***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
His scoring woes started in 2017 and there not improving.....
Hence the facts....

Points scored by the Dak-Mafia

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts
Eagles 6 pts (Eagles playing with 3rd string def)

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts
Bears 24 pts(Garbage points)
Eagles 9 pts (for div title)

Simply said what we experienced in the Bronco and Chiefs game was not Daks first dance.
Even though he has the best players in the NFL around him he still cannot score the points esp in games vs good teams.
My brothers, we have been bamboozled by this Great PR man who is at best an average QB!
Dak has good talent around him but not the best. Zeke looks washed as a running back. When Tyron and Martin are playing we have a good line but when one is missing we are average. The receivers are great if all 5 are playing their roles but if Amari or CeeDee are out we are average. Dak has got to lead the team to the NFC championship game this season, then you can judge.

khiladi

Reaction score
We lost Amari Cooper the Friday before the game. That doesnt matter though. lol. You dont think losing cooper that close to game day affected the game plan?

1, Who said losing Amari didn’t matter? I never said Dak wasn’t carried by Amari and Lamb in actuality, among others. I’m not a Dak-stan that claims he carries this team or that Dak made Amari, because he supposedly wasn’t good with Carr and the Raiders.

That’s why Cooper Rush found Amari 8 times for like 119 yards and a game running TD in his first real game starting in four years.

2. Cut the excuses. Amari has been limited in practices for weeks. They run plenty of action with him sitting out in practice. It’s nothing like a LT getting injured suddenly on Friday, two days before the big game.

3. Also, Lamb gets the number 1, WR, treatment which is why they doubled him and Dak couldn’t do Jack squat. It’s not simply the LT, it’s the fact that even Dak-stans admit we have arguably the best WR Corp in the league, meaning that if one goes down, it should not impact the offense to such a dramatic extent.

This isn’t new. In 2018, when teams started shifting coverage over the Amari, Dak sucked and why he posted 0 points against the Colts and looked awful against Tampa Bay. If it weren’t for the TOs generated in scoring position, Dak got outplayed by the TB Winston.

4 I also said that Mahomes didn’t lose just his LT,he lost multiple OL throughout the season, and given time to adjust, he still ended up in the SB. Dak-stans on the other hand will yap about the QB they claim carries the squad, but can’t adjust to players being out for multiple games. Every time, it’s about ‘this player’ or ‘that player’ being out.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

Watching Brady do his thing tonight THAT is an elite QB,
Dak is making elite money because he is a top 8 quarterback in the league. If you are top 12 at the quarterback position you gonna get paid. Dak is not only an elite quarterback but off the field, corporate America loves him. If for some reason he would have been a free agent last season, he would have received a better contract then he got with the Cowboys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has good talent around him but not the best. Zeke looks washed as a running back. When Tyron and Martin are playing we have a good line but when one is missing we are average. The receivers are great if all 5 are playing their roles but if Amari or CeeDee are out we are average. Dak has got to lead the team to the NFC championship game this season, then you can judge.

And whose Mahomes got? I see 1 good WR, an aging TE, and nobody of note in the backfield. The kid in NE is tearing it up with next to nothing around him.

No QB in the NFL has more talent around him than Dak. Missing a few pieces should not shut down the offense. He's got to adapt. You can't play KC the same way you play Atlanta.

JBS

Reaction score
Tell us you are clueless without telling us you are clueless

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And whose Mahomes got? I see 1 good WR, an aging TE, and nobody of note in the backfield. The kid in NE is tearing it up with next to nothing around him.

No QB in the NFL has more talent around him than Dak. Missing a few pieces should not shut down the offense. He's got to adapt. You can't play KC the same way you play Atlanta.

It’s not just that.. He couldn’t even be mediocre for us last week.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Hell nah he didn't. But of course no one is a Romo fan anymore. Anytime you question these guys they say "I was never a big Romo fan....". That's some BS lol. Guys are Romo fans to this day and there's some still upset that Dak won that job.
You seem to be one of the only folks who brings up Romo in every Dak thread. I for one straight up admitted to you that I was angry at Dak because Tony didn't get his job back when healthy or didn't have a chance to compete for the job the following year. I held that against Dak and wasn't afraid to say it.

It obviously wasn't Dak's fault, but fans do dumb things. Romo was the last Cowboy I will ever be emotionally invested in. I learned it's a dumb thing to do.

I was never a Dak "hater", once I got over the being mad at him, I warmed up to him during 2017. I thought he had warts but also I could see he was a hard worker. I really don't even know what elite means anymore in sports, but I do think you can win a Super Bowl with him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pre-2021 Dak there was nothing elite about.

2021 Dak looked elite at times but Sunday at KC looked like classic Dak.

Im worried Dak is back to the team elevating him and him not elevating the team.

jnday

Reaction score
Because he’s an elite QB, especially when his team is healthy. Unless you’re one of those people that don’t think Tyron Smith, CeeDee Lamb, Amari Cooper, Randy Gregory, Osa, and DeMarcus Lawrence don’t really matter and don’t have any impact on football games.
I watched a video last week that had a smart definition of elite QBs. It said that elite QBs are capable of winning games when one or more of the position groups on the team is below average and the QB overcomes those positions that have below average players to consistently win . If a QB has to have above average talent at every position to win, he is not elite. Dak wins , especially against losing teams, but he has never been able to elevate their level of play and make those below average players better during games. I remember when the rumors started that Dak wanted $40 million a year and even the Dak lovers thought he wasn’t worth it. They said that Dak would never be that greedy. Dak and his people denied it, but they was just putting those numbers out there to see the reaction that $40 million would get. Once the outrage was over, they did ask for that large payday and Jerry folded like a lawn chair to Dak’s demands. Hell no, he is not worth it. Excluding the meaningless stats, what has he done to deserve the “elite” label? Did I miss a lot of big games when he stepped up and won? What about playoff games or Super Bowls?

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak was paid for what the organization THINKS he can do, not for what he has DONE.

It's an investment that you hope pays off in the future.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Dallas is 7-3 and Kansas City is 7-4. The Chiefs were 100% healthy and only scored 19 points. Dak and Mahomes stats were eerily similar. Neither played well.

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
Dak had a poor game but his offensive line absolutely stank and he lost his two best targets. I'm surprised there isn't more ire with Cooper. His disappearance for two weeks was entirely preventable.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lol. It’s a team game. Dak had a few bad throws and so did mahomes. We had 2 big drops. Wilson and Brown dropped scores. And we lost Lamb. No Lamb or Cooper makes a difference..

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
it would be interesting to see the "stats" on how he does against man coverage verse zone. he's more timid throwing into man coverage because he doesn't trust his arm. looked like it killed him the last game. mvp rudy.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
you cry babies can have your time when your MVP who needs the best talent in the NFL around him on offense beats up on some cellar dweller team. go rudy.

he should beat the lowly raiders but if he doesn't he's worse than what people say about him.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you cry babies can have your time when your MVP who needs the best talent in the NFL around him on offense beats up on some cellar dweller team. go rudy.

he should be the lowly raiders but if he doesn't he's worse than what people say about him.

We got the Falcons this week so be ready to PAD those Stats Dak!!!!:muttley:

rudy-ive-been-ready.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.