McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
@daboyzruleperiod at work, meow meow

A0437l.jpg
:grin:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
despite whatever u try to twist the facts, it was not a 5 word comment. he talked about it in detail in the interview. that was then discussed by the press, who also said they talked to various cowboys people who said the same thing. sure everyone makes mistakes, but this is by far the strongest remarks i have seen mcclay make. and the video of his play against 1st teamers back that up.

as far as why i started the thread. it is to remind people, particularly any press members of what happened before. press people are not going to bother with anything else other than looking at the title and perhaps the first couple pages in the thread where the videos are. so thank you for your pro bono service. public relations was part of my responsibility in previous project, so i do speak from experience here.

the new evidence is that rico makes plays when given the opportunity. he has the most yards out of the tight end candidates, for whatever that is worth. he has not been given the opportunity to play with 1st teamers in preseason, so the last data with 1st teamers is pretty much from the 2016-2017 season.
to funny..... someone whose single expertise is to twist words, accusing others of it, when they present FACTs, backed by STATS and not OPINIONs.

second, publicity? really. if you think this was publicity then you really have to look at the definition. this was a train wreck of a disaster. I can't describe what this was in terms of horrors of rico....

the new evidence is not that he makes plays. that's two training camps ago. the new evidence and according to Rico, too, he doesn't know the playbook, he doesn't know his assignments and he doesn't know how to run routes... show me any new evidence, not ancient out dated, irrelevant comments. actual, factual evidence from this year that he has made plays.

I would be scared shietless if he played with the first teamers. that's when I would put Zeke and Dak on the IR for the yar and write off the season, because he would be solely responsible for getting them killed by not doing his job...

and thankfully, given now last night's performance. this charade and farce is over. we have seen last of rico with cowboys and in NFL and two years from now it will be Rico who?

you have to find somebody else to hitch your wagon to...I am sure you will find one and continue to hope the cowboys fail. in the end, as you yourself admitted to it. you want the cowboys to fail.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cowboys mostly lined him up at Y. Blocking inline he was consistently able to get his hands inside. Needs to do a better job sustaining as he got ripped twice at the poa but I didn't notice any missed assignments. At the same time he was able to block at the poa and get push. His play strength is impressive.

Also got a chance to see him take a couple of snaps in pass protection where he stoned the OLB pretty easily.

Two caveats to consider are that this was in the second half and most of those players will not be on an NFL roster in a few days and most of the run calls were straight ahead.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Did he get any snaps with the first team? They either think he is on the team and just giving him some reps or they are resigned to the fact he likely won’t make the team so they are letting Swaim get work and trying Jarwin and Shultz as 2 and 3 TE.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Our TE's suck and Rico has actually shown some ability.

They would be stupid to keep any of those scrubs over him much less all 3 but i'm sure they will.

If they cut Rico then at least trade or sign another TE.
No real trade value. They will try to put him in the PS. He will get poached or JJ will pay him enough to stay.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If they cut Rico then at least trade or sign another TE.

I've always thought the 4 TE roster was possible, if they are only going to play Rico in specialty plays and he can block from that position he will still add value to the roster. I thought they would keep him just because of his upside, but he can give you a red zone weapon at this point.