McCarthy With A Horrible Take Regarding The Playoffs

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Don’t let Mountaineers post trick you he’s not saying the goal is 12 wins lol. He’s saying they need to win.
By saying it isn't easy to win 12 games, it feels like he's saying "look what I HAVE done" without taking full accountability for his teams failures. I like the guy, and I'll need to hear the interview for context, but I don't like reading this coming from the head coach.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
By saying it isn't easy to win 12 games, it feels like he's saying "look what I HAVE done" without taking full accountability for his teams failures. I like the guy, and I'll need to hear the interview for context, but I don't like reading this coming from the head coach.
He’s saying nothing is guaranteed. It’s going to be a chore to even win 12 games this year. So let’s focus on that before we talk about playoff wins.

So we really got to get back to winning week in and week out

That quote is important.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
no, they really can't. if you really care, you understand it not just bad luck or timing.
I’m just saying there’s only one team that will win a SB next year. If the Browns don’t win it’s not their time. The Cowboys year inn and out come into the season with the worst owner in sports, with a QB that chokes, a defense that doesn’t show up….barely a top 4 in their division…..so yeah it ain’t our time until things start being ran properly.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I’m just saying there’s only one team that will win a SB next year. If the Browns don’t win it’s not their time. The Cowboys year inn and out come into the season with the worst owner in sports, with a QB that chokes, a defense that doesn’t show up….barely a top 4 in their division…..so yeah it ain’t our time until things start being ran properly.
which includes speaking of accountability to win championships not satisfaction with records or statistical achievements.

75boyz

Reaction score

A “look over there, but not over here” take from Mike.

Would you rather win 12 games, get the 2 seed, and be the 1st team to ever lose to a 7 seed in the Wild Card game?

Or

Sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 and make a Super Bowl run?

Your 12 win seasons mean nothing. All we got from them is a Wild Card win against the 8-9 Bucs.

This aint hard to figure out.
Our head coach and quarterback both suck at playoff football.
Our eighty something year old GM sucks at team roster building.
That's 0 for 3.
And here we are.

Cowboys!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sports are supposed to be about the pursuit of excellence. You either want your team to make good decisions and take chances to improve with the goal of winning the ultimate prize or you don't. Nothing wrong with stating your opinion when you don't feel they are.

Lot of people are perfectly content getting the easy wins to make their fall weekends enjoyable and writing off the failures as bad luck or just not our time.
I never said I don't want to win....I just don't like whining about something I can't control.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sports are supposed to be about the pursuit of excellence. You either want your team to make good decisions and take chances to improve with the goal of winning the ultimate prize or you don't. Nothing wrong with stating your opinion when you don't feel they are.

Lot of people are perfectly content getting the easy wins to make their fall weekends enjoyable and writing off the failures as bad luck or just not our time.
I right off both wins and losses....it's not that important to me anymore.. just a way to pass the time.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Actually all McCarthy was saying was to not put the cart before the horse, not that the regular season is more important than the playoffs. Man some of you are just total morons!!