McClay (2017) on Rico in practice - "We can't stop him" against 1st teamers **merged**

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Rico has looked as good as all 3 of them and all 3 have had every opportunity in the world to impress but they are just jags and do jag things.

In very limited opportunities, Rico has multiple highlight reel catches. He's huge and powerful. He has things the JAGs don't and will never have. He lost last season to IR, where he couldn't even practice during the regular season.

1 accrued season. After never playing football.

His lack of learning is a problem, but that's the coaches too. If they want him to learn, don't let him on the field until he does. It's not rocket science for him to learn, or for them to get him to learn. Everybody needs to start doing their jobs.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
During DallasCowboys.Com Cowboys Break, Steve Eatman asked Will McClay about Rico Gathers and everything sounds very promising. McClay even went on to say, “We can’t stop him”. And Rico/Romo were going against 1st teamers in byron jones, church and heath.

So his passcatching was called "unstoppable" against 1st teamers, but yet there are people who claim Rico is nothing special? That was in 2017, so people seriously now think he 'forgot' how to be unstoppable???

https://thesportsdaily.com/2017/05/03/will-mcclay-on-rico-gathers-we-cant-stop-him/

furthermore, Broaddus said during an episode of The Draft Show this week. “I will say this. I had people come up to me and say, cause I was always curious about Rico [Gathers], I had people come up to me and say ‘You ought-of seen what [Tony] Romo did with him today, ... Cause Romo was with him on scout team. And Romo just kept throwing him the ball because he was so much bigger. He was battling [Barry] Church, he’s battling [Byron] Jones, he’s battling [J.J.] Wilcox and [Jeff] Heath. The kid just kept making plays. The problem is not the athletic ability, it’s the mental side…he just hasn’t played football”

here is a video of a Mcclay gushing about Rico.

Oh that Rico, the practice phenom. Was he playin the first team D, PS D or third string D like the pre-season games

waldoputty

Reaction score
Only thing I feel like right now is a few cold drinks!! Salud!
salud
butterbeer_orig.jpg

Lutonio

Reaction score
Can we get a mod to take this thread behind the shed and put a bullet in it?

Aven8

Reaction score
Sounds like the Jones boys are saying play him more JG.