McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

waldoputty

Reaction score
Soon.

1178115_012816-wtvd-cat-euthanized-5pm-vid.jpg

sounds like u would be sad if rico does well.
that is unfortunate since the team needs good players.

uncertainty is difficult for many to handle over an extended time period.
it gnaws at them to the point that they rather accept a negative outcome.
it is understandable because the human brain is wired that way.

here is an article explain this and how to overcome anxiety from uncertainty.
here is a quote: "The less information the subjects had to go on, the more irrational and erratic their decisions became."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/travis...ful-people-overcome-uncertainty/#768fe8342475

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
sounds like u would be sad if rico does well.

Not even remotely the case. I hope he lights it up, but it doesn't seem Jerry & Jason are keen on his chances.

Believe it or not, "being right" on this forum isn't a big deal for some of us. I was hoping Rico would turn into Antonio Gates, but time is running out for him.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Your "evidence" is garbage from how long ago? Still trying to squeeze out a little more? Irrelevant today. Just like the vast majority of your slobbering posts over Gathers. Here we are, last preseason game and he has yet to run with the starters. And you keep avoiding questions regarding you making things up to fit your "victim" narrative.

No one has said they want him to fail. Nearly everyone has said they hope he works out, but probably won't.

15 months is not long ago when there is no injury that robs the players of his talent. gregory did not play in the same timeframe and look at what he is doing.
u r saying irrelevant but u have no credibility.
in contrast to ur opinions, i am quoting the most credible person in the organization who effusively expounded on rico's displayed talent against 1st teamers.
the mcclay's comments/interview were supported by the video of rico going against 1st teamers making them look bad.

u just keep twisting the evidence to make ur argument. twisting facts in such a fashion shows that u r desperately trying to win an argument u r losing. such acts of desperation and fact distortion is symptomatic of someone who is irrational enough to desire what is bad for the team to win a stupid argument in a message board.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Not even remotely the case. I hope he lights it up, but it doesn't seem Jerry & Jason are keen on his chances.

Believe it or not, "being right" on this forum isn't a big deal for some of us. I was hoping Rico would turn into Antonio Gates, but time is running out for him.
lol quoting garrett gives u even less credibility.
i just put out the evidence from the most credible guy in the organization.
these r the facts whether u like it or not.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
15 months is not long ago when there is no injury that robs the players of his talent. gregory did not play in the same timeframe and look at what he is doing.
in contrast to ur opinions, i am quoting the most credible person in the organization who effusively expounded on rico's displayed talent against 1st teamers.
the mcclay's comments/interview were supported by the video of rico going against 1st teamers making them look bad.

u just keep twisting the evidence to make ur argument. twisting facts in such a fashion shows that u r desperately trying to win an argument u r losing. such acts of desperation and fact distortion is symptomatic of someone who is irrational enough to desire what is bad for the team to win a stupid argument in a message board.
15 months is irrelevant to today. Deal with it.

You mentioned Gregory, lmao. He's playing with the 1's. Gather's is playing with bottom feeders. There is no argument to win because you can't even use current information. You have derailed and have to dig up stuff over a year old. How is he doing now? That's what I thought.

waldoputty

Reaction score
15 months is irrelevant to today. Deal with it.

You mentioned Gregory, lmao. He's playing with the 1's. Gather's is playing with bottom feeders. There is no argument to win because you can't even use current information. You have derailed and have to dig up stuff over a year old. How is he doing now? That's what I thought.

15 months is irrelevant
from the superbowl to training camp is 6 months.
u r so desperate to win a senseless argument that it is not funny.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I think if he got some 1st team reps in preseason I'd have a different opinion, but it doesn't seem like the staff wants to use him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

this is fantastic. I will use this exact line of reasoning that you have used. your own logic to prove you wrong.......

