Memo to Jerry: Fire the coward in your building

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Oh I think he's the main rat for sure..I think theres a couple more too.
If only there were past instances of the organization leaking things that were supposed to remain in the walls, we might be able to deduce the common denominators

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sadly, this is reflective of a misinformed, naïve, gag-order populace that covets secrecy over disclosure and freedom of discourse.
Any lout can tell you that anonymous sources are vital to democracy in public and proper disclosure and transparency in private business.
Our system/process of democracy depends on sources.
Of course, in a dictatorship, there are purges -- even killings -- of "rats," "moles" and "traitor" to the cause at hand.
Without these inside sources, there would be no Watergate, no Senate hearings on the mafia, no disclosures of wrongdoing against big business, big labor and garden variety crooks.
Prosecutors gladly use sources to weed out corruption and dangerous wrongdoing.
You say, "This is sports!"
I say, yes, but it gives us insights we'd normally not get. Because, as fans, wears investors in a way.
If a source is properly vetted, we vet an insight not ordinarily afforded to we, the unwashed public.
You will find cries of "fire him!" "Got him!" "Find the rat!"
In the dachas and inner circles of secretive, anti-public regimes, there will be agreement, to the point of offering torches and pitchforks.
That is not freedom, that is a dark and exclusive place we don't want to visit....
Blimey. The things I say....

LOL ....give me a second pull google translation

GenoT

Reaction score
Haven’t read every comment, so not sure about how original this take is, but...

Suppose this “anonymous” leak from inside the FO was actually on orders from higher-ups, to some underling, asking this person to go off-record and plant a comment dissing Dez...which might help to publicly reinforce the idea that Bryant should be willing to “play ball” ($$), in regards to renegotiating his contract, if he wishes to remain a Cowboy?

By all evidence, working for the DC is one of the best gigs in the league; Jerry being particularly loyal to good employees.

So...why would some Cowboys staffer risk his job by randomly talking out of school — especially knowing that if word of such indiscretion got out within the league, said employee would likely never again work for an NFL team?

Not saying my theory is so; merely food for thought.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If only there were past instances of the organization leaking things that were supposed to remain in the walls, we might be able to deduce the common denominators
That the point .....never seen this behavior against any other current Cowboy player in 30+ years

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
LOL ....give me a second pull google translation
Take yet time, lad.
And let me add, it is a tribute to you tha you did not attack me mere thoughts.
Like the Beatles and all lower class Brits, I took art classes and avoided philosophy and critical thinking.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What difference does this make........it's not about Dez decline or whether or not he's still an impact for that matter.
Of course it is, why else does Stephen and others want to get rid of Dez? Why else did they seriously try to sign WR Sammy Watkins to a tune of $17 million per season if they weren't serious about cutting Dez soon afterwards had the deal with Watkins gone through? Why else is this "snitch" leaking out the obvious discontent among the Front Office in order to pressure Dez and his agent to renegotiate and lower his current contract? It's very easy to find out who this "snitch" is, so why hasn't this "snitch" been found, called out and fired? Hmm...

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Sadly, this is reflective of a misinformed, naïve, gag-order populace that covets secrecy over disclosure and freedom of discourse.
Any lout can tell you that anonymous sources are vital to democracy in public and proper disclosure and transparency in private business.
Our system/process of democracy depends on sources.
Of course, in a dictatorship, there are purges -- even killings -- of "rats," "moles" and "traitor" to the cause at hand.
Without these inside sources, there would be no Watergate, no Senate hearings on the mafia, no disclosures of wrongdoing against big business, big labor and garden variety crooks.
Prosecutors gladly use sources to weed out corruption and dangerous wrongdoing.
You say, "This is sports!"
I say, yes, but it gives us insights we'd normally not get. Because, as fans, wears investors in a way.
If a source is properly vetted, we vet an insight not ordinarily afforded to we, the unwashed public.
You will find cries of "fire him!" "Got him!" "Find the rat!"
In the dachas and inner circles of secretive, anti-public regimes, there will be agreement, to the point of offering torches and pitchforks.
That is not freedom, that is a dark and exclusive place we don't want to visit....
Blimey. The things I say....
What a crock of horse ****. Watergate was bringing justice to the powerful establishment. This is the establishment leaking. There is no "public need" here. They can cut Dez at any point in time.

