Mel on Philly sports radio this morning

Plankton

Reaction score
Why is Elliot so safe?

He's not a explosive RB. He could very well be Mark Ingram part 2.

Ramsey is as safe as it gets imo because he will be a top safety if he somehow doesn't develop into a top NFL corner.

OK, this is silly.

Elliott in two years of starting had 12 carries of over 50 yards, and 3 carries of over 80. How on earth can anyone conclude that he isn't an explosive running back?

Romotil45

Reaction score
Ridiculed for what? IS there no DEs left after the first round or am i missing something? I think personally he would get ridiculed more for making a draft choice based on his 2 DE's being suspended. Thats the definition of knee jerk.

Jerry would get ridiculed for reaching for Elliott at four and having to pay him all that guaranteed money for a guy that is highly likely to get hurt be on the bench and not taking a DE which is a higher need. The ridicule would be endless.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Jerry would get ridiculed for reaching for Elliott at four and having to pay him all that guaranteed money for a guy that is highly likely to get hurt be on the bench and not taking a DE which is a higher need. The ridicule would be endless.

I can hear the media now ridiculing Jerry saying not even AP was drafted in top five. Gurley went 10th what a reach look at all the guaranteed money they are paying a RB etc etc. It would be epic.

garyv

Reaction score
Ramsey Bosa zeke appear to be the 3 guys...how do you rank those 3?

Zeke #1
Bosa #2
Ramsey #3

Reasoning Zeke is special talent...running blocking and receiving 3 down back.
Bosa we need help badly at DE his suspension for possible marijuana scares me.
Ramsey I've read lots of scouting reviews and many say hes got ProBowl talents as a Safety but not CB has some
hip rotation issues and may become average CB. Picking a Safety at #4 is a little high when I can take Karl Joseph at #34.

Gaede

Reaction score

Oh yes, he'd be ridiculed--even though pretty much every mock out there has us taking him at 4.

garyv

Reaction score
OK, this is silly.

Elliott in two years of starting had 12 carries of over 50 yards, and 3 carries of over 80. How on earth can anyone conclude that he isn't an explosive running back?

In my opinion hes very close to same back Emmitt Smith was but a little more breakaway downfield speed.

Plankton

Reaction score
In my opinion hes very close to same back Emmitt Smith was but a little more breakaway downfield speed.

Elliott was a sprint champion in Missouri in high school. He ran sub 4.5 at the combine, and has been clocked sub 4.3 in the past. He is much faster than Emmitt Smith was. It remains to be seen if he's as good of a running back.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Oh yes, he'd be ridiculed--even though pretty much every mock out there has us taking him at 4.

like I said its just bait. No one actually believes Jerry would do it but they hope he does so they can ridicule him makes for good ratings. Also you need to do some more research most mocks do not have Ellott going at 4 or to Dallas.

Gaede

Reaction score
like I said its just bait. No one actually believes Jerry would do it but they hope he does so they can ridicule him makes for good ratings. Also you need to do some more research most mocks do not have Ellott going at 4 or to Dallas.

Of course, that makes so much sense:rolleyes:

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Hope you not too disappointed. Jerry's not going to pay a RB 26 mi guaranteed which would make him in the top ten highest paid RB's in the league before he takes one carry. Especially when he already has a guy in a contract yr that rushed for 1000 yrds last year and he is only getting paid .4 mil guaranteed and 1.5 mil a yr. It's not going to happen.

If we don't trade down he's the likeliest candidate. In addition to what I mentioned...

Bosa very well could also be the pick but this could be Ellis over Moss part deuce. We draft the best talent at our pick regardless of need because it is a top 5 pick.

I am a fan of Bosa don't get me wrong I read what is out there and we all know that the consensus is there's a safer vibe with EE than Bosa. Now, will I be upset if Bosa Is the pick no but to disregard EE as a possible pick is your choice and at the end of the 1st round I can bet you that I'll be better off regardless who the pick is than you.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Of course, that makes so much sense:rolleyes:

Making statements like most mock have Elliott going to Dallas makes no sense because by far most mocks the last 3 months have Bosa going to Dallas. Not sure how many mocks you have looked at. Seems like wishful thinking on your part.

Hardline

Reaction score
I keep hearing that Elliot won't help the defense but when's the last time a player CB/DE/DT picked top 10 take the league by storm not named Watt?

However with EE you not only get the safest pick in our situatiok but the most dynamic player. When's the last time you heard that? He takes the run game from good to great. We know he has the ability aND you put him behind a line that did wonders for McFadden, we become an elite running team that everyone fears.

He keeps the opponents defense off the field and the least likely chance between he, Ramsey, and Bosa to bust. Put me on the EE train.

This man gets it.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
We'd have to settle for the number one defender on our entire draft board. Or trade back with a team that want's Tunsil. I could live with either of those outcomes quite happily.

I would rather that happens so this stupid temptation of drafting a RB at 4 is removed from their control.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I disagree Dallas needed a DE before two DE's went on 4 game suspensions. The media try to bait guys all the time like when they baited Zeke to throw his coaching staff under the bus when he only got 12 carries in a losd. Alas Zeke took the bait that concerns me more than Bosa refusing to take a drug test.

Your comparing talking about not getting the ball to refusing to take a drug test? Are you serious?

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Many of the latest mocks have Elliott going at 4. The NFL Network Group did a mock last night and had Dallas picking Elliott at 4. Peter King has Elliott going to the Cowboys at 4.

I agree with you that earlier versions had Bosa, but of those that update (excluding magazines such as Lindy's that can't change their picks) I'm seeing more of them mocking Elliott to the Cowboys.

JPostSam

Reaction score
EE will not improve this D no matter what people say,we will score 30 and still lose handily,our defense desperately needs top tier talent.

i agree that we need tons more talent on defense -- but we do get more than one pick. if we get elliott and a bunch of defenders after that, i'm good with that.

(but i'm also good with bosa in the first, henry in the second, and defenders in the third and fourth, too.)