McCartney takes halftime show, makes it better

thewivil

Reaction score
cowheel said:
halftime show was horrible.

A total Geezer fest.
I had to turn the tube before I dozed off.

Agreed. I actually would have liked to see Green Day perform. Have you guys heard any of their music from American Idiot? Very, very good album.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
thewivil said:
Agreed. I actually would have liked to see Green Day perform. Have you guys heard any of their music from American Idiot? Very, very good album.
Not really a Green Day fan until I listened to the American Idiot album in its entirety. Awesome recording and they changed their style for the better in my opinion.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It doesn't bother me one bit because Janet is a has been and I could careless about Timberlake and Puffy.
I bet the younger generation felt the same way about Sir Paul when he lip sync songs they had never heard or cared about.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
thewivil said:

Yeah...in 30 years, everyone will still be playing it...

Puhleeeze...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Charles said:
I bet the younger generation felt the same way about Sir Paul when he lip sync songs they had never heard or cared about.

Charles, it was the old guys turn this year. Last couple of years halftime has sucked with J. Jackson and Brittney, it was finally our turn. After all it is us old guys paying the big money to get the tickets to the game. LOL

TLW47

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Charles, it was the old guys turn this year. Last couple of years halftime has sucked with J. Jackson and Brittney, it was finally our turn. After all it is us old guys paying the big money to get the tickets to the game. LOL

When I saw Paul during his last tour there were ALL ages there. And the little kids knew all the words to the songs.

Face it. His stuff is timeless. Saying Britney is a better entertainer or Timberlake is a little bit like saying the Monkees were better than the Beatles!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of McCartney or the Beatles (except George Harrison's guitar playing) and his renditions of the same old stuff that we've heard for years in his weakening (and at times shakey) voice did nothing for me. It seemed to me that the crowd was not responding to him and his "singalong" didn't get the full throated effort of the crowd either. For me it was just a case of sitting there drumming my fingers waiting on the game to start back up. Not that I was a big fan of last years hot dance beat stuff either and think the tit flashing was in exceptionally poor taste. I say just stick the marching band back on the field for a few minutes and get on with the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TLW47 said:
When I saw Paul during his last tour there were ALL ages there. And the little kids knew all the words to the songs.

Face it. His stuff is timeless. Saying Britney is a better entertainer or Timberlake is a little bit like saying the Monkees were better than the Beatles!

I know and was just messing with Charles. As a so called old fogie I enjoyed the halftime show very much.

TLW47

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I know and was just messing with Charles. As a so called old fogie I enjoyed the halftime show very much.

Ok. Sorry. I'm not real good at internet sarcasm!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I say just stick the marching band back on the field for a few minutes and get on with the game.

Now, much as I DO like McCartney, this would be my idea of the perfect halftime...

It's all gotten WAY too outta hand...

And while we're at it, one week off, not two...

thewivil

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Yeah...in 30 years, everyone will still be playing it...

Puhleeeze...

The reason stations still play the Beatles are because those are the classics of our parent's time. Well, some of you here are probably old enough to be my parent, but you get the idea.

Who's to say Green Day hasn't put out a song that will still be played 20-30 years from now on an oldies station.

I don't know about you, but I'm not hearing Paul on any other stations than oldies and AM radio.

If the only prerequisite for playing half time in the Super Bowl is to have old-*** songs that are still played today, then why doesn't the NFL try to get Willie Nelson, Cher and Madonna to play the Super Bowl next year?

But it wouldn't surprise me if some of you would be happy to see that.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
after seeing the embarassment that was "sir Paul" forgetting the lyrics to "hey jude" during the "farm aid" concert twenty years ago - i was just relieved to see him make it thru the set. "the beatles" should be synonymous with "ahead of their time".
that said, i'd like to see the original bad guys of rock, "the Stones", play a SB halftime before mick or keith cash it in. "monkey man" would be cool. anything off "let it bleed" is classic.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
thewivil said:
The reason stations still play the Beatles are because those are the classics of our parent's time. Well, some of you here are probably old enough to be my parent, but you get the idea.

Who's to say Green Day hasn't put out a song that will still be played 20-30 years from now on an oldies station.

I don't know about you, but I'm not hearing Paul on any other stations than oldies and AM radio.

If the only prerequisite for playing half time in the Super Bowl is to have old-*** songs that are still played today, then why doesn't the NFL try to get Willie Nelson, Cher and Madonna to play the Super Bowl next year?

Hey, Cher had a big hit just a couple of years ago called "I Believe" and Willie had a hit duet with Toby Keith just a year or two ago, they're fairly current. I would love a halftime show with either of those two though I think Cher would probably go over better. I doubt that Madonna would get the show due to her controversial image over the years and I'm not a big fan of her's anyway. The NFL is trying to steer away from controversial acts...same might apply to ole dope smokin's Willie. But I would rather see any of those three than Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake and their little fiasco.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a 40-something person who likes rock and hates country, I thought the halftime show completely blew. So did the pregame for that matter. Just bring out a band and cut half time to 20 minutes. The damn game last night went for almost 4 hours.

DefendeR

Benched
Reaction score
thewivil said:

Please stop it.
Green Day has not put out anything that can stand the test of time.
They are a fake punk band...hard pop is what they are.

heavyg

Reaction score
My personal opinion....most the junk they call music today BLOWS. Even most Country music is NOT true country. That being said I have never been a Beatles fan and would have rather seen Phill Collins or someone like him.....But Paul was better than any of todays alternatives