***Mega Merge Dak is not a elite QB thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I have said on many threads Dak was off..the timing on the whole unit was off, and we literally wasted a great Defensive game...Saying that, the O-line literally gave up NFL historic pressure numbers. So was Dak off yes, but there are some dismissing that like other QB's would've been fine when in fact ..they are not...that kind of pressure on a QB kills any QB....
This still doesn't really explain the Denver game. But we will see going forward. His QBR has fallen to 51 and his numbers in the fourth quarter vs. Denver and KC were simply unacceptable. Jalen Hurts unacceptable. Like I said before, fair or not, until he shows that he can do more with less under duress, the doubts about him will persist. I really want him to succeed and be the man but I'm still not sure that he has it. His current o-line is not going to be all-world this year...and that's assuming that they can avoid more injuries on that line and keep TSmith in play.

shabazz

Reaction score
After watching us lose the last 2 of 3 games, I no longer trust Dak to lead this team to the Super Bowl. He plays great... sometimes. He plays bad... sometimes. Inconsistency is not a winning trait in a QB but that's been Dak lately. For the first time, I question if he is worth his contract.

.....sounds exactly like the Romo years.

One would give the game away on interceptions and the other goes AWOL and can't muster a touchdown when needed.

basel90

Reaction score
He's definitely not Rodgers but he doesn't need to be. He just needs a certain level of talent on the offense to be his best. Cooper rescued him in 2018 because he was simply nowhere. His QBR was 55 that year. Incredibly, it's just 51 right now, which indicates that something still isn't quite right with him this year...although FootballOutsiders had him behind only Brady going into the KC game. Strange. That said. There is more than one way to skin the cat. Rodgers hasn't been to a Superbowl since 2010 (10 - 6 that year). He is arguably still the greatest pure talent in the game. The organization has probably not always given him the best on the offensive side because of his heightened efficacy. Something similar happened with Romo after 2008. Once Owens left the stage, the quality of the WRs really went down (until Bryant and Williams arrived)...if you remember the Roy Williams/Miles Austin days. Romo's improvisational skill covered up a few bad things. On third down Roethlisberger and Romo were kings for a few years.
Very accurately put . Dak has escaped so much scrutiny over the seasons due to many lucky factors . Heck he benefited even from being hurt and the team looking bad last year , despite him being 1-4 when he got hurt , with massive losses at home to Cleveland and Arizona and a lucky win against the falcons . He only excels when everything is hunky dori . Running game , OL , receivers etc . But he is wildly inconsistent. It is too late now as he got paid big !!! So did our bum of a running back !!

bewp7

Reaction score
like i said if every thing is not stack in daks favor he can do nothing literaly the exact opposite of a franchise qb.

franchise qb = elevate the play of every one around him

dak = rely on every one around him to play very well to do his job

which can NOT happen if your qb is making $40,000,000 a year

tell me why i am wrong. please!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak needs another reminder he is a big ***** because it seems like he is scared to run.

Ren

Reaction score
He’s off again this week, he hasn’t really looked good since NE

KB1122

Reaction score
I'm Dak-skeptical. But I'm any-qb-skeptical, until they really, really succeed. If Troy and Roger had to compete for the spot, I don't understand why he never has really had to. The Cowboys brass has a bad habit of convincing themselves that their players are better than they are.

bewp7

Reaction score
Well he sure can't make chicken soup out of chicken poo. The elite QBs can do that. If he gets any pressure at all his mechanics turn to crap.

like i say dak has to have great o line play, good running game, and at least 2 very good wr or he can do nothing

it has been like this since the start but if i point that out i am a dak hater lol

can not wait to see what he will do when every thing can not be stack for him because he is eating 1/4 of the cap by himself

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s Dak’s fault, I think it’s that everyone throws around the E word way too loosely. He’s been more or less the same QB he’s been the last few years. This is not unlike 2018 before you traded for Amari Cooper, or 2019 when he lost 5 of 7 to lose the division.

Dak is very good, but he’s never been perfect. If you overestimate a player’s worth, he can do nothing but disappoint you.

Status
Not open for further replies.