It is emblematic of this dysfunctional organization and typically what happens when it is family dynasty and nepotism. More times than not, these people spend their time to shape narratives that deflect from their shortcomings so that they can keep on keeping on

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Of course it is, why else does Stephen and others want to get rid of Dez? Why else did they seriously try to sign WR Sammy Watkins to a tune of $17 million per season if they weren't serious about cutting Dez soon afterwards had the deal with Watkins gone through? Why else is this "snitch" leaking out the obvious discontent among the Front Office in order to pressure Dez and his agent to renegotiate and lower his current contract? It's very easy to find out who this "snitch" is, so why hasn't this "snitch" been found, called out and fired? Hmm...

If you no longer think the player ( Dez ) is a good fit.......just cut him and move on. Just like they did DeMarcus Ware.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Take yet time, lad.
And let me add, it is a tribute to you tha you did not attack me mere thoughts.
Like the Beatles and all lower class Brits, I took art classes and avoided philosophy and critical thinking.

LOL LOL ....not smart enough, hint ......google translation

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What a crock of horse ****. Watergate was bringing justice to the powerful establishment. This is the establishment leaking. There is no "public need" here. They can cut Dez at any point in time.

It is emblematic of this dysfunctional organization and typically what happens when it is family dynasty and nepotism. More times than not, these people spend their time to shape narratives that deflect from their shortcomings so that they can keep on keeping on
Romans! Street ruffians! Give this an a tech and a pitchfork.
He will rise to the heights of a strongman, a dark knight! Arise, strong, street people!!!!
And while we are fighting against the Republic, let us slay the country-western Eagles, too! I hate them!

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
That the point .....never seen this behavior against any other current Cowboy player in 30+ years

You dont remember Owens?. Werder-gate 2008?. Love or hate TO, he didnt take the media bait in that. That leak was from a meeting with Garrett and maybe a few others that ended up as a two-week 24-hr drama on ESPN. They didn't- quote - "Keep it in house" - as the org says it does.

The leak, I feel, was a complete redirection from "the team" in 2008 to deflect away from the Brad Johnson debacle and to shift the narrative of being put out of the playoffs to close Texas Stadium by the Ravens when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed said the offense was simple and predictable.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Romans! Street ruffians! Give this an a tech and a pitchfork.
He will rise to the heights of a strongman, a dark knight! Arise, strong, street people!!!!
Your schtick was funnier when you "halfed" to craft similies to boondocks and stuff

dfense

Reaction score
First I have to say that sports reporters...any reporter is suspect whenever they have these “anonymous source” comments.

Media has become competitive to the point of trash mag TMZ level of crap.

Second.... I see this trashing of Dez (if sources are real) as a way for GJ and staff to blame Dez for their failings as coaches and coordinators. Here the media is talking about Dez non stop and ignoring how the friggen eagles Coach can take a bunch of parts bin players and win a super bowl. Our coaches can’t figure out how to win with real talent so we blame the talent instead of pointing the finger at ourselves.
Any coaching staff stupid enough to clap over a 6-0 win vs the eagles 3rd string should be fired.
Parts him players? lol.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
is it really a "leak" when the opinion of the fo regarding dez has been known for weeks? this is nothing new.

Just me but derogatory information attacking someone else to a reporter W/O a name/face is a leak IMO.

rpntex

Reaction score
They want him to take a pay cut; we know this for a fact. The leak hurts his public image and thus his standing in the negotiation.

Sorry to disagree, but in this instance I do. The “leak“ really didn’t do anymore than what has already been floating around in public. What was said about Bryan it has been said by media and other folks who no football for quite some time. If anything, the leak has generated a little sympathy toward him. As such, I just don’t think it has any effect on his standing in the negotiations.

On the flipside, it has hurt the organization in the court of public opinion. Jerry Jones most certainly recognizes this. While the actual facts tend to come down on the side of the organization, the way it has been handled (aka, anonymous source within) hurts the organization’s position.