Micah says he thinks he will make a huge jump this year

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Pollard is on the franchise tag, could be gone next season. I like some of the backs later on, but they aren't in the same class as Robinson. You know this franchise loves elite backs.
That is what the media puts out. I knew it was a mistake for the Giants to draft Saquan because running backs are a dime a dozen. You the Giants have not beaten us in any game Saquan has played us in. It’s about the lines. I am not a big fan of Zeke and will contend that he was a product of one of the greatest offensive lines in NFL history. The Cowboys are trying to balance their roster in my opinion to be able to withstand injuries. The reason why I believe Washington will be in discussion at 26 is because there is no tight end that can block like him. The Cowboys 4 picks in my opinion will be about protecting Dak and sure up the one weakness we have on defense.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great player. Loves the attention during the season, struggles without it in the off-season. There will be 3-4 more “don’t forget about me” posts before camp.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That is what the media puts out. I knew it was a mistake for the Giants to draft Saquan because running backs are a dime a dozen. You the Giants have not beaten us in any game Saquan has played us in. It’s about the lines. I am not a big fan of Zeke and will contend that he was a product of one of the greatest offensive lines in NFL history. The Cowboys are trying to balance their roster in my opinion to be able to withstand injuries. The reason why I believe Washington will be in discussion at 26 is because there is no tight end that can block like him. The Cowboys 4 picks in my opinion will be about protecting Dak and sure up the one weakness we have on defense.
Couple of comments:

-Getting a top 5 back at 26 is different then drafting one in the top 5. He will be a flashing light on their board and will be the highest rated.
-Just like a two down NT, they aren't going to draft a two down TE. Washington may have upside as a receiver, but he is a day 1 project there.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Then you didn’t watched all the games this past season, because there was at least a couple of games where he was completely neutralized.
I watched every game. I'm sure you also think Demarcus Lawrence sucks. If hating Parsons this month is what's getting you off go for it.

aikemirv

Reaction score
i think they'll move him around and have him playing a Joker role where you dont know if hes rushing, playing traditional linebacker or even playing a lil box safety

so if his sack numbers go down i expect the media and fans to act how they usually act and not realize hes anchoring the Defense through his role
I could see his sack numbers go up if they don't rush him from the end all the time. He will be less tired at the end of the year where his sack numbers slid a good bit!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Couple of comments:

-Getting a top 5 back at 26 is different then drafting one in the top 5. He will be a flashing light on their board and will be the highest rated.
-Just like a two down NT, they aren't going to draft a two down TE. Washington may have upside as a receiver, but he is a day 1 project there.
How much better is Saquan then Pollard? 2nd pick in the draft compared to a 4th round pick. Pollard is far In away the better value. They will make the same money this season. Picking Robinson would be like the Raiders picking Jacobs. Good running back that we don’t need.

Washington has All-Pro talent at the biggest mismatch position in the sport. He is more then just a tight end blocker. You add him to Ferguson, Hendershot and McKeon. Top tight end group in football. Put Washington next to Tyron, Tyler, Martin and Steele. One of the best run blocking lines in the league. The NFC East has three of the top defensive lines in the sport. You have to protect your quarterback. Makes to much since to draft him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think Parsons is about to ask for mega cash,

I'll take 2 #1s please.
And you won't replace him unless you get 2 in the top 5 and then it is still a crap shoot. I will just pay him and take a lower dollar QB who can get you as far as Dak has!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He should still be putting on some weight and muscle, and he should still be learning new moves and counters. He's not a finished product. He has gotten by mostly on natural athleticism. If he listens to DWare and Haley, he should now really be refining his craft, not settling.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Only cowboy fans would hate one of the best defensive players in the league that plays for us cause he uses social media. Maybe if he threw some interceptions hed be liked more?
I mean, did the receiver run the right route or no? Lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Micah was outstanding in the playoffs Imagine him with a quality defensive tackle. :rolleyes:
did we allow the bucs or the 9ers in the playoffs top run over us? i think they di pretty well considering how bad this place defines our run d.

I do Imagine and witnessed it with other teams, and this place fails to realize even with team with plan to be good up the middle, aheemm..the eagles didnt we find way to run against them? move the ball , score 40? slowed that rpo game in the 2nd game.. also the chiefs NOT known for run first with any threat at RB used RBBC and guess what down by 10 literally ran over and at all those up the middle DL/LBS an d beat the eagles at their own game. All the eagles talk starting the season, the draft and then that trade at the deadline and adding suh and company late , that got them a worse run d late in the season the playoffs and well they lost the SB over it..

Cowboys have made an effort to bring in drafted and FA DL not up to the fans liking back to Poe and mccoy plus of late and its sporadic but teams like the eagles who over emphasized the positions ie front 7, still got walked over by no name runners in the SB..i saw other games go check the last 5-8 games of the season, how did the eagles run D look like ??just from memory they had soem struggles

there's no blueprint. sometimes you get lucks get a couple studs and end up strong in the middle but no easy way to accomplish that, hope they get one of these maybe 2 FA left over post draft

A Robinson
Hankins
Al woods
Ford
Hicks

all still out here and the draft ahead can we calm down over last season for season past, remember the safety position never addressing that now we have 3 very good ones..

eventually they will find a good combo up front.. maybe an added LB as well still plenty out there, most moves will be posy draft for FA left to see what needs they didn't get in the draft,

baltcowboy

Reaction score
did we allow the bucs or the 9ers in the playoffs top run over us? i think they di pretty well considering how bad this place defines our run d.

