Should Micah Parsons call out the Refs?

• Yes

Votes: 131 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 55 29.6%

• Total voters

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Can't blame Micah. He was literally being held so many times against the Rams, yet the officials hardly threw any flags on them Rams linemen for holding. These holds might even have contributed to Micah injuring his groin.

Does Micah have a case to call out the Refs, or does he simply need to be quiet?

:popcorn:

Aaron Donald got a call for being held. Which was much less obvious than what Parsons has to go through. Not one call has been called for Parsons this season. Yet it's plain obvious that he gets held on just about every time he rushes the passer.

Creeper

Reaction score
So by rule if a defender is not clumsy enough to fall down while being tackled around the neck it's not holding? The reason the defender often puts the blocker's arm in that position is because the blocker is reaching out to grab the defender's chest pads so they can hold. The NFL opened this pandora's box when they legalized holding way back when. Back in the day the offensive linemen could not use open hands AT ALL. That made it easier to determine what was holding. When they started letting them open their hands and over the years added in "within the framework of the defender's body" language they basically opened the door for legalized holding. It stinks frankly... But I would not mind it as long as it was called equally.. They have called Tyron for using that technique to pancake dudes for years. Yet when other teams do it to our guys it's a different set of rules.

Yes, they muddied the waters when they created exceptions to the holding rule. It is very subjective now and the refs cannot be consistent.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is where the coaches need to come in pre game. Do like Belicheck did last year when he told the refs to watch for holding by Connar Williams and he got all those tic tac calls. Put it in their head and it’s gonna be harder to miss!

Bellicheck can do that. Him and the Patriots always gets calls his way. But I agree our coaches and even Jerry needs to call out the terrible officiate that is loop-sided against Dallas.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted no. There are seven officials on the field but only two have the responsibility calling holding. Fingerpoint at one or both of those guys and leave the rest out of it.

He should be specific. I might change my vote if he called out the head referee and/or umpire by name. Not because I thought he may be right or wrong. Just because it would be funny if he did. Those guys would be forced into closing any social media accounts they had, lol.

exciter

Reaction score
Bellicheck can do that. Him and the Patriots always gets calls his way. But I agree our coaches and even Jerry needs to call out the terrible officiate that is loop-sided against Dallas.
McCarthy isn’t exactly chopped liver, he does have a SB ring. He doesn’t have to get the tic tac calls. He just needs to put enough in the back of their minds that he gets some more of the obvious ones like the one pictured. I’m really not all that keen on Micah missing games because the guard wanted a piggy back ride!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
McCarthy isn’t exactly chopped liver, he does have a SB ring. He doesn’t have to get the tic tac calls. He just needs to put enough in the back of their minds that he gets some more of the obvious ones like the one pictured. I’m really not all that keen on Micah missing games because the guard wanted a piggy back ride!

McCarthy doesn't need the tic tac calls...I agree with that. But he can tell these refs that Parsons is getting held every play he rushes and no call. While Aaron Donald gets a holding call his way and no one argues with it.

The picture in which Parsons being choked to death rushing, while they called a ticky tack foul for roughing the passer should give an indication that our coaching should call out these refs for being one-sided. Yes, McCarthy doesn't have to. But he should.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's not his job. He will only end up getting fined. If he has something to say he needs to get his coach's ear and then they can up channel it to the FO if it's worthy to be said.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's not his job. He will only end up getting fined. If he has something to say he needs to get his coach's ear and then they can up channel it to the FO if it's worthy to be said.
I'm sure Micah knows and understands this, but he's obviously voicing his displeasure via social media if he feels that's what it's going to take to get the NFL to take this issue seriously. Sometimes it is worth a fine or two to expose what is ruining the game of football and requires serious and immediate attention.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm sure Micah knows and understands this, but he's obviously voicing his displeasure via social media if he feels that's what it's going to take to get the NFL to take this issue seriously. Sometimes it is worth a fine or two to expose what is ruining the game of football and requires serious and immediate attention.
Just as you take what you say here too seriously, what Micah says on social media doesn't matter either. The audience there doesn't have the power to make the needed changes. Like I said before, his opinions should be expressed to his coaches. they are the ones that can up channel it to the ones empowered to make real changes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just as you take what you say here too seriously, what Micah says on social media doesn't matter either. The audience there doesn't have the power to make the needed changes. Like I said before, his opinions should be expressed to his coaches. they are the ones that can up channel it to the ones empowered to make real changes.
There isn't going to be any change if done quietly through the proper channels. If so, it would have been done by now. There comes a point when the league needs to be questioned publicly for it to take a matter seriously.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I thought I was imagining things. But the broadcast hosts barely noticed so KI thought I was seeing things.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There isn't going to be any change if done quietly through the proper channels. If so, it would have been done by now. There comes a point when the league needs to be questioned publicly for it to take a matter seriously.
You are a rebel by thinking that way. The powers that be want to put the best product on the field as possible. If the players have an issue the FO most certainly wants to know about it. You must have been treated poorly as a child, to not trust authority as an adult. Sad for you.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You are a rebel by thinking that way. The powers that be want to put the best product on the field as possible. If the players have an issue the FO most certainly wants to know about it. You must have been treated poorly as a child, to not trust authority as an adult. Sad for you.

That may help too, but I'd imagine he's tried that before. Now, he's trying to take it to Twitter. I don't see a problem with him raising the issue on Twitter. Can't hurt considering he never gets the calls in his favour anyway.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That may help too, but I'd imagine he's tried that before. Now, he's trying to take it to Twitter. I don't see a problem with him raising the issue on Twitter. Can't hurt considering he never gets the calls in his favour anyway.
You'd Imagine? So now we are running with anything we can imagine? Taking anything we can imagine to Twitter is a recipe for mass hysteria if everyone does it. How do you not see that? Instead, you think it can't hurt. We'll see.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's my opinion the general voting public is a bunch of idiots. While the population of CZ is not quite the same as the general voting public, this poll proves it's not far off. Thanks for confirming what I've suspected for a very long time. We live in an Idiocracy.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You'd Imagine? So now we are running with anything we can imagine? Taking anything we can imagine to Twitter is a recipe for mass hysteria if everyone does it. How do you not see that? Instead, you think it can't hurt. We'll see.

Well, what are they going to do? Call defencive holding on him when he's getting held? If he doesn't get calls after this, it's not like it changed anything. But, if he starts getting the calls in his favour, then it worked.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well, what are they going to do? Call defencive holding on him when he's getting held? If he doesn't get calls after this, it's not like it changed anything. But, if he starts getting the calls in his favour, then it worked.
When he's being held, sometimes it's called, sometimes it's not. It's an imperfect game being ref'ed by imperfect human beings. It doesn't merit inciting mass hysteria on social media. It's a freaking game!