McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
notice that we know rico had 2 possessions with no one to block (assumed to be mental error) while the other tightends' whiffs and being pushed back were not counted.

How about Jarwins fumble? Imagine if that were Rico lol.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
i think most agree he needs reps. it is not that he does not understand what a slant route or other routes are, but it is what to do in various situations.
now he may even know what he is supposed to do, but it needs to be second nature.
or it becomes 'taking too long to think'
they should have removed him from ir
if they did, he would have gotten a much better and fairer shot

Drill him in class til he gets the right answers.

I had a great math teacher in high school. He was likely the best in the state. It was only Hawaii, but I wouldn't doubt that he was the best in the nation.

He was annoyed that we hadn't seemed to have learned trigonometry in the previous trig course that was prep for the calculus course. So he went back and taught us trig for a month. He would walk through the class every day and ask you for a formula. If you got it right without hesitation, you were ok. If you hesitated for a moment, you got -1 from your quarterly grade.

We learned trig. We gave formulas without hesitation. I think over 80% of the class got 5s on the AP calc exam.

Teaching is a job. Teaching is a skill. His attitude toward teaching, which he stated in class once, was "You guys are smart enough. If you aren't learning, it's my fault."

Sure, Rico is a jerk off. But he's smart enough to learn his assignments. If he isn't learning, it's also on the coaches. Get it done.

You don't need pads to know what to do when. Let him learn it in class first. Without hesitation. Then let him transfer it to the field.

They should really have plays and assignments as video games for the players. Anyone know if they do?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
taking martyb over rico does not mean marty has more talent
it just means martyb when drafted is lower risk as he is more football readay
that also does not mean martyb is a better fade route receiver.
so you are saying rico is better talent than Marty!? are you ready to go there?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
i am the one who dug up the videos and mcclay interviews from 2017
when it does not fit what u invested in the argument, deny deny deny
yes u did not inhale
I am not denying or digging up. I just provided you with recent articles that talked abour rico's inabilities...deny deny deny

waldoputty

Reaction score
so you are saying rico is better talent than Marty!? are you ready to go there?

no i did not say that.
marty is faster and almost as big.
i have not seen marty plays for a long time so i do not recall how he compares to rico in terms of receiving.
marty is certain lower risk and knows football
so he is lower risk of the two.
marty has so much more upside than the 3 jag tes other than rico.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lots of basketball players the size of rico but they were not the rebouding leader in ncaa.
it takes more than size.
it takes talent like hand-to-eye coordination and the ability to track and project ball path like a second nature.
so now you are saying he was one of the rebounding leaders in the NCAA at 9 Rbs per game.... and you want me to dig up how many forwards and centers got rebounds in that range? and you can then tell me if they don't have hands eye coordination? do you really want me to pull out facts? or just continue down the myth path?

The legend of Rico grows.... now a rebounding leader in the NCAA....

next...he can jump over a tall building in one leap....stay tuned

dallasdave

Reaction score
no i did not say that.
marty is faster and almost as big.
i have not seen marty plays for a long time so i do not recall how he compares to rico in terms of receiving.
marty is certain lower risk and knows football
so he is lower risk of the two.
marty has so much more upside than the 3 jag tes other than rico.
Last part Rico is better than the ohter 3 on the team now.:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: