McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

waldoputty

Reaction score
now you are making things up...like certain people in politics.... I actually pointed to that very article that's 2 training camps old. that's 2/3 of his career to date with cowboys...

he was playing well against 5th and 6th stringers.....after people learned how to defend him ad neutralize him and him showing clearly that he doesn't know football.....no one can argue those points.

yes, rico has made simple plays against inferior competition since 2 training camps ago...which just shows perhaps he is good enough to play in college....which makes sense, since he hasn't played since middle school and the past three years would be similar to his time playing on a good high school team..

there, you just said it in a passive aggressive way and there is plenty of other quotes similar to this...there is absolutely no benefit to losing...if there was, then why argue for Rico to be on the team if "you" think rico benefits the team.... you can't live on both sides of the fence....your balls get crushed that way on the fence....pun intended

and there we are again.... your inner desire for this team to fail, for the true underlying reason for your arguments. your hatred of garrett..... if this team has any level of success, garrett stays and given your personal agenda against garrett, that's an outcome that you don't like to see, thus you like to see the team fail....

and if you talked to 32 GMS, head coaches and anyone in the past and present of NFL, they will tell you tanking helps nothing....clevland browns are the avicence of that...

so your line of reasoning fails yet again

what r u talking about???
2016 - rico drafted
2016 training camp - did little except 1 highlight play
2016-2017 season - ps, practiced including on scout team with romo against 1st team
~May 2017 - Mcclay interview, other articles about Rico being unstoppable
2017 training camp/preseason - did great in 1st 2 preseason games. big hype. many in th press anointed him as heir apparent
August 2017 - concussion injury
2017-2018 season - ir - probably for a lot longer than the concussion losing the ability to practice

until the day he was injured, he was doing great.
that is 1 year - not even 15 months.
and not that it matters, as talent does not vaporize after 15 months.
look at gregory who was suspended at the end of the 2016-2017 season.
look at jaylon who was out from Jan 2016 to July 2017 (18 months > 12 or even 15 months)

i have not seen rico neutralized.
i have seen him confused on the field.
i have seen him missed blocks but according to stephen last week, that has improved.
what rico lacks is experience which can be acquired.
what he has is talent, according to mcclay, and that cannot be learned.

i much rather develop talent that lacks experience.
i believe in investment in the future even if there is near term benefits.

i desire a dynasty or at least superbowl and nothing else matters.
all teams other than the superbowl winner are losers.
the way to win the superbowl is to acquire massive talent.

i hate garrett but not willing to lose the superbowl for it.
now if it is just the playoffs and no superbowl, i would rather tank to acquire the talent to get the superbowl.
tanking is one way to do acquire talent.
tanking is practiced by many teams in many sports.
it is so prevalent in the nba that they changed the draft rules.
cleveland may fail despite tanking, but they had been totally incompetent for many years.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
with a large catch radius, u dont need to put throws on a 1 ft window
in the red zone, speed is going to play a smaller role in getting open
so will route running after the 1st and 2nd moves.
A large catch radius might account for how much more room? 6"? 12"? You are overvaluing catch radius. Still have to have a QB who can put it within that radius.

waldoputty

Reaction score
A large catch radius might account for how much more room? 6"? 12"? You are overvaluing catch radius. Still have to have a QB who can put it within that radius.

lets do a quick rough estimate:
1. average US man shoulder width is ~18"
2. db arm length may be 31" wheres rico is 35"
3. an additional foot of catch radius may result from difference in height, arm length and wider shoulders
4. with a foot advantage in catch radius, rico has 11683 sq inch of area vs. 7539 sq inch for 'average' db that is 6 foot tall with 31" arm.
5. in artillery terms, that area defines C.E.P. - circular area probable. rico's C.E.P. is 55% larger than the 'average' db. that is a huge advantage.

and this does not take into the benefits of rico's larger mass.
smaller defenders often 'bounce' off rico because of the difference in mass.

waldoputty

Reaction score
:omg::omg::omg::omg: a picture is worht a thousand words

Speaking of pictures I will be posting this season when Rico is scoring in the Red Zone.:laugh:

