McCarthy's message to fans: Buy into us

ICP

Reaction score
Isn't that what the fans have done the past 3 years?

HotDog37

Reaction score
When you have to beg someone to buy the used car it means there are things wrong with it.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Sorry MM, it's hard to buy into something when my wallet is empty because of the mugging I've taken every season for the past thirty years. The best I can give you right now is a Chuck E. Cheese token.
pexels-photo-7927581.jpeg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jason Garrett sends his condolences . Lol

Who’d of thought a SB winning HC would have as tough a time winning playoff games in Dallas.

Apparently wasting players careers and underachieving is a staple delivered by all.

duane33

Reaction score
Sorry Mike, Beast is not buying what you are selling.

You are Jason Garrett with better regular seasons.....................you both crap the bed when it counts.
That Jane Slater 15 min video w/ Rich Eisen is very good on inner workings of Cowboys and McCarthy. Seems like he is nothing like a hard ***, but a really good person, so players should be playing harder for him.

Has anyone found out why Lamb was pouting the whole game and why he sort of quit?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think that's what he wants.

He's afraid, has perpetually been afraid, of hitting a reset button and taking the hit for two or three years that it would take to get a fresh start. He doesn't feel he has time for it and hasn't in a long while.

He always feels like they're ALMOST there and all he needs to do is make a few changes, extend some contracts, bring in a few hole plugging budget free agents and they'll get there.

The irony is that continuing to do that just pushes the day where that will inevitably be necessary farther into the future. He won't acknowledge that's a day that comes for all teams, sometimes many times. So he keeps trying one more year, which ends up actually just being a year wasted against his ever running out ticking clock.

The way of the modern NFL is sometimes you have to reset, open the cap space, get the premium picks and reload. That sometimes means shedding good players that you don't want to lose, that sometimes means dumping good coaches who just aren't getting it done. Sometimes you have to shed a Tony Dungy, or a Mike McCarthy, guys who you like and your players like and who win games to find the right fit to get what you really want.

Jerry's not going to figure that out. He really really does like his guys and he wants to see good things happen for them. His downfall is that he can't bring the practical, pragmatic and cold side to being a GM that is sometimes required to get a championship.
Excellent post

morat1959

Reaction score
Yikes, I don't know how any real fan could hope for that. :facepalm:
That’s when the fair weather fans would jump ship. This organization has to bottom out to start the rebuild. Where has staying relevant gotten us the last 29 years? Not going to the big dance is the same as 0-17. What’s the difference? Too many of our fan base are comfortable in JJ’s insanity run circus. If you ain’t first….you’re last!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Here’s what Mike said about Dak (sounds like Jerry made clear to him during their 3-hour meeting that they are sticking with Dak going forward):

"I believe in Dak Prescott. I think he's clearly the answer," McCarthy said. "He's part of the solution moving forward, and I think, as difficult as this time is right now, when we can work through this emotional period that we're in, we'll continue to build off of what he brings to the table."
LMAO, that's like a meth head saying he's through with crap and he won't be doing it again.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Is this the start of a whole new cowboys marketing campaign?

“Buy into us. Yea…buy into us. Come on! Come on!” Wink
th

Last edited: