***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabazz

Reaction score
Im not a huge Dak fan but the trolling amd characters online are a bit much.........and it's old and disingenuous

Those that did exactly the same thing toward Romo are now reaping what they sowed.

At the end of the Day, Rayne has a play record of 1-2 and Romos was 2-4......so yes it’s old but NOT disingenuous

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I bet you never complained when Romo got paid.

They say that Dak should be able to elevate his team around him and overcome any bad game situations and circumstances do to how much he is being paid, but don't use the same standards and reasonings for Romo, who they imply still needed a "all pro bowlers", a "perfect team" or better coach around him, in order for Romo to be successful at winning the Super Bowl. And imply that without these things, Romo would be incapable and unable to lead the Cowboys to the Super Bowl at any point during his ten game career.

And still gives Romo the benefit of the doubt that blaming any playoff failures on not having a talented or elite enough roster around him. Romo doesn't have to elevate players around him, in the same way that they expect Dak to. Despite Romo getting paid a big contract.

It's the double standards where they claim that Dak can't win without the perfect team or all pro bowlers ar every position and yet imply that Romo needed "pro bowlers at every position" in order to have been successful at winning a Super Bowl.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So it's...Dak is elite just getting what elite QB's get.

Stafford makes how much, Matt Ryan?

I got my answer, nobody too concerned with we need an offensive like, it's just pay Dak ridiculous $$$$$....cat is single, 40 mill a year, hahahaha!!!!

Got it!

Adios~~~~
well, stafford got top pay at the time of his contract redo.

Ryan got top pay at the time of his contract redo.

so 5 years from now his contract won't be top 2...oh wait, Allen is already making more than he is, so in less than a year he is fallen to 3...

that's how NFL works...

dude...you are all over the place.....making zero sense right now

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If true, 10 more years of no SB. Enjoy!

25 different QBs have started for the Cowboys since their last SB. The same old man signed all of them.

Do you really think the only thing between the Cowboys and a SB is the old man signing a 26th one?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You can toss up Russ all you want. If you stick Dak on that team with the Legion of Boom defense, Dak would have had the same success. Im not saying Dak is better that Russ, but Dak is a damn good qb.

If Dak had better coaching and a better defense, years ago, he would have had better success.

Now let's ask THIS question.... what has Russell Wilson done since he choked in the Superbowl and that defense left????

I'll wait.....
exactly. since Wilson lost Lynch who was key to their offense and he lost that top defense he has done squat....make it to playoffs and then lose....and until now that division was pathetic...

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak has the edge with dual threat, game management, and leadership. Most other areas are close or a wash.

Dak is becoming just as good with age as far as reading defenses. Romo loved to audible to a pass too many times.

Would have loved to see romo in Moore’s offense. That would be interesting.

And Romos scrambling and running wasn’t a duel thread?.....c’mon, it was legendary escapes

And leadership means more than the players liking you....it means leading victories in the playoffs

Like i said, Dak has had an Pro Bowl year.......but the last guy had several of those too but faltered in the playoffs.......

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dak makes elite money because he was lucky enough to be drafted by Jerry Jones, and lucky enough to have the absolute best case scenario unfold before him his rookie year.

That best case scenario lead to very unexpected team success with the fourth round rook taking the snaps. That success validates Jerry the GM. Jerry Jones, the QB whisperer. Finding "franchise" QB's the rest of the league whiffed on. One after another. You don't maintain that aura by not paying that "gem" you found late in the draft.

Personally, I would have kept looking while focusing on the rest of the lineup. I think the best way to go in today's NFL is to build the best roster you can to be run by a solid QB with a good head on his shoulders, or to try and draft the next "elite" QB and take your shot while on his rookie contract. Paying top dollar for a QB and filling in the roster around him doesn't seem like a good plan.

In retrospect, I believe that ultimately, that unexpected 2016 season hurt Dak, Zeke and the Cowboys. It came too easy and set unrealistic standards and expectations too soon.

But hey, at least everyone got paid...

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Patrick Mahomes
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Big Ben

Disagree with Matt Ryan and Big Ben,. as they are not currently playing better than Dak is this season. Even Russel Wilson got shut out against the Packers. Had zero TDs, and lost to a Colt McCoy lead Cardinals team. Where the Seahawks only got 13 points and are currently 3-7.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Dak has the edge with dual threat, game management, and leadership. Most other areas are close or a wash.

Dak is becoming just as good with age as far as reading defenses. Romo loved to audible to a pass too many times.

Would have loved to see romo in Moore’s offense. That would be interesting.
How you can post this after watching Dak fail miserably in all of these areas is fascinating to me.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

Watching Brady do his thing tonight THAT is an elite QB,
Who was the other option?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He's back.......(DieloveDakblues) with a vengeance.......:muttley:

52944472.jpg
I have to give it our ultimate troll. He doesn’t even deny it anymore. And thank your for your financial contribution .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to give it our ultimate troll. He doesn’t even deny it anymore. And thank your for your financial contribution .

Secret Dak lover oh how you play the neutral card daily.
Now go arrest some trolls....sick em tiger!!!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I am a Cowboy fan not a Dak fan. In my era of fan, Dallas Cowboy players had to earn the respect of fans by representing the team in a super bowl. That was the bar. The past 25 years of mediocrity have spawned a new generation of fan enamored and satisfied by player stats rather than winning. This is why we have a dak mafia.
I blame fantasy football.

400 yards and 3 td's wins for one's fantasy team. It doesn't matter if 250 yds and the 3 td's came in the second half in a furious "almost" comeback after getting manhandled in the first half.

BigD5

Reaction score
Well?

What has he ever done that had anyone thinking he was on a level with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.

All of those guys have played in how many Superbowls, Dak has won how many playoff games?

This, well ya see it's the market is weak and lame, how about does he deserve elite $$$$$ when nothing about him is really elite.

Not a hater, love my Cowboys and that is why this bugs me, two guys getting too much of our $$$$ in Dak and Zeke and we all know it. We need an offensive line not a running back which are a dime a dozen.

Watching Brady do his thing tonight THAT is an elite QB,
So what would you have done? Let Dak walk in free agency?

ok now you have this loaded young team and no QB. So you would’ve drafted a QB or signed a journeyman QB.

What exactly would you have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.