Video: Michael Gallup first Dallas Cowboys TD from Dak Prescott

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Gallup looks like a winner, nice pickup for us. What I really liked from the Dak throw was that he did it from the pocket. My concern was that Dak's best throws came on the run vs. standing in the pocket...Kudos to both
Gallup and Dak on that play!

Carl23

Reaction score
I am not a Dak hater by any stretch, but how was that a 'good throw'? If the DB had swiveled his hips and followed the ball, the WR would have been playing defense and having to chase the 49'er down. Way too low of a pass for that route.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I am not a Dak hater by any stretch, but how was that a 'good throw'? If the DB had swiveled his hips and followed the ball, the WR would have been playing defense and having to chase the 49'er down. Way too low of a pass for that route.

When Dak let the ball go Gallup had a lead on the receiver, all Dak can do is hit the receiver in stride, which he did. If the throw was higher Gallup wouldn't have been able to catch it.

If nothing else it was a good throw in that regard, besides that it was a 30 yard pass play, how many here have said "Dak can't throw over 10 yards"?

morasp

Reaction score

Kage

Reaction score
It was a GOOD throw. Not perfect, but he put it where it needed to be. Even if the defender plays it perfectly, Gallup has a good chance at getting it.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score

He probably wouldn’t have made the throw if the defender was close to Gallup. Dak is a sharp kid and is very calculated with his decisions, hence why his completion percentage is high.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

It was bad coverage more then anything but i'll take it.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was so pleased to see Gallup's quick speed increase to pass and separate from the defender before catching the ball. That play was incredibly revealing and eased concerns I had RE his ability to continue getting excellent separation in the bigs...

Dude looks soo fluid in his movements.

I think we scored big time by drafting him..

I watched him a bunch because I follow Boise State in the MW, and the dude was CONSTANTLY tearing it against everyone!!

:lmao:Great pic of Moore. Righteous.

erod

Reaction score
Wow.

First, Dak has been making good throws down the sideline since he got here. That throw is not his problem. It's the medium to deep stuff between the numbers and out routes where he is all over the place.

Second, if you think that was a great throw, that's telling. If the corner doesn't stop for no reason, it may very well be a pick. The ball was thrown low and inside. A good corner picks that off. Dak is good at those throws, but that wasn't one of them.

Carry on, wayward fans.

HungryLion

Reaction score

If you’re not a hater, then you’re blind.

He hit the receiver perfectly in stride.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wow.

First, Dak has been making good throws down the sideline since he got here. That throw is not his problem. It's the medium to deep stuff between the numbers and out routes where he is all over the place.

Second, if you think that was a great throw, that's telling. If the corner doesn't stop for no reason, it may very well be a pick. The ball was thrown low and inside. A good corner picks that off. Dak is good at those throws, but that wasn't one of them.

Carry on, wayward fans.

Lol dude you’ve gone off the deep end.

How about this. How about Dak trusted the receiver to do what he was supposed to do? Gallup shielded the defender with his body and used a little shove to get seperation at the top of the route. Which is what a receiver is supposed to do in that situation.

Dak hit Gallup perfectly in stride.

You’re unbelievable dude.