Micah says he thinks he will make a huge jump this year

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
He won’t if he’s chasing running backs all year. We need the line to improve with run D or Micah won’t get the chances he needs to reach 20 sacks.

plasticman

Reaction score
I think that Micah is looking around the locker room at his defensive teammates and he's beginning to feel something special.

The more talented his teammates are, the less resources opponents can use to gameplan him.

The 2nd season improvements expected from Williams, Clark and Brand, the resigning's of Vander Esch and Fowler plus his own evolving understanding of the game would logically lead us to conclude that he is just going to get better.

There is only two items left to put Parsons in position to be the NFL DPY for teh upcoming season.

First, they cannot overuse him at the EDGE position, they need to move him around more and make better use of him as both a pass rusher and run stuffer. He's got to be taking a beating and his frame is not designed to taker constant hits from a pair of 300 pounders They need to do a better job at disguising his role in specific instances and make it difficult to take him out on a double team.

Second, they need that talented big guy in the middle that must be respected by O-lines. Cowboys SB teams have always had one of those guys on their team. The difficult part is, those guys were always top 5 picks like Lilly, Dutton, White, Maryland, and Casilles.

In my opinion the position of interior defensive linemen are the most difficult to find an elite player without the substantial value of a top 5 draft pick.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
It’s going to be difficult for him to improve on what he’s done, because there’s so much tape on him and teams are starting to figure out how to neutralize him. Having to repeatedly take on double and triple teams as a pass rusher is wearing him down as the season progresses. He was dealing with a few injuries last season. He started the season leading the league in sacks after the first three or four games, but his sack totals really started to dwindle late in the year. There were at least two or three games where he was a non-factor. The team is going to have to continue to make adjustments for how they use him.
I've yet to watch a game where he isn't the best player on the field when he's playing.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Parsons is about to ask for mega cash,

I'll take 2 #1s please.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've yet to watch a game where he isn't the best player on the field when he's playing.
Then you didn’t watched all the games this past season, because there was at least a couple of games where he was completely neutralized.

BossRhino

Reaction score
Then you didn’t watched all the games this past season, because there was at least a couple of games where he was completely neutralized.
Correct. Late in the season Parsons was a non-factor in some games. He was playing injured.....club hand, and who knows what other injuries Dallas medical didn't disclose.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Hankins was ok I just want to upgrade over Bohanna. I would take him back as a second 1 tech veteran. Watkins was the better player in the playoffs.
They will most likely add another NT in the draft, just don’t know if it’s going to be another day 3 flyer or someone much higher.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They will most likely add another NT in the draft, just don’t know if it’s going to be another day 3 flyer or someone much higher.
The only thing I am sure of with the Cowboys is I don’t think they draft a running back at 26. There are more good running backs in this draft then tight ends.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The only thing I am sure of with the Cowboys is I don’t think they draft a running back at 26. There are more good running backs in this draft then tight ends.
He won't be there, but they aren't passing on Robinson at 26, he is considered a top 10 player in this draft. My worry is that they may trade up for him. I like Gibbs, but I worry about have two similar backs who struggle with pass protection and aren't good short-yardage backs.

Agree, there is great depth at the position, but there is big separation after the top 2 backs, which is why you cannot rule them out. On top of this, MM came out stating he wants to run the football more, this is a priority position to fill.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He won't be there, but they aren't passing on Robinson at 26, he is considered a top 10 player in this draft. My worry is that they may trade up for him. I like Gibbs, but I worry about have two similar backs who struggle with pass protection and aren't good short-yardage backs.

Agree, there is great depth at the position, but there is big separation after the top 2 backs, which is why you cannot rule them out. On top of this, MM came out stating he wants to run the football more, this is a priority position to fill.
I actually disagree. I don’t think the Cowboys want to draft Robinson. Great prospect but you already have a top 10 running back on your roster. There are like 10 running backs in the class that could become Pollard and you can draft them in the 3rd or 4th round. You draft Washington in the first, Avila in the 2nd and the TCU kid or Texas backup in the 3rd. The running game would be as good as any in the league. Robinson is media driven.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
"I'm in the best shape of my life" should be the Cowboys new motto.

It seems if you're here for awhile you start to adopt this line of thinking.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think that Quinn's play calling got stale for a huge stretch of the season. He had Micah stationary lined up over a guy. Part of the package with Micah is moving him all over. If you just put him in one spot it makes it easier to defend him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I actually disagree. I don’t think the Cowboys want to draft Robinson. Great prospect but you already have a top 10 running back on your roster. There are like 10 running backs in the class that could become Pollard and you can draft them in the 3rd or 4th round. You draft Washington in the first, Avila in the 2nd and the TCU kid or Texas backup in the 3rd. The running game would be as good as any in the league. Robinson is media driven.
Pollard is on the franchise tag, could be gone next season. I like some of the backs later on, but they aren't in the same class as Robinson. You know this franchise loves elite backs.