Memo to Jerry: Fire the coward in your building

jrumann59

Reaction score
Come on now. It’s obvious Dak is mentally tougher than Dez. I think menta toughness is one of Dak’s greatest strengths, not so much with Dez.

I do not know if Dak is mentally tough, does he melt down in the media no but that does not guarantee toughness. As much as I love romo he lacked mental toughness also remember the whole TO situation, the Dez situation has the smell of a bad sequel. A young QB is not comfortable with a strong outspoken personality, then all of a sudden there is discord and anonymous leaks, threats of pay cuts or outright release.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Well it's not like the guy was wrong. If anything he deserves a pay raise for telling the truth on how crappy Dez is.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Conspiracy...constipation...both are unpleasant and too much is just isn't normal.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sources? Mike Fisher(tabloid jockey). I'm leaning toward Mickey Spagnola...and lastly...Stephen Jones. I also think a couple departing players voiced their displeasure with Dez.(Butler and Scandy).

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Sorry to start ANOTHER Dez thread but this has bothered me to no end. First time in 30+ years as a fan seeing anything like it from a Cowboy FO. The coward/rat in your building anonymously calling out Dez should be fired immediately. As a fan whether or not hate Dez or want him gone, you have to agree this is NO WAY to handle this. It's now way too personal. You know only hurt the player now but his family also. I know Fish has his critics but he got this right.

sounds like one of the "fans" on this site has a job in Frisco.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Devoid of any in-house smear attempts, the FO and staff should fittingly be left to decide for themselves who is salvageable and who isn't. They're privy to getting more information about their talent than any media figure or fan, simply by way of up-close and personal observation and the frequency thereof. I couldn't say without at least some degree of doubt that this public exposure is FO induced, nor that it's in the team's best interest. Staff members are supposed to be responsible for supporting their talent, rather than knocking them. Most of us have our own opinions anyway, right or wrong.

Last edited:

garyv

Reaction score
Sorry to start ANOTHER Dez thread but this has bothered me to no end. First time in 30+ years as a fan seeing anything like it from a Cowboy FO. The coward/rat in your building anonymously calling out Dez should be fired immediately. As a fan whether or not hate Dez or want him gone, you have to agree this is NO WAY to handle this. It's now way too personal. You know only hurt the player now but his family also. I know Fish has his critics but he got this right.

I wonder if it could be SL or SJ.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Sources? Mike Fisher(tabloid jockey). I'm leaning toward Mickey Spagnola...and lastly...Stephen Jones. I also think a couple departing players voiced their displeasure with Dez.(Butler and Scandy).

Albert Breer reported this. He spoke with someone on the inside. The word he used was staff.

Essentially he said Dez no longer has quickness.
He doesn't run a great number of routes.
His attitude is poor.

Now I am para;phrasing, but I heard this on the radio while driving a couple of days ago. Fish got his info from Breer like everyone else did. The guys on 105.3 here in Dallas said Breer is not the type to run something out that he made up. I agree.

They speculated who the one was that talked. But they also said that Dez had badmouthed the play calling, and this may have come from those in that circle who decide what play is called.

They also said Dez isn't the only one on the team questioning the play calling as predictable.

The idea this is a coward is ridiculous. There are people with their feelings hurt, who think Dez still has it. I watched the rebuttal video where the guy tries to suggest Dez is still all that.

I suggest you people so in love with him go find the first season highlights for Dez and tell me you think he still runs at that speed. Furthermore, if someone on the inside states he has lost his quickness, by all means kill the messenger because it doesn't fit your narrative.

It is what it is. But for the money, Dez does not deliver. And everyone here will see on draft day what this is about. If they draft a WR high, this will be Dez' last year.

But it is what it is. At some point even our pet cats lose their skill set.

iamliko22

Reaction score
I guess I'm naive coz I don't believe this for one second. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit but to say Stephen or Jerry is behind this is reaching IMO. No history or pattern of this kind tactic against past players. Why start now?

There was the "parking lot video" that never came out right before his contract was signed.. Who knows. . There is definitely people who don't want dez here though that's pretty clear.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
How does leaking this help in negotiations? You think Dez is going to read this and be scared into taking less money?

If anything, I believe Dez is going to tell them to piss off if they ask him to take less money. Making him angry with these stories wouldn't help.

It's just as likely Garrett's "camp" leaked this as an attempt at distancing himself if Dez has another bad year. Never underestimate Red's desire to protect himself and his rep.

I do think it's funny to see Fisher calling for an end to Jerry's circus when he's been apologizing for Jerry's elephant poop for 20 years now.

Nailed ........this is exactly what I think is happening as stated in other posts. Dez and agents have pretty much told FO with the way everything's been handled, there are two options.....let him play out his contract or release him. Betting they can get more money on the open market.

When the season ended, I believe he was willing to work with them as long as everything was respectable and fair coz his love for the team. Needless to say .........think they pi**ed that away.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't know how this dez thing will play out but it was not handled in the right way this well create distrust in the locker room not a good look for the org or the people who run it

Exactly right ......and don't think for a second, other players aren't paying attention.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This environment has been toxic ever since Switzer came bumbling in.

I disagree at least overall.

When Parcells came in players started buying in and working their butts off. It waned with Phillips but under Garrett it is back to full participation and playing hard for the full 60 minutes in a game.

MY concern is that this type of backstabbing will have players no longer buying in.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t see what the suspense is. If you watched all the games since Dez made the roster you would see the constant whining and *****ing on the sideliens DURING THE GAMES. He’s a cancer, just like TO was, and now the team is finally fed up with it.