@daboyzruleperiod at work, meow meow

A0437l.jpg

raichledog

Reaction score
dont agree here.
dez seems to have declined substantially or he would have gotten his contract from someone

He reportedly turned down 2 teams already (Ravens and Browns), so he could be on a roster if he wanted to be. I am not saying that Dez hasn't declined at all, I was saying that he is still easily good enough to be an impact player and that he and Dak did not have any chemistry. Romo put the ball where Dez could "go get it" while Dak doesn't have that kind of ability/accuracy at this point in his career. Not a knock, as Romo was as accurate of a thrower as there was in the NFL.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He reportedly turned down 2 teams already (Ravens and Browns), so he could be on a roster if he wanted to be. I am not saying that Dez hasn't declined at all, I was saying that he is still easily good enough to be an impact player and that he and Dak did not have any chemistry. Romo put the ball where Dez could "go get it" while Dak doesn't have that kind of ability/accuracy at this point in his career. Not a knock, as Romo was as accurate of a thrower as there was in the NFL.

agreed on dez still having some value.
but part of his decline is that he was no longer winning the jump balls any more.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
lets do a quick rough estimate:
1. average US man shoulder width is ~18"
2. db arm length may be 31" wheres rico is 35"
3. an additional foot of catch radius may result from difference in height, arm length and wider shoulders
4. with a foot advantage in catch radius, rico has 11683 sq inch of area vs. 7539 sq inch for 'average' db that is 6 foot tall with 31" arm.
5. in artillery terms, that area defines C.E.P. - circular area probable. rico's C.E.P. is 55% larger than the 'average' db. that is a huge advantage.

and this does not take into the benefits of rico's larger mass.
smaller defenders often 'bounce' off rico because of the difference in mass.
So, what, maybe a 15.5" advantage.
It also doesn't take into account his lack of speed or inability to be where he's supposed to be from time to time.

waldoputty

Reaction score
It also doesn't take into account his lack of speed or inability to be where he's supposed to be from time to time.

so the catch radius is very important as it translates to >50% increase in error margin for the passer.

u could line rico up wide and run a fade/jump ball and provide the red zone offense with a serious option.
basically replaces dez in that role at 1/16 the cost.
and yes, he can run other routes so the defender cannot just assume it will only be that route.
they would need to put a larger taller guy on him, and not many of those r good coverage lb's.
and if the defense is in a nickel, u just took out 1 lb in the box so zeke will have an easier time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Weird with a Superman catch radius he hasn't gotten a roster spot locked down yet.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
so the catch radius is very important as it translates to >50% increase in error margin for the passer.

u could line rico up wide and run a fade/jump ball and provide the red zone offense with a serious option.
basically replaces dez in that role at 1/16 the cost.
and yes, he can run other routes so the defender cannot just assume it will only be that route.
they would need to put a larger taller guy on him, and not many of those r good coverage lb's.
and if the defense is in a nickel, u just took out 1 lb in the box so zeke will have an easier time.
Have you convinced anybody yet?

waldoputty

Reaction score
Have you convinced anybody yet?

my point for posting the thread is for the general reader - not to convince someone who already has made up their mind.
i really could not give a damn what they think.
however, their numerous responses have served my purpose well - that is for the general reader (including any press people) to see the title of the thread on the top of the 1st page of cz - that Mcclay said Rico was unstoppable against 1st team defenders.
and if readers are unaware of this, then the videos would be the 1st things they see when they click.
for that i am thankful in their pro bono assistance in my pr effort.
if u want me to stop responding, u need to offer some sizable reward, starting with some appropriate pics of @daboyzruleperiod
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
my point for posting the thread is for the general reader - not to convince someone who already has made up their mind.
i really could not give a damn what they think.
however, their numerous responses has served my purpose well - that is for the general reader (including any press people) to see the title of the thread on the top of the 1st page of cz - that Mcclay said Rico was unstoppable against 1st team defenders.
and if readers are unaware of this, then the videos would be the 1st things they see when they click.
for that i am thankful in their assistance in my pr effort.
if u want me to stop responding, u need to offer some sizable reward, starting with some appropriate pics of @daboyzruleperiod
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
:thumbup: