Memo to Jerry: Fire the coward in your building

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sorry to start ANOTHER Dez thread but this has bothered me to no end. First time in 30+ years as a fan seeing anything like it from a Cowboy FO. The coward/rat in your building anonymously calling out Dez should be fired immediately. As a fan whether or not hate Dez or want him gone, you have to agree this is NO WAY to handle this. It's now way too personal. You know only hurt the player now but his family also. I know Fish has his critics but he got this right.

Why fire him? All he did was state the truth.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is no official version. All we know is that there is a leak and we have no idea who or what it came from. We are speculating ideas on that.

It's not the same thing as making conspiracies of the official version, chachi.
It was a Squatch

Diehardblues

Reaction score
a bit of a tabloid journalist. You usually have to pay and subscribe to his site so he can give "the inside scoop." lol..so we truly ought to take what he says with a grain of salt. He's the Jerry Springer of sports journalism. SHOCK VALUE.
Thanks...

Honestly I’d never heard of him. I’m assuming he’s not a Cowboy insider? Lol

Wow. People actually pay for this stuff ?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thanks...

Honestly I’d never heard of him. I’m assuming he’s not a Cowboy insider? Lol

Wow. People actually pay for this stuff ?
He claims he is a Cowboys insider..in the know..but I highly doubt it. Its a ploy..but sometimes he gets it right.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I guess I haven't kept up with as much.

Are there personal, non on field football, jabs being taken at Dez? Like hes skipped meetings and workouts, or hung out with coke hoes at the practice facilty?

Or is it really just the "he only runs three routs thing" that Josh Norman and others have already said publicly?

Honest question.

Because the OP mentioned that its getting personal and they're going after him and family.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
The way they’ve handled this whole situation stinks.

Either cut Dez and let him find another team to play for or extend him either way make a decision. Stop with all this underhanded bull. It reflects poorly on the entire organization.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It was a Squatch

Chupacabra?

Jerry Jones and his staff actually exist, chachi. Unless Breer made it up then someone on the Cowboys staff did indeed leak a story. There was in fact a motivation for it. Both Joneses have publicly stated they are starting negotiations with Dez over salary. We are not making up fantasy creatures or anything analogous.

I just think you want to hold onto the "they think Dez sucks too" narrative and don't want anything to detract from that.

However if you would like to make a case how these things couldn't be related then fine. Occam's razor still says to look at the most obvious explanation first.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The way they’ve handled this whole situation stinks.

Either cut Dez and let him find another team to play for or extend him either way make a decision. Stop with all this underhanded bull. It reflects poorly on the entire organization.
agree. Keep in mind the source..MIKE FISHER. He is a bit of a tabloid sports guy who tries to get subscriptions. Take it with a grain of salt.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why the tweets never show up. I never had that problem before

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It happens in some shops but it hasn't been the norm in US culture for more than a century. Violence as a means of conflict resolution is so low class. It's what you see in trailer parks and ghettos. No thanks.
Might be low class to you, but now you have to deal with ******* that can pretty much do or say whatever they want to personally attack you. My father always said the country would get soft like it is now. When he was growing up he stated if someone was an ***hole they kept getting their *** kicked until they stopped being one. Fighting has solved conflict for millions of years. now because little men with big mouths can't throw hands it's low class. We claimed this country with violence btw.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He claims he is a Cowboys insider..in the know..but I highly doubt it. Its a ploy..but sometimes he gets it right.
I follow all of the Cowboy beat writers and even those nationally who cover the Cowboys. Basically anyone who sets foot at the Star. I’ve never seen his story in anything published in DFW area.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Might be low class to you, but now you have to deal with ******* that can pretty much do or say whatever they want to personally attack you. My father always said the country would get soft like it is now. When he was growing up he stated if someone was an ***hole they kept getting their *** kicked until they stopped being one. Fighting has solved conflict for millions of years now because little men with big mouths can't throw hands it's low class. We claimed this country with violence btw.

I was taught that violence was acceptable but only as a last resort. My father was a decorated war veteran and the opposite of soft. Not giving into words and taunts doesn't make you weak or unable to fight. Discretion is the better part of valor.

As for people talking trash and responding with violence that is asinine. If what they are saying is true then beating them down isn't going to change it and if it is not true there are other ways to vindicate yourself.

And its low class because that is the go to form of conflict resolution in low class neighborhoods. You don't see that near as much in more affluent areas because they have developed other means of conflict resolution like the law and dialogue.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even Dez most aggressive critic have to agree, this is NOT the way to treat any player.

I agree. If you don’t want him, cut him. Don’t secretly bad mouth him and maybe lower his market when he is released.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I follow all of the Cowboy beat writers and even those nationally who cover the Cowboys. Basically anyone who sets foot at the Star. I’ve never seen his story in anything published in DFW area.
I AM NOT SURPRISED. It could be largely embellished by Fisher in order to get clicks.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why fire him? All he did was state the truth.

If what he did carries such honor or bravery .......put a name to it. Otherwise, it's cowardly to ask us to believe what you say but talking from a CLOSED closet. To be honest, It's a bit surprising how many are defending this. For me, forget Dez, I would've made this thread for any player under the same set of circumstances. Understand if this was Jerry, Stephen or the coward standing at a podium saying the exact same thing......no problem. But not have enough courage or spine to put a face to your criticism of someone you work with every day is gutless IMO. That's what this is about for me.......