***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBS

Reaction score
Dallas is literally the worst rushing team in the nfl over the last 6 weeks. THE WORST. Imagine leaning on the worst rushing attack in the nfl to win games.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If we can't run the ball against good teams Dak can't get it done. Never has and most likely never will.

2019 all of these games Dak didnt do a dam thing till the 4th quarter. All of his stats where in the 4th when the game was usually already over.

Saints
Jets
Patriots
Bills
Bears
Eagles

So far this season it's happened to the Broncos and Chiefs.

Teams know there is a recipe against Dak. it's stuff the run and play press man outside and have Dak beat you over the top. Now I understand the line isn't playing great recently but Dak still has to do better. Romo had garbage lines and defenses most of his career but the game was never over in the 3rd quarter like weve been seeing. We gotta be able to run the ball and Daks gotta do a lot better at improvising on 3rd downs.
The last QB to win two playoff games in one year was Troy Aikman. Those Troy Aikman lead Cowboys were a run heavy team. That's why Emmitt is the all time leader in rushing yards. But that beloved 90's team went 0-2 to start the season when Emmitt was holding out.

So you say Dak can't get it done without a good run game. And he's not elite. Well sounds like we need to quit abandoning the run. Abandoning the run could be the real problem, not Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We didn't run on Tampa and Dak lit it up. I guess you'll ignore the games that don't fit your agenda.
Yep and he lead the best offense in nfl history last year with zeke running like a turd early in the year. Another clown thread by a clown.

Reactions: CWR

JBS

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Patriots 2021. Vs probably the best defense in the nfl. On the road. Lololol.

Reactions: CWR

Creeper

Reaction score
I consider myself a Dak realist. I like Dak. I think he is more than good enough to take the Cowboys to the SB. He is a franchise QB. I don't want to hear any garbage about how injuries don't matter. Next man up and all that nonsense. Of course injuries matter. When an all-pro player is out of the game and he is replaced by a guy with limited or no experience, there is always a drop off. When 5 guys are out of the game, you should expect a big drop off. I am not saying if Dallas had Cooper and CeeDee the entire game they would have won, but I would say Cooper and CeeDee is better than Wilson and Brown - by a lot. Injuries matter to every QB no matter how elite. Even Brady without Gronk is not the same.

Having said that, I have been adamant that Dak is not a $40 million QB and never has been. If not for the CAP, I wouldn't care if Jerry paid Dak $50 million but for every player Jerry overpays, that is money that could have gotten us a DT who can dominate on occasion. Or maybe a LG who doesn't hold more than once per game.

The reason Dak is not worth $40 million is because he has had a history of playing really well for a string of games then falling off a cliff for a few games. Go back to 2019. Dak started off looking like an MVP for about 9 games. Then suddenly he looked awful against the Patriots, Bills and Eagles. The Eagles game was for all the marbles and it was Dak's worst game of the year. People said Dak was injured and shouldn't have played against the Eagles. Maybe but he followed that game with a stellar performance against Washington the next week. The point is, Dak has never done it for a full season and it looks like he falters in big games. To me he showed he can be the franchise QB. But he never showed he is worth $160 million for 4 years.

None of this means Dak sucks. Or Dak is holding the team back. The Cowboys have bigger problems, like the LG/C combination, all their DTs are just guys, their WRs and TEs can't block, and except for Parsons the defense can't tackle or shed blocks. Denver and KC exploited all these weaknesses and so will other teams until the Cowboys show they can't beat that game plan.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I consider myself a Dak realist. I like Dak. I think he is more than good enough to take the Cowboys to the SB. He is a franchise QB. I don't want to hear any garbage about how injuries don't matter. Next man up and all that nonsense. Of course injuries matter. When an all-pro player is out of the game and he is replaced by a guy with limited or no experience, there is always a drop off. When 5 guys are out of the game, you should expect a big drop off. I am not saying if Dallas had Cooper and CeeDee the entire game they would have won, but I would say Cooper and CeeDee is better than Wilson and Brown - by a lot. Injuries matter to every QB no matter how elite. Even Brady without Gronk is not the same.

Having said that, I have been adamant that Dak is not a $40 million QB and never has been. If not for the CAP, I wouldn't care if Jerry paid Dak $50 million but for every player Jerry overpays, that is money that could have gotten us a DT who can dominate on occasion. Or maybe a LG who doesn't hold more than once per game.

The reason Dak is not worth $40 million is because he has had a history of playing really well for a string of games then falling off a cliff for a few games. Go back to 2019. Dak started off looking like an MVP for about 9 games. Then suddenly he looked awful against the Patriots, Bills and Eagles. The Eagles game was for all the marbles and it was Dak's worst game of the year. People said Dak was injured and shouldn't have played against the Eagles. Maybe but he followed that game with a stellar performance against Washington the next week. The point is, Dak has never done it for a full season and it looks like he falters in big games. To me he showed he can be the franchise QB. But he never showed he is worth $160 million for 4 years.

None of this means Dak sucks. Or Dak is holding the team back. The Cowboys have bigger problems, like the LG/C combination, all their DTs are just guys, their WRs and TEs can't block, and except for Parsons the defense can't tackle or shed blocks. Denver and KC exploited all these weaknesses and so will other teams until the Cowboys show they can't beat that game plan.
:hammer:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we can't run the ball against good teams Dak can't get it done. Never has and most likely never will.

2019 all of these games Dak didnt do a dam thing till the 4th quarter. All of his stats where in the 4th when the game was usually already over.

Saints
Jets
Patriots
Bills
Bears
Eagles

So far this season it's happened to the Broncos and Chiefs.

Teams know there is a recipe against Dak. it's stuff the run and play press man outside and have Dak beat you over the top. Now I understand the line isn't playing great recently but Dak still has to do better. Romo had garbage lines and defenses most of his career but the game was never over in the 3rd quarter like weve been seeing. We gotta be able to run the ball and Daks gotta do a lot better at improvising on 3rd downs.

Hey, Dak Zombies this one can see......:eek:

truth-obey.gif

9darter

Reaction score
He's the weak link on offense.

It's on the O-line, the running game and the receivers to carry him. Pretty much all of that has to click for him to get it done.

In addition to that he's not a true leader.

Polkton31

Reaction score
His scoring woes started in 2017 and there not improving.....
Hence the facts....

Points scored by the Dak-Mafia

Broncos 17 pts
Falcons 7 pts
Eagles 7 pts
Bolts 6 pts
Eagles 6 pts (Eagles playing with 3rd string def)

Panthers 8 pts
Hawks 13 pts
Texans 16 pts
D.C. 17 pts
Titans 14 pts
N.O. 10 pts
Colts 0 pts

N.O. 10 pts
Jets 22 pts( lousy Jets)
N.E. 9 pts
Bills 15 pts
Bears 24 pts(Garbage points)
Eagles 9 pts (for div title)

Simply said what we experienced in the Bronco and Chiefs game was not Daks first dance.
Even though he has the best players in the NFL around him he still cannot score the points esp in games vs good teams.
My brothers, we have been bamboozled by this Great PR man who is at best an average QB!

So... You listed 18 games out of 48 played in those 3 years (even going so far as to say "Lousy jets" and "Garbage points"... Then you didn't list any of his games from 2020 or from 2021...
Nice job cherry picking stats to support your agenda.:thumbup: And here I thought you didn't like stats because they're meaningless. :facepalm::muttley:
Talk about bamboozling people. :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Status
Not open for further replies.