15 months ago is two training camps...so if this is his third, that means he had only one training camp...that's an assessment based on 1/3 of evidence...not the full evidence, which you have ignored repeatedly...conveniently. Further more the newer evidence is more relevant than older ones....for ALL NFL players....you have ignored that conveniently...

and u have no credibility....so what gives?

in contrast to a statement you provided, there has been plenty (10x) more evidence and quotes provided since that initial statement that says, clearly that he has not progressed. but you choose to ignore that.
and the 15 month old, two training camp ago comments have since been complemented with other videos, and evidence and comments that clearly state he is not ready...but you choose to be stuck in the past, not the present...that;s clearly evident

you keep twisting the old evidence, ignoring all newer, more relevant facts, comments, statements, videos and point to a singular comments from two training camps ago as the only necessary evidence to prove your point... given that I have seen you post some scientific BS you copied from some internet site, I assume you like to approach things scientifically and you have stated as much yourself...thus why ignore all the evidence and selectively choose only one, that's contrary to any scientific or logical approach, ignoring readily available facts...not opinions and the only logical reasoning is that you have an agenda.

furthermore I can say, that given your clearly proven lack of logic and reasoning and your obvious personal agenda (undisputable), that in fact its you who wants the bad for this team, since its evidently clear to all and I mean all, except you that Rico is not good for this team, thus putting him on the team, makes the team bad. you disguise that attempting to use one statement that's so old and so irrelevant, that in NFL is totally and absolutley irrelevant at this point and clearly given the chance ignore all other FACTS since...., and you do that for one reason and one reason only, your primary agenda of hating garrett. I think you very well know that rico sucks. your attempts in trying to use any level of logic has miserably failed over and over...and its obvious you hate to be wrong thinking that somehow that makes you a lesser person and not understanding that doing that in fact makes you lesser....and as well as rico presented hope to you and many others...but others have come to understand that he is not in fact anything of value..........but deeper inside hidden within your emotions, that you have mentioned on several occasions on this topic here and other threads.....is you would like to see this team do bad so that garret gets fired, which is not a sure thing, thus your desire to see the team fail.....if you confront that emotion and be honest with yourself...you would be in a better place

and given your penchant for argument, which since I am bored over the past few days, I have given you the time and attention which I regularly would ignore the clearly childish line of reasoning and given the total lack of logic, reason in your arguments, that in fact its you who has dug in and refuse to see the forrest because of the trees. Since the simple facts are evident to all on this board, in the journalist community, coaches, owners, etc. and you singularly trying to defend rico incorrectly, that this last statement is the truth that you fail to see.

until you deal with the underlying feelings and agenda of your argument you will continue to fail to see what is clear to all except you...in essence this entire 17, 18 page debate is you arguing with yourself and being on both sides of the argument

Last edited:
Reactions: G2

waldoputty

Reaction score
this is fantastic. I will use this exact line of reasoning that you have used. your own logic to prove you wrong.......

15 months ago is two training camps...so if this is his third, that means he had only one training camp...that's an assessment based on 1/3 of evidence...not the full evidence, which you have ignored repeatedly...conveniently. Further more the newer evidence is more relevant than older ones....for ALL NFL players....you have ignored that conveniently...

and u have no credibility....so what gives?

in contrast to a statement you provided, there has been plenty (10x) more evidence and quotes provided since that initial statement that says, clearly that he has not progressed. but you choose to ignore that.
and the 15 month old, two training camp ago comments have since been complemented with other videos, and evidence and comments that clearly state he is not ready...but you choose to be stuck in the past, not the present...that;s clearly evident

you keep twisting the old evidence, ignoring all newer, more relevant facts, comments, statements, videos and point to a singular comments from two training camps ago as the only necessary evidence to prove your point... given that I have seen you post some scientific BS you copied from some internet site, I assume you like to approach things scientifically and you have stated as much yourself...thus why ignore all the evidence and selectively choose only one, that's contrary to any scientific or logical approach, ignoring readily available facts...not opinions and the only logical reasoning is that you have an agenda.

