Mel Kiper on Anthony Spencer

hank2k

Reaction score
wayne motley;1484569 said:
Last year Kiper touted Cameron Wimbley as rookie of the year on defense. :)

I always enjoy kiper, but remember what most on here say: "Kiper's an idiot with funny hair"....hahaha.

And he had BMW as the #1 overall player in the draft a couple years ago...

BLT

Reaction score
wayne motley;1484569 said:
Last year Kiper touted Cameron Wimbley as rookie of the year on defense. :)

i love wimbley i think the guy is an absolute beast ..11 sacks his rookie year.. thats not too bad

Jay-D

Reaction score
Let's watch Spencer play at least one down before we put him in the Hall, mmmmKAY?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1484567 said:
I could see Spencer and Ware with like 14 or 15 sacks each...

OK, I have gone down this road before. This guy is a rookie people.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
BLT;1484592 said:
yea ive always liked kiper too.. the guy is amazing.. he has perfected his craft.. obvious he loves his job.. a lot of people dont like him because sometimes hes wrong and he doesnt admit it.. but i dont think espn wants him telling people what he thinks.. just state it as facts

I'm telling you, he is spot on year after year with his 3rd round + guys he mentions. Everyone is wrong on 1st rounders a lot. Not many pin-point guys late like him.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
smarta5150;1484572 said:
I always thought he was a machine.

Going to the draft 4 straight years I never saw the guy eat or drink...

During commercial breaks the guy would put his head down like he went into power save mode.

Actually, they are probably packing him back up into the closet as we speak.

Thanks for making me spit my drink on my shirt. :laugh2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I want to see how well he gets back and covers. If he does it well enough then it will be hard to keep him off the field. Which is a good thing. I'd love for Wade to have the problem of finding playing time for Ellis and Carp.

I suspect Spencer will get serious playing time. If he doesn't it will be because he's injured. JMO. Although I was pulling....excuse me...chanting for a DB I've realized after the fact I'm much more excited about Spencer being drafted.

How do you think they can get Ware, Ellis and Spencer on the field at the same time....in a basic first down 3-4?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;1484864 said:
How do you think they can get Ware, Ellis and Spencer on the field at the same time....in a basic first down 3-4?

put Ellis at 3-4 DE

the possibilities are endless

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1484867 said:
put Ellis at 3-4 DE

the possibilities are endless

He might could play DE for Wade but not too often for Parcells. I guess I was thinking of Ellis staying on the field more than half the time with Spencer and Ware as OLBs. I suppose Ellis could play more at DE than I was thinking.

smarta5150;1484871 said:
What he said.

And get Carp on the field by replacing Bradie James.

I don't know how well Carp is going to hold up at ILB full time. Is he big enough? I don't know how Carp is going to play in the new scheme. He'll do well I think but I'm not certain of his role.

Many see to want to replace James but I'm not certain that will happen nor am I certain he'll play poorly. It'd be hard for me to sit someone making that much money unless it was clearly hurting the team. And I don't know for certain James was the entire problem for all those FB plays. Some for sure. I'm just not ready to write James off.

Kilyin

Reaction score
If Ellis comes back, he'll have lost a step or two. I think if he comes back at all, it'll be in an extremely limited role.

At his age and position, a torn achilles is bad news.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
jobberone;1484889 said:
I don't know how well Carp is going to hold up at ILB full time. Is he big enough? I don't know how Carp is going to play in the new scheme. He'll do well I think but I'm not certain of his role.

Many see to want to replace James but I'm not certain that will happen nor am I certain he'll play poorly. It'd be hard for me to sit someone making that much money unless it was clearly hurting the team. And I don't know for certain James was the entire problem for all those FB plays. Some for sure. I'm just not ready to write James off.
Wade likes the smaller, faster ILBs. Carp is certainly big enough (and fast enough). He uses his OLBs to rush the passer much more often than Parcells. So...his ILBs have to be able to cover much more ground. I don't really see any scenario other than injuries where James is starting.

And James isn't making much money. He's making less this year than Al Singleton made last year. Your average starter should make about $3.5-4 million per season with today's cap. He's making well below that this season.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He should be big enough for the inside in Wade's scheme.

Bobby Carpenter 6-2 257

Donnie Edwards 6-2 227
Randall Godfrey 6-2 245

Really, I can't see why Kevin Burnett can't find some playing time inside.

Kevin Burnett 6-3 240 (some reports he got down to 230 - he probably has had trouble getting his weight back up with all the injuries)

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
jobberone;1484889 said:

theogt;1484896 said:
Wade likes the smaller, faster ILBs. Carp is certainly big enough (and fast enough). He uses his OLBs to rush the passer much more often than Parcells. So...his ILBs have to be able to cover much more ground. I don't really see any scenario other than injuries where James is starting.

And James isn't making much money. He's making less this year than Al Singleton made last year. Your average starter should make about $3.5-4 million per season with today's cap. He's making well below that this season.

speedkilz88;1484899 said:
He should be big enough for the inside in Wade's scheme.

Bobby Carpenter 6-2 257

Donnie Edwards 6-2 227
Randall Godfrey 6-2 245

You guys are good.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Parcells' ILBs played more to hold the point, almost like the linemen in front of them. In Wade's D, the front tries to be aggressive and cause havok, and the ILBs clean up the mess. Carp won't have to take on guards nearly as much now and he can use his quickness to go get guys. Which will be a lot more like he was used at Ohio State.

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
jimmy40;1484552 said:
So how long before Kiper can go back to being an idiot?
That's got to be the funniest post I have read in a long time. Nice job, James-four-o.