be like the Niners, Rams, Eagles, go out and get competent coaches and go after players via trade or free agency and ACTUALLY go all in.
We spend cash in the bottom tier of the league, we hire has been coaches, make the most profit, most revenue, highest franchise value. What am I missing here?
The team is doing exactly what Jerry wants it to do...
Drive interest, he has a set budget he spends on the team every year, he is in auto pilot. He doesn't care.
He could have hired a Shanahan, McVay, Harbaugh, LaFleur, you name the candidate. Jerry does not care about winning the SB.

rant over.... for now

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I didn’t read his comments that way at all.

The way the comments read to me. Is him just saying we need to win each week in the regular season first.

As fans, yes. We can focus on the playoffs and wanting to get further.

But the players and coaches shouldn’t take everything for granted and they need to go win regular season games first before they even chance a chance to get further in the playoffs.
How I read his comments as well.

Last I checked, you don't get an opportunity in the playoffs if you don't win in the regular season.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Too bad we just can't fast forward to the playoffs and bypass all these meaningless games beforehand, haha

Look its a long season and unless you're getting the first round bye you just need to do well enough in the regular season to punch your ticket. It's been a fun regular season run the last few years, but fans are tired of investing time and energy for an empty post season. Show you can get it done McCarthy or its time for a change.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The way the comments read to me. Is him just saying we need to win each week in the regular season first.

But the players and coaches shouldn’t take everything for granted and they need to go win regular season games first before they even chance a chance to get further in the playoffs.
That’s exactly how his comments read. Mountaineer just doing his typical troll jog around his lack of reading comprehension.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The more you post the more people will join in on schooling you.

That’s usual how these threads go. TMC getting schooled by everyone.
You can’t read how can you school anyone? The quote is there and you failed to understand it. You can’t be serious. You use to try to be the new Rissn. Failed and became the new Leeblair. Oops lol.

locked&loaded

Reaction score

Yep. People are either being intentionally ignorant or just plain ol' ignorant to read into it any other way. Not surprising, though.