Video: Michael Gallup first Dallas Cowboys TD from Dak Prescott

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wow.

First, Dak has been making good throws down the sideline since he got here. That throw is not his problem. It's the medium to deep stuff between the numbers and out routes where he is all over the place.

Second, if you think that was a great throw, that's telling. If the corner doesn't stop for no reason, it may very well be a pick. The ball was thrown low and inside. A good corner picks that off. Dak is good at those throws, but that wasn't one of them.

Carry on, wayward fans.
:facepalm:

Piledriver

Reaction score
I thought Gallup has size , he looks absolutely tiny ?

Like a scat receiver .

I can’t see him playing over the middle.

davidariust24

Reaction score
It's only one game and it's preseason but there is alot to be excited about. The speed we now have with Gallup, Austin and Jarwin. Guys who run good routes like Lenoir. Beasley didn't even play. Rico wasnt involved. We have some fire power we are just young and unknown. It's going to be a fun season

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's only one game and it's preseason but there is alot to be excited about. The speed we now have with Gallup, Austin and Jarwin. Guys who run good routes like Lenoir. Beasley didn't even play. Rico wasnt involved. We have some fire power we are just young and unknown. It's going to be a fun season

Caveat - it's the first preseason game. In 1989 the Cowboys were undefeated in preseason and went 1-15 in the regular season.

But as I noted, lots of positives...

Billyd

Reaction score
Guys, when the ball was released, the coverage was tight, what happened was sneaky..Gallup acted like the ball was closer to him than it was..The corner thinking he was about to get raped turned to the ball at the same time he hit a open sun visual, Gallup got seperation by tricking the cb, getting lucky with the sun..Either way Dak made a good throw, and giving him his due pats is fine..Gallup made that happen...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Criticizing the throw is sort of like that politician was called on the fact that he lied about a candidate and affected the election who said "Well it worked, didn't it"?

I'll take most anything positive after the last few seasons ;)

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I am not a Dak hater by any stretch, but how was that a 'good throw'? If the DB had swiveled his hips and followed the ball, the WR would have been playing defense and having to chase the 49'er down. Way too low of a pass for that route.
My thoughts exactly. There was no air under the ball. It was more a rope that should have been knocked away. Glad it worked out but not a pretty pass by any means.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Guys, when the ball was released, the coverage was tight, what happened was sneaky..Gallup acted like the ball was closer to him than it was..The corner thinking he was about to get raped turned to the ball at the same time he hit a open sun visual, Gallup got seperation by tricking the cb, getting lucky with the sun..Either way Dak made a good throw, and giving him his due pats is fine..Gallup made that happen...

It’s true. It was a great route by Gallup.

Gallup clearly uses his arm and accelerates at the top of the route to help gain seperation.

But some people don’t seem to want to give the kid credit.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I support Dak and while I was happy to see him and the offense produce a TD on their 1st drive I still want to see more. I hope see him get an entire qrt of play next week.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wait wait wait wait wait.

So now Dak didn’t put enough air under the ball?

So Dak put too much zip on a ball, that was thrown 30+ yards in the air?

How could old noodle arm Dak do such a thing?

Billyd

Reaction score
THERE was some truth to Gallup adjusting and his burst of speed, however when you turn to face the ball it natural to slow down to try and calculate where the ball is. GALLUP did a good job of selling the Cr...Dak is funny he has a strong arm, what he threw to was the fact Gallup was single covered, and the safety was too far away to make a play on the ball..That is why Dak made a good decision and throw, and he made it immediately!!

Lets face it dak completed three passes one for a td, and ran for a first down...His QBR was perfect in the first preseason game..The fans on football qb apocolypse need to take a xannax and ****!

erod

Reaction score
Lol dude you’ve gone off the deep end.

How about this. How about Dak trusted the receiver to do what he was supposed to do? Gallup shielded the defender with his body and used a little shove to get seperation at the top of the route. Which is what a receiver is supposed to do in that situation.

Dak hit Gallup perfectly in stride.

You’re unbelievable dude.
Did you watch the play? If the corner doesn't stop, the ball would have hit him on his left shoulder. If that's Richard Sherman, it's a very different outcome.

Regardless, Dak can make that throw. He's done it a lot. The sideline route isn't his issue at all.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Did you watch the play? If the corner doesn't stop, the ball would have hit him on his left shoulder. If that's Richard Sherman, it's a very different outcome.

Regardless, Dak can make that throw. He's done it a lot. The sideline route isn't his issue at all.

Lol the corner stopped because the receiver gave him a little shove and used his body to block him.

How dense are you.

Carson

Reaction score
Happy the NFL gets to see what a stud this kid is!!!

Just happy it’s in Dallas!

Piledriver

Reaction score
I thought Gallup has size , he looks absolutely tiny ?

Like a scat receiver .

I can’t see him playing over the middle.
6-1, 205

He's not tiny at all.

Neither is Lenoir.
lenoir looked even smaller as he dropped a key pass to give away the game late