BREAKING NEWS Micah Parsons out for multiple weeks with high ankle sprain

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Those high ankle sprains can be a problem. My hunch is at least three games out. The pressure he puts on that ankle while playing makes this injury a major concern. Could even turn out to be a season long problem.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
lol-this is the worst time to make panic moves. Literally the worst. Wait 3 games to see where the team is at.
Bolstering the defensive line isn't a panic move. It needed to be done months ago. I'm glad they stopped the Giants run game. Huge step in the right direction, but the pass rush was lacking even with Micah and D-Law. This group is razor thin and will need backup later in the season. Finding a running back would be a pretty good idea too.

vlad

Reaction score
Bad year to lose depth for various reason cuz Armstrong, Fowler, Hankins, Gallimore would have been useful right about now .

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Without football to occupy at least some of his time....I'm afraid he's going to single handedly break social media with lame posts.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
We likely don't go outside to replace Parsons and Dlaw and if we have to use what we already have, I'd like to see Kneeland take Lawrence spot and it'll sound stupid, but I'd like to see Overshown used as a Blitzer.

pansophy

Reaction score
This is actually highlighting the flaw in the way Jones builds the team. We pay a few stars a lot of money and fill the gaps with C level players and high risk high reward players that are cheap. Invariably some top players go down with injuries and we don’t have enough talent behind them to fill the gaps.

fewer star players and more solid B to B+ players allow you to adjust more smoothly to missed time, but probably doesn’t sell as many tickets.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Bolstering the defensive line isn't a panic move. It needed to be done months ago. I'm glad they stopped the Giants run game. Huge step in the right direction, but the pass rush was lacking even with Micah and D-Law. This group is razor thin and will need backup later in the season. Finding a running back would be a pretty good idea too.

Then bolster it with 8th round or later picks and guys on the practice squad. The team was already plastered twice this season at home-need to see what they can do in the next three games first. Draft picks burning holes in fans’ pockets.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Then bolster it with 8 round or later picks and guys on the practice squad. The team was already plastered twice this season at home-need to see what they can do in the next three games first. Draft picks burning holes in fans’ pockets.
If you can find a trade partner willing to part with a decent player or two for a 5th rounder or later, you take it. Mazi showed up big last night, but Osa is invisible and the two vets they brought in haven't been very good. At end, we're looking at Lawson and Kneeland, and not much behind them.

It's a clear need. Has been since last year. I wouldn't mortgage the future and send premium assets unless there's a great young player on his rookie contract, but something needs to be done. The current FA pool isn't going to cut it if they do plan on winning this season. Laugh if you want, but your suggestion is a losing proposition.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With the tough schedule coming up and the loss of Parsons and DLaw for multiple weeks, the writing is on the wall for this season. It could get beyond ugly for the defense in the coming weeks, facing contending teams.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I'd try Overshown at DE or give him significant snaps rushing the passer from some position. I know we also need him at LB but DE is so thin that we have almost no pass rush if Micah is out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry now has a fall back. Que the "we fought hard" mantra right after we get boat raced the next few weeks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
heck, we weren't going anywhere this year WITH Micah, so truthfully, I don't see much of an effect in the win / loss column.