McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

waldoputty

Reaction score
He grew another foot
frank-lentini1.jpg

HanD

Reaction score
I would put Schultz onto the practice squad. He can't block also. And he certainly can't run routes and as slow as molasses. If someone picks up Schultz it won't be a big deal. He doesn't offer anything worth screaming home about.

I dont disagree from a put the best guys on the team stand point. I just think the fo will make his 4th rd pick status a no cut deal for better or worse

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
many would say he declined after the foot injury
i think most would argue that his play has declined in the last 3 years.
so u r going to put it all on dak?
I’m saying that Romo was a rare talent that could usually put the ball exactly where he wanted, when he wanted, making even a clueless physical specimen look good. Like it or not, we’re all in on Dak, so you need receivers who can get more open. He’s not going to put throws in a 1-foot window with impeccable timing nearly as often.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I’m saying that Romo was a rare talent that could usually put the ball exactly where he wanted, when he wanted, making even a clueless physical specimen look good. Like it or not, we’re all in on Dak, so you need receivers who can get more open. He’s not going to put throws in a 1-foot window with impeccable timing nearly as often.

with a large catch radius, u dont need to put throws on a 1 ft window
in the red zone, speed is going to play a smaller role in getting open
so will route running after the 1st and 2nd moves.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I dont disagree from a put the best guys on the team stand point. I just think the fo will make his 4th rd pick status a no cut deal for better or worse

i think it is 4th round compensation picks.
they should cut the 4th comp, 5th, non-IR 6th and 7th round picks this year
suspect most if not all will make it to the ps

DandyDon52

Reaction score
:dance:

oh crap..got pumped without reading.
I thought this was recent.
:banghead:
Romo was slicing and dicing the 1st team D in practice daily late in 2016. Entire practices with the ball not hitting the ground. So, sorry if I'm disappointed in the context.
lol so after 2 years with cowboy coaches he has regressed ! ....... seems to be a common theme?
Rush looked good, last year but after a year with our coaches, they got him regressed, isnt easy but they do it.
Dak was great out of college, but after 2016 season they have regressed him too lol.

Good news is Dak is back to coaching himself now .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Blah, blah, blah. Just cut the guy and let him find an opportunity somewhere else. We're not going to do anything with Rico so give him his freedom so we can suck at TE all year long. Maybe one of the other guys can improve over time.
that is probably what they will do, or put him on ps, where some team will grab him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is a Football board, not a spelling class KID, I was watching Dallas win their first Superbowl before you were born. Now go take a nap little boy.
You seem immature for your age.

waldoputty

Reaction score
The irony of this post.

Name me ONE fan here who has posted they hope he does not do well.

yea, the facts r pretty clear.

mcclay, the most credible guy in the cowboys, said that rico had amazing talent.
not only did the most credible guy state as such, he did it say so in an interview and said it in an extremely clear way, in detail, including said talent was displayed against 1st teamers, 2 of whom r still on the team.
i do not recall mcclay ever talking about any other player in the same way.

and there is a video of rico going against the 1st teamers, including 2 current starters jones and heath, and he made them looking like 8th graders trying to play against 12 graders.

that happened in practices in 2016-2017 season. the comments including the videos, were around may 2017. so that is only 15 months before.

such displayed talent does not just disappear. gregory was suspended around the same time and he is now balling out now. when rico is given an opportunity, he simply makes plays. while most of that happened in the 2nd half, if not the 4th quarter, he can only do what he is given an opportunity to.

so i did the work to dig this stuff up. in contrast, u r just taking little cheap shots because u lack the facts to dispute this. that is because mcclay is the most credible guy in the organization. and because he said it repeatedly in such a clear fashion. and because there is a video showing rico playing in such a fashion making 1st teamers look bad.

however, after invested so much effort over numerous posts, u r frustrated. with no success due to the preponderance of evidence, u resort to cheap shots like. such passive aggressive behavior connotes someone losing an argument because of the facts:

You kids sure could benefit from spell check. Without it, it makes your digs sad.

You seem immature for your age.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You are taking the comment out of context. But thats kinda your niche on here.

out of context? mcclay only stated it in the provided interview in a most detailed fashion. and then he talked about how rico did it against 1st teamers. and there is a video of it showing that rico made said 1st teamers look foolish trying to defend him.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
yea, the facts r pretty clear.

mcclay, the most credible guy in the cowboys, said that rico had amazing talent.
not only did the most credible guy state as such, he did it say so in an interview and said it in an extremely clear way, in detail, including said talent was displayed against 1st teamers, 2 of whom r still on the team.
i do not recall mcclay ever talking about any other player in the same way.

and there is a video of rico going against the 1st teamers, including 2 current starters jones and heath, and he made them looking like 8th graders trying to play against 12 graders.

that happened in practices in 2016-2017 season. the comments including the videos, were around may 2017. so that is only 15 months before.

such displayed talent does not just disappear. gregory was suspended around the same time and he is now balling out now. when rico is given an opportunity, he simply makes plays. while most of that happened in the 2nd half, if not the 4th quarter, he can only do what he is given an opportunity to.

so i did the work to dig this stuff up. in contrast, u r just taking little cheap shots because u lack the facts to dispute this. that is because mcclay is the most credible guy in the organization. and because he said it repeatedly in such a clear fashion. and because there is a video showing rico playing in such a fashion making 1st teamers look bad.

however, after invested so much effort over numerous posts, u r frustrated. with no success due to the preponderance of evidence, u resort to cheap shots like. such passive aggressive behavior connotes someone losing an argument because of the facts:
Your "evidence" is garbage from how long ago? Still trying to squeeze out a little more? Irrelevant today. Just like the vast majority of your slobbering posts over Gathers. Here we are, last preseason game and he has yet to run with the starters. And you keep avoiding questions regarding you making things up to fit your "victim" narrative.

No one has said they want him to fail. Nearly everyone has said they hope he works out, but probably won't.