Memo to Jerry: Fire the coward in your building

visionary

Reaction score
So now we're worried about what one guy said about one player instead of worrying about the one guy that's in charge of the 53 players who are failing miserably?:huh:

Any excuse to change the narrative

Perennial mediocrity? What's not to like

If we're firing 'cowards' then let's fire Jerry and Stephen and Garrett who hide behind 'relevance' and cliches

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thing is sometimes the leak is actually from the top - not saying this is the case, dont know - but if they do want to release Dez, it's a way of them doing "damage control".

The 400 lbs gorilla in the room is that they are in or at least about to start negotiations with Dez to reduce his salary. The leak very obviously helps the club in said negotiations.

Who else has motive? If you want Dez cut and go behind the Joneses back to the national media then I have to think that is a great way to get fired.

If it is someone so high that they cannot be cut then that speaks to a high level of dysfunction.

I don't see how this is good for us as fans in any way.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Thing is sometimes the leak is actually from the top - not saying this is the case, dont know - but if they do want to release Dez, it's a way of them doing "damage control".

I see exactly what you're saying but it's pretty bad if they can't cut a player w/o using such tactic. Either they're weak or if it's such questionable decision they have to use such tactic, maybe they shouldn't be releasing the player.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The 400 lbs gorilla in the room is that they are in or at least about to start negotiations with Dez to reduce his salary. The leak very obviously helps the club in said negotiations.

Who else has motive? If you want Dez cut and go behind the Joneses back to the national media then I have to think that is a great way to get fired.

If it is someone so high that they cannot be cut then that speaks to a high level of dysfunction.

I don't see how this is good for us as fans in any way.

My only question here is they've done this 100s of times with 100s of players. Why such tactics now? Why with Dez?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My only question here is they've done this 100s of times with 100s of players. Why such tactics now? Why with Dez?

I don't know but the team strategy has changed significantly the past several years already in regards to the draft and FA.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Conspiracy!

There is no official version. All we know is that there is a leak and we have no idea who or what it came from. We are speculating ideas on that.

It's not the same thing as making conspiracies of the official version, chachi.

Frozen700

Reaction score
So now we're worried about what one guy said about one player instead of worrying about the one guy that's in charge of the 53 players who are failing miserably?:huh:

I'm sorry but one thing I can't stand are pansy ***** made dudes.

Males who walk around as if they wear a pad deserve a daily *** whooping

GMO415

Reaction score
Someone in here posted a video of Dez making a strong argument that Dez can still get separation and run the entire route tree.

It appeared Dak was the real problem

Reaction score
I guess I'm naive coz I don't believe this for one second. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit but to say Stephen or Jerry is behind this is reaching IMO. No history or pattern of this kind tactic against past players. Why start now?

I think there are about 6 million reasons

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So we are mad at an employee that put out the facts that everyone that isn't blinded can see. Last year dez ran 3 routes 65% of the time Nine route, dig, slant. Not saying he can't run different routes but it's either him or the play calls. Up to you to decide.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So we are mad at an employee that put out the facts that everyone that isn't blinded can see. Last year dez ran 3 routes 65% of the time Nine route, dig, slant. Not saying he can't run different routes but it's either him or the play calls. Up to you to decide.
Exactly. Not saying it was right but it's not as if he told anything that football people didn't already know.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sorry to start ANOTHER Dez thread but this has bothered me to no end. First time in 30+ years as a fan seeing anything like it from a Cowboy FO. The coward/rat in your building anonymously calling out Dez should be fired immediately. As a fan whether or not hate Dez or want him gone, you have to agree this is NO WAY to handle this. It's now way too personal. You know only hurt the player now but his family also. I know Fish has his critics but he got this right.

I'll say it again, the Dallas Cowboys are a dysfunctional organization. That starts with Jerry. A wise owner hires people, and fires them when they fail to live up to standards. By choosing to fill key roles himself (or with his children) there is no accountability. That negatively affects everyone in the organization.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
Cutting Dez does not make this a better team.
Good point, seems like some folks don't get it. Some folks just like chatter and know really nothing about the game and winning.
Those asking for Dez to be gone, yet not offering a replacement WE.
All Talk

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
So telling the truth instead of toting the company line is considered cowardice to some in here? Wow.

I hear the government is hiring. They are looking for good followers.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It is quite possible that I am 100% wrong about this, but this whisper campaign against Bryant feels like a disinformation campaign to me. This could all be some smoke screen the Cowboys are playing out on purpose leading into the draft.

After all, this is the "lying season".

Rayman70

Reaction score
first of all...I don't doubt the validity to the story on Dez's route running issues. I believe it 100%. He's not a mental giant,lets face facts. That said,I agree with Fisher...we cannot have a rotten apple or 3 running rogue like this.This should be kept in house. Now its too late. What will give?

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Sadly nothing will happen.

Even If you want Dez gone, as a fan, or employer you shouldn't want a rat or a ******* weasel working in the FO.

The type to get dumped by his GF, and then turn around and start airing out dirty laundry, and leaking nude pictures claiming his phone got hacked. Straight up punk

The other issue is this is being reported by Mike Fisher who tends to make mountains out of mole hills. If Fisher is hyping some big controversy there's a 60% chance it's nothing big at all.