***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo audibled out of a run play on the infamous "catch" in Green Bay. Remind me again who led the league in rushing that season? Romo loved to play hero ball. And it cost us dearly numerous times. However. I still think in 2016 we should have gone back to Romo when he was healthy. Watching him in his final drive against Philly was ridiculous.
Don’t even know what your talking about. Dak won 11 games in a row. Case closed.

Flamma

Reaction score
Come on man, do you really think I don't get all that, I know how it works. BUT.....Dak is not worth that kind of $$$$$$ and all of us know this, so fix how it'd done, yep...it's broke.

This is stupid the way it's going right now, so someday 100 mill a year....ah...market value.

You pay people what they are worth.....to you.

I couldn't do it, knowing I play on a losing team, a single guy needs 40 mill a year, ah....WHY????????? No shoes to buy, no mouths to feed, so just what do ya do with that kind of $$$$$?

Hell, gotta have one of these....

I hope you're not coming to this conclusion over the Chiefs game. QB was under pressure all game. I've seen hall of fame QBs get embarrassed under pressure.

Jerry had an option to not pay him market value. But Dak also had the option to go elsewhere. I don't see what's broken.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They had to give Romo his own forum.
With Trolls contributing financially to the site we want to provide them a Carta Blanche . Like a free get out of jail card.

But they are like pets who keep crapping on the carpet . We clean it up best we can but they often leave a stench or stain:)

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You know I want to mention that I like Dak, even love him. I find myself giving excuses like injuries, no OL, Zeke hurt. To many on here who hate on him, I disagree 100% with their comments.

That being said: I hate Aaron Rodgers, I hate Brady. They are arrogant, pompus, self absorbed....yet, they are hall of fame qb's. How many years have those two dudes made everybody else around them better, with not the support Dak has? This is where Dak is getting to me....he is clearly not at the same level, so should we expect him to be able to elevate the game of others? With his contract, yeah.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know I want to mention that I like Dak, even love him. I find myself giving excuses like injuries, no OL, Zeke hurt. To many on here who hate on him, I disagree 100% with their comments.

That being said: I hate Aaron Rodgers, I hate Brady. They are arrogant, pompus, self absorbed....yet, they are hall of fame qb's. How many years have those two dudes made everybody else around them better, with not the support Dak has? This is where Dak is getting to me....he is clearly not at the same level, so should we expect him to be able to elevate the game of others? With his contract, yeah.
I totally agree. Dak is not at that caliber of QB. And most fans have never believed he was or is. But they do believe he’s upper half to top 10 in the league and enough to build around.

But his market contract has placed him in that higher paid category at least temporarily and some critics use that fact as a talking point to bash him. And it attracts others to troll Cowboy fans .

In a couple years his salary won’t be Top 10. Then what will be the talking point ? If I recall correctly they were bashing him on his rookie contract. It’s just another talking point for now.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
because he was proven and young and he came up for a contract. These contracts are a game of leap frog - youre the highest, ok now youre the highest, then you are the highest. Dak will be 5th or 6th in the blink of an eye. Recall Kirk Cousins was once the highest paid player. That was just a few years ago

Swagger

Reaction score
I will give him credit as he has exceeded his limited ability through working hard at his craft. Despite his obvious limitations, he has elevated himself to being a starting QB in the NFL. Fair play to him

Xeven

Reaction score
Honestly, there is not much else out there we could have.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
If we can't run the ball against good teams Dak can't get it done. Never has and most likely never will.

2019 all of these games Dak didnt do a dam thing till the 4th quarter. All of his stats where in the 4th when the game was usually already over.

Saints
Jets
Patriots
Bills
Bears
Eagles

So far this season it's happened to the Broncos and Chiefs.

Teams know there is a recipe against Dak. it's stuff the run and play press man outside and have Dak beat you over the top. Now I understand the line isn't playing great recently but Dak still has to do better. Romo had garbage lines and defenses most of his career but the game was never over in the 3rd quarter like weve been seeing. We gotta be able to run the ball and Daks gotta do a lot better at improvising on 3rd downs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we can't run the ball against good teams Dak can't get it done. Never has and most likely never will.

2019 all of these games Dak didnt do a dam thing till the 4th quarter. All of his stats where in the 4th when the game was usually already over.

Saints
Jets
Patriots
Bills
Bears
Eagles

Teams know there is a recipe against Dak. it's stuff the run and play press man outside and have Dak beat you over the top. Now I understand the line isn't playing great recently but Dak still has to do better. Romo had garbage lines and defenses most of his career but the game was never over in the 3rd quarter like weve been seeing. We gotta be able to run the ball and Daks gotta do a lot better at improvising on 3rd downs.

Yup they waited till year six to start the "BluePrint" man can you go to work on how to solve inflation next...your on a roll.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Saints
Jets
Patriots
Bills
Bears
Eagles

Romo was twice as talented as Prescott.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It should've been aborted from the beginning.

I suppose I could bite and point out that, a lot of teams try doing what the Broncos and Chiefs did. And they try playing press on the outside and forcing the receivers to beat coverage and Dak to throw the ball deep on them. And then Dak starts to shred their defense and throws for 400+ yards. So a lot of the times defenses try what the Broncos and Chiefs did….. it doesn’t work.

But I guess we will ignore all the times this same strategy doesn’t work against Dak and just focus on the recent times that it did.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Saints
Jets
Patriots
Bills
Bears
Eagles

You Romosexuals are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.