furthermore I can say, that given your clearly proven lack of logic and reasoning and your obvious personal agenda, that in fact its you who wants the bad for this team, since its evidently clear to alland I mean all except you that Rico is not good for this team, thus putting him on the team, makes the team bad. you disguise that attempting to use one statement that's so old, that in NFL is totally and absolutley irrelevant at this point, and you do that for one reason and one reason only, your primary agenda of hating garrett. I think you as very well know that rico sucks. and you hate to be wrong and rico presented hope to you...but deeper inside hidden withoin your emotions, that you have mentioned on several occasions but failed in making the connection is you would like to see this team do bad so that garret gets fired, which is not a sure thing, thus your desire to see the team fail...

and given your penchant for argument, which since I am bored over the past few days, I have given you the time and attention which I regularly would ignore given the total lack of logic, reason in your arguments, that in fact its you who has dug in and refuse to see the forrest because of the trees. Since that simple fact is evident to all on this board, in the journalist community, coaches, owners, etc. and you singularly trying to defend rico incorrectly, that this last statement is the truth that you fail to see.

until you deal with the underlying feelings and agenda of your argument you will continue to fail to see what is clear to all except you...in essence this entire 17, 18 page debate is you arguing with yourself and being on both sides of the argument

:lmao: you actually corrected the record in rico's favor.
May 2017 was the date of the publications/comments/videos talking about how he made 1st teamers look foolish
that is 15 months.
he was balling out in 2017 preseason and got hurt mid august 2017
until the injury, all the comments were positive.
so it is 12 months

rico has made plays when given opportunity.
he has been given opportunity against 1st teamers much this preseason - which is 12 months from when he looked great last preseason.

the technical stuff provides a basis for the talent that is involved in grabbing the ball. that does not vaporize in 12 or 15 months

i did not advocate losing to get garrett fired.
that would be a side-benefit.
i advocated tanking when the team did not look like it was going anywhere last year.
team win superbowls by having overwhelming talent.
tanking helps achieve overwhelming talent.
my personal preference is superbowl or bust.
if we are not in a good position to win the superbowl, i prefer losing to get the draft picks to get more talent.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
:lmao: you actually corrected the record in rico's favor.
May 2017 was the date of the publications/comments/videos talking about how he made 1st teamers look foolish

now you are making things up...like certain people in politics.... I actually pointed to that very article that's 2 training camps old. that's 2/3 of his career to date with cowboys...

that is 15 months.
he was balling out in 2017 preseason and got hurt mid august 2017
until the injury, all the comments were positive.
so it is 12 months

he was playing well against 5th and 6th stringers.....after people learned how to defend him ad neutralize him and him showing clearly that he doesn't know football.....no one can argue those points.
rico has made plays when given opportunity.
he has been given opportunity against 1st teamers much this preseason - which is 12 months from when he looked great last preseason.

yes, rico has made simple plays against inferior competition since 2 training camps ago...which just shows perhaps he is good enough to play in college....which makes sense, since he hasn't played since middle school and the past three years would be similar to his time playing on a good high school team..
i did not advocate losing to get garrett fired.
that would be a side-benefit.

there, you just said it in a passive aggressive way and there is plenty of other quotes similar to this...there is absolutely no benefit to losing...if there was, then why argue for Rico to be on the team if "you" think rico benefits the team.... you can't live on both sides of the fence....your balls get crushed that way on the fence....pun intended
i advocated tanking when the team did not look like it was going anywhere last year.
team win superbowls by having overwhelming talent.
tanking helps achieve overwhelming talent.
my personal preference is superbowl or bust.
if we are not in a good position to win the superbowl, i prefer losing to get the draft picks to get more talent.

and there we are again.... your inner desire for this team to fail, for the true underlying reason for your arguments. your hatred of garrett..... if this team has any level of success, garrett stays and given your personal agenda against garrett, that's an outcome that you don't like to see, thus you like to see the team fail....

and if you talked to 32 GMS, head coaches and anyone in the past and present of NFL, they will tell you tanking helps nothing....clevland browns are the avicence of that...

so your line of reasoning fails yet again