McCarthy With A Horrible Take Regarding The Playoffs

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been on board the McCarthy train since he arrived. This is making me reconsider. He wasn't brought in to win 12 games a season. He was brought in to advance in the playoffs. Belichick/Zimmer 2025?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've been on board the McCarthy train since he arrived. This is making me reconsider. He wasn't brought in to win 12 games a season. He was brought in to advance in the playoffs. Belichick/Zimmer 2025?
Don’t let Mountaineers post trick you he’s not saying the goal is 12 wins lol. He’s saying they need to win.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a glass half full take. I get it. He is in the last year of his contract and his argument for not getting fired is 3 consecutive 12-5 seasons. I would not make a big issue out of his comment. I am sure he wants to win in the playoffs and is as frustrated as we are that they haven't been able to get over the hump.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He sounds just like a lot of folks on here.

They don't really understand what the goal of the season should be. Just wanna have some "happy" moments throughout the regular season then content watching other teams compete come playoff time.
Why not have happy moments if you can't do a thing to improve the team with whining, squealing and being miserable....That's sounds like a lot around here as well. Fans get to choose which ones they are. But, I do appreciate those that are putting their happiness aside for the betterment of the team. I will celebrate with them when they make a difference and get us a SB win. Not just playoffs wins, SB win! If you're not first, your last.

Brax

Reaction score

A “look over there, but not over here” take from Mike.

Would you rather win 12 games, get the 2 seed, and be the 1st team to ever lose to a 7 seed in the Wild Card game?

Or

Sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 and make a Super Bowl run?

Your 12 win seasons mean nothing. All we got from them is a Wild Card win against the 8-9 Bucs.

A lot easier when 4 of those games are against really bad teams. MM having a job is a huge indictment against the FO only problem is what yes man will replace him. Wonder what happened to the follow up question about him knowing how to win SBs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Why not have happy moments if you can't do a thing to improve the team with whining, squealing and being miserable....That's sounds like a lot around here as well. Fans get to choose which ones they are. But, I do appreciate those that are putting their happiness aside for the betterment of the team. I will celebrate with them when they make a difference and get us a SB win. Not just playoffs wins, SB win! If you're not first, your last.
Sports are supposed to be about the pursuit of excellence. You either want your team to make good decisions and take chances to improve with the goal of winning the ultimate prize or you don't. Nothing wrong with stating your opinion when you don't feel they are.

Lot of people are perfectly content getting the easy wins to make their fall weekends enjoyable and writing off the failures as bad luck or just not our time.

Brax

Reaction score
LOL.

What do you think gives a team best chance to go far in the playoffs, having a 2 seed or the 7 seed?

This isn't a trick question and there is only one correct answer.
Last year it was the seventh seed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sports are supposed to be about the pursuit of excellence. You either want your team to make good decisions and take chances to improve with the goal of winning the ultimate prize or you don't. Nothing wrong with stating your opinion when you don't feel they are.

Lot of people are perfectly content getting the easy wins to make their fall weekends enjoyable and writing off the failures as bad luck or just not our time.
Both things can be true.