Micah Embodies What Is Wrong With The Modern Day Cowboys Player

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I’m sure it hasn’t gone unnoticed by regulars, but you seem to routinely name anyone who disagrees with you as “girls”, or more often “queens”.

For the record, it means nothing to me.

You can call me any number of implied slurs. It’s a passing notice for any of us discerning readers and no one thinks “Wow! What a zinger!”

Argue your points, or don’t, but unless you are (obviously) catering to the lowest common denominator of “men” here at the Zone who harrumph and point and laugh out of some throwback to a 1950’s distant memory of “masculinity”, the rest of us simply see your efforts as being part of your weird schtick, which is curious at best, but more likely pretty sad.

Maybe you should call me a “jolly old boy” or some other random affected “British” persona you’ve adopted from your home in Greenville Texas (nothing wrong with Greenville), but you and I both know that you only occasionally talk about football and instead carry on with your forum posturing as some weird personal fantasy fulfillment.

I am certain that your first, and maybe reconsidered, rejoinder is to say “OK, my queen!” but we all know what you are about.

Time to reinvent. Better yet, be authentic and not a caricature.

I’m marking this reply as “pwned”, which is a reference that only goes back 20 years and not the 50 year old “gotchas” that you lean into so frequently.

Good day you chap! Hope to see you in the public square where we can continue our debate!

apologies to the mods. I try to stay in the guidelines but jeez. We all know what’s up with this.
Irony is this forum was started as a haven for Cowboys fans who were trolled by other NFC East fans and it has become the number one trolls nest on the internet. No other fan forum resembles this place in the slightest. My assumption at this point is the goals of the Zone have altered substantially

coult44

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Parsons is not in the top 5 best players ever to play for Cowboys should have their card revoked. He’s a generational talent that would dominate the older generations NFL and it wouldn’t be close. Most of the playmakers the organization has ever had can’t match his speed and athleticism, let alone the defensive players: anyone who says otherwise just has an agenda!!!BE GRATEFUL he’s on our side

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
This isn’t really true at all. It’s just social media, the Internet didn’t exist back then.
Social media definetly is a big factor in this issue, the over exposure to criticism tends to make people more sensitive to it, not less. (Of course there are exceptions, people low in neuroticism, for ex.)

Athletes and celebrities in general are taking a defensive stand and overeact more than previous generations, in part because in two seconds they can engage in a back an forth with their critics publicly. Is not like they have to give an interview two weeks later like it used to be in the nineties.

This have been studied, check Jonathan Haid work for more on this topic if you are interested.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Once upon a Time back in the late sixties the Cowboys were maligned by the media and called next year's team but I didn't see Bob Lilly whining that the media were treating them unfairly he threw his helmet down and disgust after losing to the colts buckled down came back and won the super bowl the next year.

Micah would do well to rewatch some cowboys history then buckle his chin strap tight shut his mouth and take care of his business like a professional

Blackrain

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Parsons is not in the top 5 best players ever to play for Cowboys should have their card revoked. He’s a generational talent that would dominate the older generations NFL and it wouldn’t be close. Most of the playmakers the organization has ever had can’t match his speed and athleticism, let alone the defensive players: anyone who says otherwise just has an agenda!!!BE GRATEFUL he’s on our side
I am grateful he's on our side but he wouldn't dominate spit in the older generations of the NFL

He wouldn't have even played in The ice bowl .
He would have ran and cried to the news media that the conditions were too harsh.

These players now are a bunch of kitty cats with no heart yep they're strong and fast but they have no will.
Give me Harvey Martin Randy White too tall Jones Bob Lilly and you would see us move on in the playoffs
While Micah talks about it on his podcast

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Micah don't realize that the reason the Cowboys are always talked about as losers is because for the past 30 years the Cowboys losing is the safest bet in sports.

Don't like it? Win something instead of whining about it.
Hyperbole much?

There are so many bad teams in so many sports and it makes your statement just silly. It shows you're just looking to start arguments for the sake of arguing.

And Cowboys losing what? Regular season games? I don't think you're talking Super Bowls because we haven't sniffed one in a generation.

A lot of your thoughts about this team are correct in my opinion, but why must every post be written in such an antagonistic nature?

Then disappear when the team plays well for a stretch? Not a good look.

coult44

Reaction score
I am grateful he's on our side but he wouldn't dominate spit in the older generations of the NFL

He wouldn't have even played in The ice bowl .
He would have ran and cried to the news media that the conditions were too harsh.

