Memo to Jerry: Fire the coward in your building

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Your schtick was funnier when you "halfed" to craft similies to boondocks and stuff
That was the other lout. Do not smile easily. You will rue the day he comes back! I am at least literate. He is a scourge on the internet landscape!

cern

Reaction score
Just me but derogatory information attacking someone else to a reporter W/O a name/face is a leak IMO.
after the fact??? there is no need for a leak. when the time is ripe, all the cowboys need do is put a take it or leave it in front of dez. i'm guessing they're holding out for the slim hope they might effect a trade for him before the draft. if they make a move now, it will be an obvious signal they're going for a wr with their first pick. but the odds are every other team probably knows that already.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Agreed but what if this is part of the FO's pressure renegotiation ploy?

After reading many responses from the thread ........I think you are right. I couldn't have said this before I started the thread as you may see in some of my earlier responses. Either way, the whole thing is out of control IMO. If he doesn't wanna take a pay cut, just release him. Otherwise, you have to leave his contract intact. Seem pretty simple......

lwehlers

Reaction score
Cutting Dez does not make this a better team.

I agree with this but if we can get a young receiver like ridley then cutting dez would not be a bad thing because ridley can take his place. the rookie receiver might not put up the numbers like dez might this year but the for the future of the team it could be the right move. I think if hurns stays healthy he can put up numbers close to dez. if the front office can get Bryant to structure his contract to favor the team then dez can still be a great receiver this year for this team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
after the fact??? there is no need for a leak. when the time is ripe, all the cowboys need do is put a take it or leave it in front of dez. i'm guessing they're holding out for the slim hope they might effect a trade for him before the draft. if they make a move now, it will be an obvious signal they're going for a wr with their first pick. but the odds are every other team probably knows that already.

Agree but I'll go a step further about a trade. Maybe one or two teams HAVE CALLED but they too want him to agree to a pay cut under a restructured deal before agreeing to trade but again Dez is refusing. He and his agent are convinced he can get at least his same money back with a little guarantee on the open market. They spending way too much time ignoring what most feel is the simple solution......release.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agree but I'll go a step further about a trade. Maybe one or two teams HAVE CALLED but they too want him to agree to a pay cut under a restructured deal before agreeing to trade but again Dez is refusing. He and his agent are convinced he can get at least his same money back with a little guarantee on the open market. They spending way too much time ignoring what most feel is the simple solution......release.
At least the FO is trying to get something for Dez before being forced to release him, if that's what they are ultimately going to do? You've got to give them credit for trying.

Hardline

Reaction score
It absolutely makes us better in multiple ways. More importantly, it'll make Dak better.
Who on this current roster is a better #1 than Dez. Before you run someone off you better be sure to have a viable replacement. And Dez replacement is not in this draft.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Fair to midland. Blue collar kimchee similes is a bit of an oxymoron

Ramps or mountain oysters would have put you over the top
Let's just march, arm in arm, to the belief that the band the
Eagles is horrific.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Who on this current roster is a better #1 than Dez. Before you run someone off you better be sure to have a viable replacement. And Dez replacement is not in this draft.
No it is meant that Dak cannot handle a "difficult" personality. They are trying to make the team Dak "friendly" and having a receiver that wants the ball, demands the ball, ruffles Dak's feathers. If that is the case, then all the talk of Dez being a Mental Midget may be true but Dak is even worse mentally weak, and from experience mental toughness cannot be taught.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Cutting Dez does not make this a better team.
We don’t know that yet. If they take the money they save by cutting Dez and get a quality player at a position of need we might very well be better. Dez is not the same Dez of 3 years ago. How many times does it need to be said. WE have won with Dez out of the line up!! We need to get better on D. This stupid team needs to start building a D to go along with our ball control smash mouth offense!!!

The Natural

Reaction score
At this point its Dez who deserves better, not this organization. These arrogant pieces of **** deserve the misery.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
No it is meant that Dak cannot handle a "difficult" personality. They are trying to make the team Dak "friendly" and having a receiver that wants the ball, demands the ball, ruffles Dak's feathers. If that is the case, then all the talk of Dez being a Mental Midget may be true but Dak is even worse mentally weak, and from experience mental toughness cannot be taught.
Come on now. It’s obvious Dak is mentally tougher than Dez. I think menta toughness is one of Dak’s greatest strengths, not so much with Dez.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I sure hope they draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd and then we cut Dez. Tired of the sideline antics and on the field disappointments.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yep But Dak's is if they want to pull the trigger

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I’ve admittingly read nothing in this thread but I agree with the title. Fire the coward. Put your name to something or shut up.