Mega Mike McCarthy is a terrible Head Coach who stinks and should be fired Thread **merged**

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
My thought process is. McCarthy has done better with what the FO gives him than any coach we have had since Jimmy.

So it really doesn’t matter. I don’t see the FO hiring any coach who has any more success.
If Sirianni was here, he’d be a bum too according to this fanbase

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
The Eagles were trying to give the Cowboys the game, and y'all still want to cry about officiating. Do y'all not realize that every team's fanbase complains about bad calls?
Sirianni is garbage , he blew a huge lead .

75boyz

Reaction score
So all of them suck at their job but we went 12-5 two years straight….

How sway?
Garrett did the same from 2014-2016. His off year was '15. And no Garrett is garbage. Don't get it twisted.

McCheese just ain't *** either.

Like Garrett, McFatty's first year '20 was his off year of his 3 year window. This year still TBD.

Oh, wait...
Are you and that Rambo guy related?

The one who sings the praises of regular season wins as though they mean anything?

Got it.

And let me guess.
Let's just see if we can get to the playoffs and see what happens?

Yeah,
Never mind.

I know what happens.

Sydla

Reaction score
My thought process is. McCarthy has done better with what the FO gives him than any coach we have had since Jimmy.

So it really doesn’t matter. I don’t see the FO hiring any coach who has any more success.
Has he?

He has gotten no further than Garrett got in the playoffs with similar (or more talented) teams. Back to back 12 win teams isn't all that impressive if the team just promptly spits the bit in the playoffs like all the previous 25+ years worth of teams did.

McCarthy is like Garrett. He doesn't totally suck. He's competent enough to spit out some good seasons but not nearly good enough to make coaching a real asset with the pressure ratchets up, teh competition ratchets up and you need to be at your best (like in the playoffs).

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And then like the 8-9-10 win teams over the last decade or so, spit the bit in big games and the playoffs. They are 5-3 now where they got depantsed by a bad Arizona team and got steamrolled by a 49ers team who has promptly kind of **** the bed since we played them showing us they aren't as dominant as people thought.

But yeah, coaching has been awesome.

LOL at the last line. Jerry loathes to admit he hired poor coaches. He couldn't even fire Garrett, he had to let his contract expire. So he absolutely counts on fans like you to think he's done a great job in hiring coaches, only to be let down by bad luck, etc.
Are you blaming McCarthy for the loss in San Fran in the playoffs?

You dont even try to be objective

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Big Mike was about to win, coming back in the forth UNTIL THE REFS STEPPED IN .

if anyone is PATHETIC , its SIRIANNI THROWING AWAY THE LEAD IN THE 4TH .

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
McCarthy play calling in the last 2 minutes of the game was laughable. No screens -no slants-no nothing but leaving Dak in the back field by himself as Steele gave everyone a get out of jail pass directly to Dak.....

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
McCarthy play calling in the last 2 minutes of the game was laughable. No screens -no slants-no nothing but leaving Dak in the back field by himself as Steele gave everyone a get out of jail pass directly to Dak.....
So you blame Big Mike for Steele's pathetic playing ?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Has he?

He has gotten no further than Garrett got in the playoffs with similar (or more talented) teams. Back to back 12 win teams isn't all that impressive if the team just promptly spits the bit in the playoffs like all the previous 25+ years worth of teams did.

McCarthy is like Garrett. He doesn't totally suck. He's competent enough to spit out some good seasons but not nearly good enough to make coaching a real asset with the pressure ratchets up, teh competition ratchets up and you need to be at your best (like in the playoffs).
Lol he is way better than garret. So yes, he has.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol he is way better than garret. So yes, he has.
Hasn't shown up in the results that matter. He might be better than Garrett (likely is) but he's done nothing here that Garrett didn't accomplish and that's the real point.

He doesn't suck. He's just not good enough. But I am sure we will waste another 4-5 years learning that lesson too, just like the nearly decade we spent learning that lesson with Garrett.

Sydla

Reaction score
So you blame Big Mike for Steele's pathetic playing ?
No but at what point, do you realize he's an issue and try to help him on the right side? He was struggling for most of the game and was really bad coming down the stretch. At some point, don't you start to give him help? He was one on one with Sweat on that fateful Dak sack. Sure, you should count on your players to make plays but when they've been struggling all game, don't you deal with the reality of that situation and give a guy getting whipped some help?

The last three sacks of Dak in the last 7 minutes, all involved Steele being one and one and getting beat.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hasn't shown up in the results that matter. He might be better than Garrett (likely is) but he's done nothing here that Garrett didn't accomplish and that's the real point.

He doesn't suck. He's just not good enough. But I am sure we will waste another 4-5 years learning that lesson too, just like the nearly decade we spent learning that lesson with Garrett.
Nothing is going to change until the FO actually builds a championship caliber roster.

This ain’t it

75boyz

Reaction score
LOL, wait, you thought we were well coached in the San Fran game?
LOL.

He didn't get fired in Green Bay man.
It was just a misunderstanding with management.

When Rodgers said his offense got stale and he had a low coaching IQ it was because Rodgers was looking for click bait I'm sure.

I mean, we've never seen ANY evidence of low coaching IQ during his tenure here...

The McCarthy and Dak groupies are comedic gold.

CowboysZone never fails to entertain.

Sydla

Reaction score
Answer the question..Are you blaming McCarthy for the loss against San Fran??
Yeah, he had his hand in that mess. Dak was brutal, we made a ton of dumb mistakes (which kind of gets back to coaching), some stupid penalties, etc.

So yeah, McCarthy was a factor in that loss. Not the only factor, not the biggest factor, but a factor nonetheless.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yeah, he had his hand in that mess. Dak was brutal, we made a ton of dumb mistakes (which kind of gets back to coaching), some stupid penalties, etc.

So yeah, McCarthy was a factor in that loss. Not the only factor, not the biggest factor, but a factor nonetheless.
LOL