These players now are a bunch of kitty cats with no heart yep they're strong and fast but they have no will.
Give me Harvey Martin Randy White too tall Jones Bob Lilly and you would see us move on in the playoffs
While Micah talks about it on his podcast
Sure our teams of old were great , but our Championships were bought and paid for. Even our “Jimmy’s team” football championships were paid for with the no salary cap rules.

As for Micah, the dude grew up playing football in Northern Pennsylvania. You NEVER hear him cry about the weather.

The reason the players express themselves on social media is because the media is so bias and we as fans are so dang gullible. We suck up everything that they have to say. They get paid millions to put their opinions out there. And they have an audience who begs for more.

Listen, I’m an old guy. I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s, I loved the rough and tough old time guys. But most of those guys would never see the field in today’s game. Tough, yea sure! But as athletic and with the variables of high school backups nowadays.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hyperbole much?

There are so many bad teams in so many sports and it makes your statement just silly. It shows you're just looking to start arguments for the sake of arguing.

And Cowboys losing what? Regular season games? I don't think you're talking Super Bowls because we haven't sniffed one in a generation.

A lot of your thoughts about this team are correct in my opinion, but why must every post be written in such an antagonistic nature?

You only have 1,500 post and been a member of this site for almost 15 years.

It sounds to me you know a thing or two about taking long (very long) stretches from posting. So, maybe stay away from that angle in the future since your years to post ratio is probably one of the worst here.

Qcard

Reaction score
Hyperbole much?

Dak Haters are Punks.....

We only have to tolerate the likes of @MountaineerCowboy 3-4 times a Season......in the Off-season mountain guys just whine!! :lmao2: :lmao2:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
You only have 1,500 post and been a member of this site for almost 15 years.

It sounds to me you know a thing or two about taking long (very long) stretches from posting. So, maybe stay away from that angle in the future since your years to post ratio is probably one of the worst here.
Maybe he only posts thoughts he believes are worth being shared, unlike you, who posts every thought that pops into your head 24/7, most of them being about Dak Prescott and now Micah for some reason.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe he only posts thoughts he believes are worth being shared, unlike you, who posts every thought that pops into your head 24/7, most of them being about Dak Prescott and now Micah for some reason.
"You only post when we lose!"

"You post 24/7 about Dak and now Micah"

The MountaineerCowboy fangirls club need to get together and get on the same page with the insults.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
"You only post when we lose!"

"You post 24/7 about Dak and now Micah"

The MountaineerCowboy fangirls club need to get together and get on the same page with the insults.

It’s pretty easy to see it is both simultaneously.

Win, you and the gang disappear.

Lose, you and the gang post constantly, until the next win.

It does not take a rocket scientist to observe such a simple pattern.

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score

The whining, woe is me, we're the victims, and the "they want us to lose" mindset is a big issue with not just this year's Cowboys, but past years Cowboys as well.

The 90s Cowboys would've used this as fuel and a "us against everyone" mentality would've been created, but the modern Cowboys just want to whine about it and play victim.

They don't realize they are talked about like this because they make it easy. They don't WANT you to fail, Micah. They KNOW you're going to fail. There's a difference.

If you don't like it then make your play on the field shut em up, because whining about it on a podcast won't do it.

I love the way you disappear while we stack wins and appear in full view after 1 loss

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It’s pretty easy to see it is both simultaneously.

Win, you and the gang disappear.

Lose, you and the gang post constantly, until the next win.

It does not take a rocket scientist to observe such a simple pattern.
You or anyone else have no idea why I haven't been posting.

I've been here nonstop for basic 4 years now and have the post count to prove it. You don't get the reputation I get (good or bad) by taking long breaks.

The first time I don't post for a couple weeks you guys throw a hissy fit to show me just how much my absence is felt. You know why it's felt so much? BECAUSE I'M USUALLY ALWAYS HERE.

I will continue to let ya'll insult me for not being around for a couple weeks while I keep the reasons for why to myself because it's none of ya'lls business.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I love the way you disappear while we stack wins and appear in full view after 1 loss
62 posts in 6 years and you're talking about disappearing?

I post so much and am so active here that it brings responses like yours out of people when I'm not around. You could never post again after your little insult and nobody would know any difference.

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
62 posts in 6 years and you're talking about disappearing?

I post so much and am so active here that it brings responses like yours out of people when I'm not around. You could never post again after your little insult and nobody would know any difference.
Touchy?