News: Mel Kiper, Adam Schefter discuss: Are Cowboys better off with Johnny Manziel, drafting a QB, or gett

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think it's a laughable and completely indefensible argument to say that because teams rarely draft so high, they should take a QB there when they do. Only have the starters in the league were drafted that high. It's clearly not the only way to get your franchise QB. If Andrew Luck is sitting there, then you absolutely pull the trigger. None of these guys are that polished, however. Every QB in this class has serious and significant questions marks.

This team isn't in desperation mode. Nor should it be. BPA should be the pick at 4.

dcjules

Reaction score
How many of those QB's has there been in the last 10 years?

its not a matter of whether they turn out or not..hit and misses with draft all the time....its whether the consensus of your draft board says that guy is the ONE like an Aikman, Elway, Luck, Winston, Marriotta etc......guys that are deemed franchise QB's....Don't take Goff because you just need a QB, take Goff if you view him as a franchise QB!! If you have doubts, just pass....its the one position that I don't want any risk (as far as I know) at picks that high.... always a roll of the dice....but don't settle, pick the best player!!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
if jones drank as much as fans said he does, he'd have been dead long ago.

but hey, never one to spoil a good slam.

Not necessarily. Every now and then, a person with a unique immunity system comes about and defies conventional norm. It's the same with some people who smoke.
For all we know, Jerry could have the genetic makeup that makes him even more resistant to alcoholism. I've known people who fit this situation. They drink and drink and drink and are still fit and kicking. Shrug.