Media Rumors about Cowboys are not Fact

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven’t sailed around the world yet. It might appear flat. I’m not sure I’d believe scientific evidence until I don’t fall off the edge of the ocean. Lol
There are multiple sources of information about the Earth NOT being flat.

Scientific information goes through a verification process called peer review.

The rumor started by Florio has not been verified by anybody with the ability to verify it.

The rumor has not been given any support by the local Dallas sports media or Zeke and his agent or the team.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I just won’t allow anyone to redirect my message or spin my narrative. It can be very frustrating to some. They become irrational and exhausted falling victim to personal attacks.
The spin doctor hath spoketh

Diehardblues

Reaction score
x, welcome to Greg's world. He lives for this and when you get into an argument with him he's like a bull terrier and has no quit. He's actually admitted to loving to do that and driving some of his friends mad.

He was voted "Student most likely to make you bite your pencil in half' by his debate class. I dig it though, it's fun to see him rile people up with his Pee Wee Herman "I know you are but what am I"?

The highlight of my time on the old DC.com was watching Greg drive a pretty level headed and logical poster, who is here btw, to his breaking point in a rave with all caps and cussing up a storm. The best night on the forum.
You know I have no idea the PeeWee Herman reference. Never watched him.

You’re a pleasure to follow too Coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are multiple sources of information about the Earth NOT being flat.

Scientific information goes through a verification process called peer review.

The rumor started by Florio has not been verified by anybody with the ability to verify it.

The rumor has not been given any support by the local Dallas sports media or Zeke and his agent or the team.
And why would a rumor that’s not a proven fact prevent a speculative discussion on an opinion based Fan Forum?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we get another hot topic like Elliott I might make it to 20,000 post before Opening Day.

I’ve got time now. It’s too hot to play golf. Lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
x, welcome to Greg's world. He lives for this and when you get into an argument with him he's like a bull terrier and has no quit. He's actually admitted to loving to do that and driving some of his friends mad.

He was voted "Student most likely to make you bite your pencil in half' by his debate class. I dig it though, it's fun to see him rile people up with his Pee Wee Herman "I know you are but what am I"?

The highlight of my time on the old DC.com was watching Greg drive a pretty level headed and logical poster, who is here btw, to his breaking point in a rave with all caps and cussing up a storm. The best night on the forum.

Thanks for the info.

Hopefully I've maintained my composure.

I guess he is using a type of trolling that I'll call the Caveman Trolling technique. He pretends to believe any idiotic report and then pretends to have zero ability to understand anything that disputes the report.

Hopefully he is pretending because anybody that takes the rumor as fact is probably a danger to himself and unable to know not to walk out into traffic.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Hopefully I've maintained my composure.

I guess he is using a type of trolling that I'll call the Caveman Trolling technique. He pretends to believe any idiotic report and then pretends to have zero ability to understand anything that disputes the report.

Hopefully he is pretending because anybody that takes the rumor as fact is probably a danger to himself and unable to know not to walk out into traffic.
I’ve never taken the rumor as fact. On the contrary. I’m more about playing Devils Advocate. Once the rumor is out there is when I enjoy the speculative Discussion.

How boring it would be around here if all we had to discuss was facts and stats. About as boring as being an Accounting major. Lol

I love taking the Underdog role and will argue it until the cows come home. Maybe longer.. lol

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm saying that my sources cancel out your claimed sources in Dallas.

I am NOT saying that my sources cancel out Florio.

How rich is this?

So your sources cancel out the other poster’s, but you’re adamant that you’re not saying they cancel out Florio’s sources.

But then just a page or two earlier you say “I'm OK with people not believing mine (i.e. sources) as long as they don't believe Florio.”

Classic xwalker talking out both ends.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya gotta admit, using the "Elliott told a personal friend" is a new twist on "reliable sources". Is Elliott's friend a reliable source? Is he a reliable friend? Or is he just delivering the message as he was supposed to do? Making him a reliable friend acting as a reliable source?

Meaning whomever is relaying the information thinks the source is reliable. Which brings up the question of the meaning of reliable. What % of the time do you have to be right to be considered reliable. Or if you're right the first time, do you cross the reliability line?

What's amusing about this is media rumors and Cowboys are symbiotic and as long as we keep that word "rumor' in there, we won't go charging off the cliff after the gullible lemmings.

And at the root of this we must ask ourselves the all important question, do we really care? I don't care if he holds out so I sure as hell don't care what he told his friend.

But as long as we're on reliable sources, you will not convince me that Werder didn't have one or that the reason he was reliable was because he was the son of the owner using Werder to accomplish a task. And about rumors, think it was odd that never substantiated rumor about Dez in a parking lot video showed up when the negotiations were taking place? Scratch a rumor, find a motive.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve never taken the rumor as fact. On the contrary. I’m more about playing Devils Advocate. Once the rumor is out there is when I enjoy the speculative Discussion.

How boring it would be around here if all we had to discuss was facts and stats. About as boring as being an Accounting major. Lol
Yep, the rumor mill drives a large part of this forum just as it did the old one. We're all a bunch of old women meeting in the backyards to hang our clothes on the line.

Facts are near as much fun. A fun fact probably started out as a rumor.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, the rumor mill drives a large part of this forum just as it did the old one. We're all a bunch of old women meeting in the backyards to hang our clothes on the line.

Facts are near as much fun. A fun fact probably started out as a rumor.
Right. A bunch of wash women.

Who wants to discuss facts. Where’s the fun in that?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And why would a rumor that’s not a proven fact prevent a speculative discussion on an opinion based Fan Forum?

I never said to avoid discussing it.

I said to avoid believing rumors that have zero supporting evidence.

I posted after I proved that you were not truthful about the reason for your thread about Stephen Jones, that you would start following me around.

@CouchCoach has enlightened me on your history at the other message board. There is no point for me to waste more time responding to you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never said to avoid discussing it.

I said to avoid believing rumors that have zero supporting evidence.

I posted after I proved that you were not truthful about the reason for your thread about Stephen Jones, that you would start following me around.

@CouchCoach has enlightened me on your history at the other message board. There is no point for me to waste more time responding to you.
You really shouldn’t take yourself so serious.

We’re all annonoymous Yahoos on a Fan Forum.

If I’ve learned anything on these Cowboy forums last dozen years it’s that regardless our background , history, etc we all are only judged here by our character , personalities and content .

And I was truthful. You didn’t spur that thread. You might think you did but you didn't. You obviously feel you have some lasting effect on everyone here. Lol

You have no idea the fans I’ve taken on. Youre not even in the neighborhood yet. Lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How rich is this?

So your sources cancel out the other poster’s, but you’re adamant that you’re not saying they cancel out Florio’s sources.

But then just a page or two earlier you say “I'm OK with people not believing mine (i.e. sources) as long as they don't believe Florio.”

Classic xwalker talking out both ends.

As usual you are obsessed with me and you love to follow me around.

It appears Diehardblues might be following in your footsteps.

Hardline

Reaction score
All Cowboys news is rumor until you see the press conference or the Cowboys player or an official Cowboys representative say it.