I do Imagine and witnessed it with other teams, and this place fails to realize even with team with plan to be good up the middle, aheemm..the eagles didnt we find way to run against them? move the ball , score 40? slowed that rpo game in the 2nd game.. also the chiefs NOT known for run first with any threat at RB used RBBC and guess what down by 10 literally ran over and at all those up the middle DL/LBS an d beat the eagles at their own game. All the eagles talk starting the season, the draft and then that trade at the deadline and adding suh and company late , that got them a worse run d late in the season the playoffs and well they lost the SB over it..

Cowboys have made an effort to bring in drafted and FA DL not up to the fans liking back to Poe and mccoy plus of late and its sporadic but teams like the eagles who over emphasized the positions ie front 7, still got walked over by no name runners in the SB..i saw other games go check the last 5-8 games of the season, how did the eagles run D look like ??just from memory they had soem struggles

there's no blueprint. sometimes you get lucks get a couple studs and end up strong in the middle but no easy way to accomplish that, hope they get one of these maybe 2 FA left over post draft

A Robinson
Hankins
Al woods
Ford
Hicks

all still out here and the draft ahead can we calm down over last season for season past, remember the safety position never addressing that now we have 3 very good ones..

eventually they will find a good combo up front.. maybe an added LB as well still plenty out there, most moves will be posy draft for FA left to see what needs they didn't get in the draft,
The defense was outstanding in the playoffs and couldn’t have played better except for Diggs missing two picks. :facepalm: I just think a young bull (Miza Smith) would open things up for Parsons, LVE, Wilson, and Clark. We probably will bring Hankins back but I want a big ole boy in the middle.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The defense was outstanding in the playoffs and couldn’t have played better except for Diggs missing two picks. :facepalm: I just think a young bull (Miza Smith) would open things up for Parsons, LVE, Wilson, and Clark. We probably will bring Hankins back but I want a big ole boy in the middle.
right but my poi tis even teams with a top DL/LB front 7 can be tron to shreds with a good OC and a plan to do so.. how is it Washington one of the best DL in football, maybe best 4 not sure at LB, can finish last in the division? because all teams can be strong at one position but weak at others., THey spend a ton on DL but have struggled to get qb , TE and other positions. it happens all over the NFL , we were weak once at S got that resolved, eventually maybe the middle gets resolved but fact is no team is full of Pro bowlers or 1st team AP at all positions. you give up in some areas, happens.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
How much better is Saquan then Pollard? 2nd pick in the draft compared to a 4th round pick. Pollard is far In away the better value. They will make the same money this season. Picking Robinson would be like the Raiders picking Jacobs. Good running back that we don’t need.

Washington has All-Pro talent at the biggest mismatch position in the sport. He is more then just a tight end blocker. You add him to Ferguson, Hendershot and McKeon. Top tight end group in football. Put Washington next to Tyron, Tyler, Martin and Steele. One of the best run blocking lines in the league. The NFC East has three of the top defensive lines in the sport. You have to protect your quarterback. Makes to much since to draft him.
I really think you are underrating Robinson and overrating Washington.

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol...by 5th game. He'll be gassed again. But he's right. Has a window of 3-5 yrs to make true name for himself.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It’s going to be difficult for him to improve on what he’s done, because there’s so much tape on him and teams are starting to figure out how to neutralize him. Having to repeatedly take on double and triple teams as a pass rusher is wearing him down as the season progresses. He was dealing with a few injuries last season. He started the season leading the league in sacks after the first three or four games, but his sack totals really started to dwindle late in the year. There were at least two or three games where he was a non-factor. The team is going to have to continue to make adjustments for how they use him.
The "now they got tape" arguments are pretty sad. You could say that about any 3rd year player but amazingly, we rarely see elite players suddenly drop off in year 3.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I really think you are underrating Robinson and overrating Washington.
My opinion. I have seen Robinson play against quality teams and he was just ok. I don’t think he is even on Zeke or Saquan’s level let alone one of the all time greats. Plenty of good backs to draft in the later rounds. We have a good one in Pollard so we should be ok.
Washington if used correctly will be a Tyler Smith type steal for the Cowboys. He has all the talent and pedigree to be a great tight end.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The "now they got tape" arguments are pretty sad. You could say that about any 3rd year player but amazingly, we rarely see elite players suddenly drop off in year 3.
I didn’t say he would drop off, I said it would be hard for him to improve, because he’s been so good. He’s the type of player that opponents game plan for. He’s a game wrecker so they pay a lot of attention to him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I watched every game. I'm sure you also think Demarcus Lawrence sucks. If hating Parsons this month is what's getting you off go for it.
Where am I hating on Parsons and where did I say he sucks? If that’s what you got out of my post, you either can’t read or can’t comprehend. I said it’s going to be hard for him to improve because opponents put so much effort in game planning for him. He’s a game wrecker and everyone we play is trying to figure out ways to take him out of plays and reduce his effectiveness. He’s been getting held repeatedly and having to deal with illegal blocks.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Correct. Late in the season Parsons was a non-factor in some games. He was playing injured.....club hand, and who knows what other injuries Dallas medical didn't disclose.
The injuries he was battling definitely played a part in it. He also had a groin injury that he struggled with.