***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His scoring woes started in 2017 and there not improving.....
Hence the facts....

Points scored by the Dak-Mafia

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts
Eagles 6 pts (Eagles playing with 3rd string def)

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts
Bears 24 pts(Garbage points)
Eagles 9 pts (for div title)

Simply said what we experienced in the Bronco and Chiefs game was not Daks first dance.
Even though he has the best players in the NFL around him he still cannot score the points esp in games vs good teams.
My brothers, we have been bamboozled by this Great PR man who is at best an average QB!

visionary

Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

Watching Brady do his thing tonight THAT is an elite QB,

It’s simple
Dak keeps the Cowboys “relevant” so Jerry can print money
Winning a SB and fans can go to hell

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
If I'm any NFL QB, I make damn sure I have an offensive line before worrying about my $$$$$$. I think I can make it on a mere 20ish mill a season.

Once my line in what we need THEN I will think about me, but not get silly with it like Dak did.
So you good with a 50% lower than market cost in on your job so the company can hire better staff to compete with its competitors? Does your family know agree with your thinking

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't get the whole "Prescott a top 5 QB" argument.

This is his 6th season and he;
- hasn't won a league MVP,
- hasn't been to a Superbowl (granted this is a collective team issue)
- has only won a single play off win with the Cowboys
- hasn't been voted as an All-Pro.

Rodgers
Brady
Mahomes

Are the top 3 for people who look at it objectively.

I think you could argue how most other quarterbacks in the league could be a top 5 QB one week then middle of the pack the next. Prescott falls into this bracket along with the likes of Cousins imo. If you would pay Cousins as a franchise QB then you pay Prescott as well. Personally I don't pay either but my model is different to others.

Last edited:

Nexx

Reaction score
Because he’s elite. Elite Qb’s lead their teams to zero TDS 7 out of 8 quarters in two games vs the Broncos and Chiefs.

Swagger

Reaction score
Of the other QBs I would pay Allen if I'm the Bills because he's their first quality QB since Jim Kelly and he has had an average offensive line throughout his career but makes it work most weeks.
I pay Jackson if I'm the Ravens. He has been integral to them winning games.
I pay Herbert and Mac Jones when the time comes up.

John813

Reaction score
With the cap/contract structure 40million doesn't mean that much.

In reality, he's taking home 75mil this year.
For a cap hit purpose, his hit is only 17.2mil.
Next year it goes to $34.45mil, but I guarantee you it will be closer to around 19mil after restructuring.
Odds are when his contract actually gets close to 40mil cap hit wise, most of our offensive line on their 2nd contracts will be gone. I can't see Smith or Collins being here in 2023.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
In Dallas you get paid based on what Jerry hopes you will become. Not what you are. I have been saying this for a while. Every contract we hand out has "break even" as the absolute best case scenario that we can hope for. It is impossible to win in the NFL today unless you have a large number of players who play at a level that exceeds their contract.

Having said that Dak is a QB and we pretty much had no choice. All we can do is ride it out and hope for the best over the next 4 years. He has shown that he can be a top 10 pocket passer at times. We just need to hope that he can be that guy consistently and not just when everything is going prefect around him.

Redline360

Reaction score
The one thing stopping him from being considered "elite" would be the put the team on my shoulders mentality like Brady, Rodgers and etc.

Like many fans and analysts suggesy he's a product of the overflowing talent on offense to which I still agree too. I think that's his final stepping stone.

Is he one of the best quarterbacks in the league when the team is healthy? Yes

Can we win a superbowl with him as a quarterback? Yes

Is he elite?.....no

J_Allen

Reaction score
He can be an elite quarterback but he just has to want it every week. It looks like he doesn't.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Points are a team statistic. This particular handful of **** won't stick to the wall.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His scoring woes started in 2017 and there not improving.....
Hence the facts....

Points scored by the Dak-Mafia

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts
Eagles 6 pts (Eagles playing with 3rd string def)

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts
Bears 24 pts(Garbage points)
Eagles 9 pts (for div title)

Simply said what we experienced in the Bronco and Chiefs game was not Daks first dance.
Even though he has the best players in the NFL around him he still cannot score the points esp in games vs good teams.
My brothers, we have been bamboozled by this Great PR man who is at best an average QB!

I am a Cowboy fan not a Dak fan. In my era of fan, Dallas Cowboy players had to earn the respect of fans by representing the team in a super bowl. That was the bar. The past 25 years of mediocrity have spawned a new generation of fan enamored and satisfied by player stats rather than winning. This is why we have a dak mafia.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
He was elite his rookie year when we ran a totally different offense and his ability to run was on full display. The QB draw was the best red zone play we had. No one respects him as a runner any more. He is trying to transition into the pure pocket passer. Sometimes he looks amazing. Other times he looks shaky. We can win with him but we will need to be smart with our money moving forward. 20 million for D Flaw to sit on the bench can not happen. We need a viable back up at LT. We need to keep adding to the defense. Giving a massive deal to a player as unreliable as Gregory can not happen. We need to have a lot of things go our way.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a Cowboy fan not a Dak fan. In my era of fan, Dallas Cowboy players had to earn the respect of fans by representing the team in a super bowl. That was the bar. The past 25 years of mediocrity have spawned a new generation of fan enamored and satisfied by player stats rather than winning. This is why we have a dak mafia.
:hammer:

streetcredit

Reaction score
If Dak is elite, why do defensive coordinators always stop run first and make Dak defeat them? Do teams try that against Aaron Rogers?

Status
Not open for further replies.