***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak sucked before Lamb even went out. The Chiefs just shifted coverage to the side of Lamb, essentially doubling him. Again, it’s nothing new here. In 2018, when the Colts, who play heave cover 2 zone shifted help to the side of Amari, the Cowboys were shut out. He was awful against the Staley-heavy zone in the Chargers game.

It took three years for Dak to recognize man coverage, when Amari yelled at him in the Eagles game. That’s when his 2018 season ‘turned around’, but he still sucked against zone and he settles for the underneath.

Dak weaknesses get exposed with the slightest chink in the armor. You can just fixate your eyes on just watching him and know where he is going a majority of time. He’s thoroughly dependent on the system. On the other hand, you watch a stud like Herbert, the guy is firing through his progressions. That offense is completely centered around him and his ability to throw to anybody in the open field, running any route.

joesgot4

Reaction score
His scoring woes started in 2017 and there not improving.....
Hence the facts....

Points scored by the Dak-Mafia

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts
Eagles 6 pts (Eagles playing with 3rd string def)

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts
Bears 24 pts(Garbage points)
Eagles 9 pts (for div title)

Simply said what we experienced in the Bronco and Chiefs game was not Daks first dance.
Even though he has the best players in the NFL around him he still cannot score the points esp in games vs good teams.
My brothers, we have been bamboozled by this Great PR man who is at best an average QB!

joesgot4

Reaction score
Hence the facts....

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts

Simply said what we experienced in the Bronco and Chiefs game was not Daks first dance.
Even though he has the best players in the NFL around him he still cannot score the points esp in games vs good teams.
My brothers, we have been bamboozled by this Great PR man who is at best an average QB!
Dak just can’t win a big game! He can’t beat a good team! He doesn’t throw down field very well! We could have drafted Mac Jones or picked up Tom Brady two years ago but we paid this average quarterback 41 million per year Brady makes 30 million per year! Which quarterback would you rather have!

joesgot4

Reaction score
Hence the facts....

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts

Dak just can’t win a big game! He can’t beat a good team! He doesn’t throw down field very well! We could have drafted Mac Jones or picked up Tom Brady two years ago but we paid this average quarterback 41 million per year Brady makes 30 million per year! Which quarterback would you rather have!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Hence the facts....

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts

For comparative purposes can you please also post players like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning all the times they scored below 20 in their careers? Just curious how bad this is on a relative basis.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hell nah he didn't. But of course no one is a Romo fan anymore. Anytime you question these guys they say "I was never a big Romo fan....". That's some BS lol. Guys are Romo fans to this day and there's some still upset that Dak won that job.
I was hanging out with a Cowboys fan this weekend at my wifes aunts house. He hates Dak. Not because he isnt a good QB. In his words his reasoning is because Romo should have never lost his job due to injury. That was his only reason.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Hence the facts....

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts

So have you. Disappear again soon to continue your cycle.

khiladi

Reaction score
it would be interesting to see the "stats" on how he does against man coverage verse zone. he's more timid throwing into man coverage because he doesn't trust his arm. looked like it killed him the last game. mvp rudy.

It’s actually the opposite, because in man, he sees Amari and Lamb and he knows they can beat their man in press coverage. Guys like Romo, Aikman and Collinsworth have mentioned this multiple times, how teams are forced to play us in man coverage and our WRs win their one on one matchups regularly. It makes it easy for the QB to read pre-snap.

When you watch guys like Herbert or Mahomes, teams are basically playing cover 2 shells, while when you watch defenses play us, it’s consistently 8 in the box and man coverage, 1 deep safety. Even when we played them, we ran cover 2 almost exclusively and even Diggs was playing like 10 yards off the KC WRs on his side. But when we played bum offenses and average QBs, we were up on the WRs, daring the QBs to beat us.

From the moment Dak sees the defense playing man, you can pretty much know where is going. And that happens a lot, because of our OL and RG. Saquon Barkley was drafted, to force defenses to zone out out of the cover 2 shell defenses kept shoring against the Giants, but he’s not like Zeke and couldn’t do it. He’s a home run hitter, not a guy that will consistently put you in third and manageable situations, like a Zeke and now Pollard. Barkley is a magnet for negative yardage.

With zone, you got to anticipate the WRs being in certain spots. Teams would love to play zone against us, but the OL and RG don’t allow it.

statistically, Dak’s numbers would look better against zone than they actually are, when we are getting blown out and it’s garbage time. Teams are basically in prevent, which is pretty much a zone coverage, designed to keep everything underneath.

His poor performance against zone goes back to 2018.

https://sportdfw.com/2018/10/24/dallas-cowboys-zone-coverage-is-daks-kryptonite/

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com...-amari-cooper-face-challenge-with-colts-zone/

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
@USArmyVet burner account :thumbup:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
It’s actually the opposite, because in man, he sees Amari and Lamb and he knows they can beat their man in press coverage. Guys like Romo, Aikman and Collinsworth have mentioned this multiple times, how teams are forced to play us in man coverage and our WRs win their one on one matchups regularly. It makes it easy for the QB to read pre-snap.

