News: Mel Kiper, Adam Schefter discuss: Are Cowboys better off with Johnny Manziel, drafting a QB, or gett

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
When i think of Manzeil, this song pops into my head. Thats who is going to be leading us? It really will be a clown show!!

Take out the papers and the trash
Or you don't get no spendin' cash
If you don't scrub that kitchen floor
You ain't gonna rock and roll no more
Yakety yak (don't talk back)
Just finish cleanin' up your room
Let's see that dust fly with that broom
Get all that garbage out of sight
Or you don't go out Friday night
Yakety yak (Don't talk back)
You just put on your coat and hat
And walk yourself to the laundromat
And when you finish doin' that
Bring in the dog and put out the cat
Don't you give me no dirty looks
Your father's hip, he knows what cooks
Just tell your hoodlum friend outside
You ain't got time to take a ride

Doomsday101

Reaction score
if jones drank as much as fans said he does, he'd have been dead long ago.

but hey, never one to spoil a good slam.

was not talking about Jerry drinking I was talking about the idiots signing the petition to bring Johnny Football to Dallas.

dcjules

Reaction score
They should get ready then because it ain't happening for a QB at #4. QB will be addressed in FA or trade before draft. if they go QB in the draft it will be in the later rounds.

I agree...I think we pass, unless over the next 3 months they fall in love with one of these guys our "Aikman".....I don't think that will happen and I think once the FA pool is open for business we may go there....convinced the though is that Romo has 3-4 years left, add vet QB, draft a prospect (round 3-6) and grab a stud at #4 overall...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The good news is that jerry will not make this decision by himself

He will take a poll of other equally incompetent people and then make an uninformed decision

This made me LOL!!

Well played.

Not that I agree completely, but it was funny.

100 likes............rack 'em up, mods.

DFWJC

Reaction score
"..Had Romo had stayed healthy, they run away and hide in the division. They're in the playoffs maybe right now trying to get to a Super Bowl...."

I think so too...so sad.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
One d
if jones drank as much as fans said he does, he'd have been dead long ago.

but hey, never one to spoil a good slam.

One doesn't have to drink a fifth a day to pickle the brain and influence the thought process and decision making degradation.

jerry's been drinking for YEARS.

Cumulative effect.

visionary

Reaction score
This made me LOL!!

Well played.

Not that I agree completely, but it was funny.

100 likes............rack 'em up, mods.

What would "the most interesting man in the world" say?

I usually don't make decisions but when I do I make sure I consult with other equally incompetent people before making them

dfense

Reaction score
The good news is that jerry will not make this decision by himself

He will take a poll of other equally incompetent people and then make an uninformed decision

The Cowboys last few drafts were better than most other teams and definitely better than anyone in their division.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Claiborne was rated #2 on our board, but he failed to live up to that status. In a re draft, we would never take him. So why do people keep assuming JF would still be that high on our board? In a redraft we'd still select Zach Martin over him every time

conner01

Reaction score
Goff, Lynch and Wentz are legit franchise QBs. Are they Aikman? Staubach? Probably not but they will play at a high level in the NFL in the very near future.

Kinda hard to say if he is not a hall of fame QB you pass mostly because any player you pick is not likely to be a HOF player
I don't know that any of these qb's are the 4th best player in the draft but that's the nature of the position and they are always taken higher than any pure ranking of players. But these 3 guys are the top prospects at a position you can't compete without. So take one and move on
I have no problem bring in a vet too, just don't know that little Johnny has learned what it takes to be an nfl QB yet. It's more than just talent. To be a great QB you have to live the job and continue to challenge yourself to get better and smarter as a player

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I honestly would be happy w a few guys. Tread well. Him and dez together. Watch out. But like they said we haven't chose this high since beginning of the nineties. If a qb we want is there we should take him. W this oline and a young defense we can be prepared for years like the packers w Rodgers/favre

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
No it's not. I feel bad for you, you have to watch one of the Top QB in the NFL for the next 2 to 3 years.

Hate to disagree. Between the bad back and broken bones he's one hit from retiring. And as good as our line is. He gonna get hit. We might not have a chance to draft high in a while. If a QB is worthy get him. If Romo does stay healthy. Guess what we not picking high for a while. And his replacement will be ready when he does retire.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
You may be right but I have a feeling that with coaches working closely with Wentz and getting to know him it could factor in to the Cowboys drafting him

Good point maybe he is our gem and the week with him will give our coaches valuable info.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Hate to disagree. Between the bad back and broken bones he's one hit from retiring. And as good as our line is. He gonna get hit. We might not have a chance to draft high in a while. If a QB is worthy get him. If Romo does stay healthy. Guess what we not picking high for a while. And his replacement will be ready when he does retire.

He is not one hit from retirement, or at least, no more so than any other player that takes the field. I do think we should draft a QB and have them ready. But we don't need to replace Tony, we need to start preparing for his retirement in 2-3 years.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Goff, Lynch and Wentz are legit franchise QBs. Are they Aikman? Staubach? Probably not but they will play at a high level in the NFL in the very near future.

The idea that all 3 of them are franchise quarterbacks is laughable. It would be like saying 5 years ago that first rounders Newton, Gabbert, Ponder and Locker were all franchise QBs. In 5 years if even one of the 3 from a group as underwhelming as Goff, Wentz and Lynch are still in the league at all -- never mind franchise QBs -- it would be a success story.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I'm not even sure what this "on-the-field " teams identity is , without Romo. It will be a brand new day...........

maybe its what the Cowboys need at this point?

imho, my WAG; I give it 2 years. unless something happens, and he just physically cant make a return.... maybe 3. But I think 3 is pushing it. But I dunno.....thats just pure speculation. Favre went and played at a high level well beyond what anybody thought he could do....... so, maybe Romo does that too?

Whatever happens, we need to start finding , developing, that QB right now.

I hear you bro, and agree