Twitter: Melton in Dallas meeting with Cowboys did not sign with Seahawks

yentl911

Reaction score
Whether we get Melton or not, we need to go DL with our first few picks. The cupboard is bare.

I don't like Melton but maybe due to Texas having no state tax (WA doesn't either) maybe we could get him a little cheaper?

We do need bodies - bodies with some talent. Not the group we had on the field last year.

lostar2009

Reaction score
What I'm reading about Donald is all good. Selfless player that Pitt moved around a lot on the defensive line, not just 3T, which makes one wonder...Very strong, very quick...what Marinelli could do with this kid seems only limited by the sky. The more I read about him, the less I am inclined toward signing Melton, but will he be there after the Giants at #12 or Chicago at #14? Ugh...you have to hate this if you are a Cowboy fan. It seems likely that Chicago would take him if we sign Melton, but if w

Their are other parts of this D that need help saftey and line backer.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Agreed there. Sutton's qualities that worry me is that you should be peaking coming out of college, not tanking. He was too fat in his final season and now he is trying to lose weight and succeeding, but still nobody is impressed that he is explosive.

He definitely put on some bad weight this year, but in previous years, that "quick twitch" was definitely there. If you can get him in shape, I really think he fits the role.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He definitely put on some bad weight this year, but in previous years, that "quick twitch" was definitely there. If you can get him in shape, I really think he fits the role.

He shed a lot of the weight and supposedly still looked sluggish according to Brandt.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Anyone know who this incarcerated bob guy is on Twitter? He sounds like a joke.

@incarceratedbob: **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Henry Melton n Dallas Cowboys expected to complete deal (Contingent on passing physical) http://t.co/IPEeg63m4u

Everyone is telling him they don't meet till Monday but he's insulting them about cell phones. Weird.

He's a joke. Once in a while he gets one, but it's equivalent to throwing crap at the wall. Something will stick eventually.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Incarcerated bob is a joke. He makes up stories consistently. Said Lebron to Knicks was a done deal. Carmelo to nets was complete. Wish someone would delete him out of existence.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Isn't he listed at about 303 now? That's well above what he used to be.

From Brandt's recap of his Pro Day:
Will Sutton, DT: Sutton (6-0 5/8, 297 pounds) has lost 18 pounds since the Senior Bowl. He ran a 5.31 in the 40, a 4.57 short shuttle and a 7.70 3-cone drill. He showed a strong club in his workout, but other than that he was pretty average. This is a guy who some projected as a first-round pick last summer, but after further review he’s probably a third-day pick at best.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
lowball 5 yrs 25 mil. no state tax hometown Dallas Cowboys. or bust

I think the overall will be higher than that, and Cowboys fans will flip out, but it will be pretty meaningless.

The last couple of years will be heavily backloaded to spread out the signing bonus hit and lower his first- and probably second-year cap hit. The third year will probably highly escalate to make it necessary for Dallas to either cut him or restructure.

dbonham

Reaction score
Oh snap! I wonder if the talk about Allen is just so Henry doesn't get double teamed when he's playing himself in madden on the jerry tron