When you watch guys like Herbert or Mahomes, teams are basically playing cover 2 shells, while when you watch defenses play us, it’s consistently 8 in the box and man coverage, 1 deep safety. Even when we played them, we ran cover 2 almost exclusively and even Diggs was playing like 10 yards off the KC WRs on his side. But when we played bum offenses and average QBs, we were up on the WRs, daring the QBs to beat us.

From the moment Dak sees the defense playing man, you can pretty much know where is going. And that happens a lot, because of our OL and RG. Saquon Barkley was drafted, to force defenses to zone out out of the cover 2 shell defenses kept shoring against the Giants, but he’s not like Zeke and couldn’t do it. He’s a home run hitter, not a guy that will consistently put you in third and manageable situations, like a Zeke and now Pollard. Barkley is a magnet for negative yardage.

With zone, you got to anticipate the WRs being in certain spots. Teams would love to play zone against us, but the OL and RG don’t allow it.

statistically, Dak’s numbers would look better against zone than they actually are, when we are getting blown out and it’s garbage time. Teams are basically in prevent, which is pretty much a zone coverage, designed to keep everything underneath.

His poor performance against zone goes back to 2018.

https://sportdfw.com/2018/10/24/dallas-cowboys-zone-coverage-is-daks-kryptonite/

https://sportsinfosolutionsblog.com...-amari-cooper-face-challenge-with-colts-zone/
good post, glad you corrected me. I was just wondering if that had anything to do with. time to sleep worked 12 hrs last night.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like dak hes great BUT

chiefs game ,the defense adjusted the offense looked once again for the 2nd game in 3 weeks off way off i mean a Garett like team performance..

blame Garett all you want but this is the same offense that literally after in 2019 bye just fell apart..i hate to say it but Dak better get it pulled together because the RS isnt the goal, the playoffs you will see those types of teams in their home.

have to go through

Rams
Cards
Bucs
Packers

to get to a sb

there no NYG or ATL team to help pad stats,

sorry but its a fact players missing or not weve seen this act before with a great start to season and then just finish like a limp noodle..

so that why i picked denver because i saw a let down coming ie trap game and KC called them pregame all week and hate it i was correct..i see us beating LV but they arent who we need to beat..better clean this up for the real season in January or isnt another one and done and no Garett to blame..

Daks leader and allegedly better then romo and allegedly was worth that contract , time for his to stop having game like this and create his legend..i mean after Denver he vowed for it not happening again and beat up the lowly Falcons..well then lays an egg again 2 weeks later and now vows again hes upset..did he forget the Bronco game so soon? lol He said this 2 weeks ago and well lied..

Im just saying Dak Prescott is on the precipice for his career, it make or break time for him is he just anther really good qb that lacks the fortitude to get us past good teams when we are shorthanded and make run at sb like even a Eli manning did for his teams..or is he just going to be another great qb that wears the start but falls short and leaves us at the alter once again

i dont want to hear the excuses for missing few players or the OL not playing well or wr dropping passes. I saw those 2 games and his technique was horrible looked like the College dak unpolished passing leaving his feet to throw , throwing off his back foot, forcing throws he should throw away and yes it tough to play in that situation but that's the difference between elite and great..

yes elite qbs also fail but they have their moments that they overcome all odds and make a name for themselves...

Im tired as fan hearing how great our qbs are and they just never get it done and excuses just flow in..daks great but is he special , thats TBD..i for sure dont have him élite never have but hes on the line rights now and has to choose which side he stays on.

I realize the offensive issues arent all dak but he is this reborn leader best leader we have ever had at qb, he needs to eb able to overcome this and himself well the TOs are on him, hes has control can not throw it throw it away take sack without fumbling and punt..live for another day etc etc

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Im not a huge Dak fan but the trolling amd characters online are a bit much.........and it's old and disingenuous
I am a Dak fan but the lovers deserve it right now. They have been much worse this year antagonizing the Dak haters. I’ve predicted this reaction when Dak eventually faltered in games. It just proves they can dish it but can’t take it. They have no moral ground to stand on. Both sides are equally annoying.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Dak is a good QB and it was his turn on the wheel to get paid. period. I didn't say (Elite), I said good. You can most certainly win a SB with him. It's a team sport, right? So, give him help.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak-mafia loves to blame the RG and Zeke, but when you look at the way defenses play, it’s predicated on them focusing exactly on that, not the “MVP”. The job of the RG is to force advantageous looks, which it’s been doing ever since Dak stepped foot on the field in his NFL career. Defenses are constantly playing 8 in the box, and giving Dak man coverage to work with.

No QB that is elite gets these looks period. Teams sat back in cover 2 when Romo was here, the Eagles even shifted into the coverage the moment Romo stepped on the field for his 1 game of the season. 2016 was the biggest waste of a season, because with Zeke and the way the OL was blocking, defenses would have no idea what to do with Romo, who finally had power over the offense, which was then stripped away from him, leading the disaster play we then witnessed at QB the next season onwards.

Teams drop back, including us, when they see QBs like Herbert, Brady and Mahomes. They don’t for guys like Hurts and Dak.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

Watching Brady do his thing tonight THAT is an elite QB,
because hes a top 10 starting qb and top 10 requires market money..dont blame the player or the team its the system the nfl has market and say what you want about dak he is top 10 qb and top 10 players alt all positions get the big money..

buddieluver

Reaction score
Pappy should put this type of energy into posts after a cowboys win oh yeah he Mia aka a fake fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.