News: McFadden broke elbow in home accident *Update post 169*

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not a big deal. Elliot/Morris will be the RBs this year, mainly Elliot. And whenever Randle gets back.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Amazing. The injury prone McFadden goes down again. How he lasted the entire year last year with all those carries is a miracle.

So who were all those guys last year telling us that McFadden was just fine at RB?

He still could be just fine at RB. It's two months, it's not a season. If you make this comment, then what does that say about our QB? Is he just fine or is he not? Any injured player can be fit into this box, if you will.

DFWJC

Reaction score
At least the 'two months' coincides with the period of time when little is happening.

Good timing for him, really.
Doesn't much affect cardio and they have most that time as down time anyway.
More reps for the other rookie too.

bark

Reaction score
I say the amazing part of this is that he showed up to OTA's with and practiced with a broken elbow !

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We are talking about missing a couple months folks, that's not even all of training camp. Maybe we see a little more of Morris now but ultimately, this changes nothing to the big picture. I know the haters want him gone but you were going to feel that way whether this happened or not.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Feelin' really good about our 1st round draft pick now, not that I wasn't already. I'm not going to jump to conclusions about who will end up on the roster. This, obviously, doesn't help McFadden. I love the dude. He was obviously our best back last season, showing up the underwear thief. We'll see how he heals up and who's performing best for us in preseason. We still don't know for certain that Morris is a good fit. Let's see how he looks in preseason versus McFadden before drawing any conclusions. I can say that whether McFadden stays or goes to play for another team, I hope he has a great career ahead of him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
lol, since when does physicals include x-rays of your elbow. :laugh:

Yeah and how do you go two weeks, including some practices not knowing it's broken. Something is smelling fishy about this.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Unhappy about the accident, but happy that DJ will probably get more reps.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Morris and Zeke. Last year was an oulier for DMC as far as injuries.

he does have a history of being fragile.

At his age, he doesn't need "too much camp" anyway.....Im hoping for a full recovery.......the way these RBs get hurt, we may need him down the stretch....

Aven8

Reaction score
Probably didn't want to say anything as he thought he might get cut is my bet. 2 weeks and he had no idea of the fracture?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
he does have a history of being fragile.

At his age, he doesn't need "too much camp" anyway.....Im hoping for a full recovery.......the way these RBs get hurt, we may need him down the stretch....
Who are 'these' rbs who get hurt other than DMC?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Who are 'these' rbs who get hurt other than DMC?

I am talking league wide..... and , not just RBs......but RBs do tend to get banged up, tired....

we need as many good healthy, talented RBs as we can get.,.,.