Michael Irvin spoke to the team on Thursday; Victory Confirmed

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Jan 11, 2019.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,068 Messages
    3,500 Likes Received
    Always a treat watching Michael and Jerry and he can make some bad music together guaranteed!

2. Pass2Run

Pass2Run Well-Known Member

785 Messages
    931 Likes Received
    Personally, I wish the old guys wouldn't meddle so much with the young teams.

Let the young guys write their own story without constantly being compared to Acheman, Irvin, Diamond in the Rough....

3. lk8701

lk8701 Well-Known Member

827 Messages
    1,989 Likes Received
    I respect him for keeping it real.

4. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

15,295 Messages
    16,789 Likes Received
    In the 90s is what you seen to be saying is why he isn't a class act. People change and is it not possible to become a class act now that he has matured and over came his addictions?

CT Dal Fan likes this.
  5. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

1,847 Messages
    2,432 Likes Received
    I will grant you that point and I hope he has--

Candidly I still have my doubts. He still seems to be making wrong place/wrong time, suspicious headlines time after time, even up to a few years ago....

But again--if we are talking about Michael Irvin the football player, I have no doubts.

One of the best in the history of the Cowboys and an absolute deserving HOF stud of a receiver. On the field--there is no question as to the value or impact of Michael Irvin. None. Zero. The man was one of the best in the history of the franchise, maybe the best receiver that ever wore a star if we're being honest. And that includes TO.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  6. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

2,621 Messages
    9,442 Likes Received
    Funny stuff, like him or not the dude is real. I was in love at first stake...too funny:laugh:
    Go get that Championship Cowboys :flagwave:

7. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

5,397 Messages
    3,232 Likes Received
    As a cowboys fan how can you not love Michael. The guy loves his cowboys that when he’s supposed to be impartial he whole heartedingly can care less and bangs the table for his boys. Also still communicates with jerrry Jones and has input with the team to help. He definitely had input getting amari.

8. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

3,424 Messages
    494 Likes Received
    There is a special place in my heart for the Playmaker. Guy is the best.

75boyz and CanadianCowboysFan like this.
  9. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

15,794 Messages
    29,971 Likes Received
    I agree with much of this, and I realize he did a lot of stupid stuff in his younger days, but since those days I haven't heard of anything that would cause me to classify him as a "prick and a scumbag". Did I miss something, or are you judging the man by the foolish things he did as a young man, not long removed from the ghetto?

10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

19,853 Messages
    3,853 Likes Received
    he would burn out after the first practice, but he is a great motivational speaker

11. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

4,277 Messages
    2,863 Likes Received
    Irvin was an amazing, amazing player and incredibly clutch.

IMHO, he is the 3rd greatest WR of all time, surpassed only by Rice and Moss.

And all the stats in the world won't change my opinion. He was relentless and caught everything that came to him with rare, rare exception.

One play stands out:

In a losing effort to the Rams in 92' with Dallas trying to rally, Irvin caught the ball over the middle and on his way to crashing to the turf was signaling for the time out to be called to give his team a chance to complete the comeback.

He was unstoppable, we just didn't need to feature him as much as other WR's considered better.

found the play:
    18:00 or so of this video

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    lothos05 likes this.
  12. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Well known member

2,927 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    I love Irvin! Great interview even though I don’t like Jimmy Kimmel that much lol

75boyz and Runwildboys like this.
  13. Ddisco22

Ddisco22 Well-Known Member

1,161 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    He is awesome, those were some great years watching them play.
    I actually kinda bumped into him a few years ago, at the MGM in Vegas.
    When I saw him all you heard was someone scream loudly
    "Yo Mike, how bout them cowboys"
    Me of course..lol

75boyz and Runwildboys like this.
  14. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

4,385 Messages
    7,327 Likes Received
    One thing people forget about Irvin- we all knew what he was doing, but he never failed a league drug test. That five game suspension in 1996 stemmed from an arrest for drug possession and a lengthy legal trial that smeared the image of Cowboys and, in some ways, the NFL.

But since then Irvin has matured. He's one of my all-time favorites and I absolutely love watching him support the Cowboys on television today.

Irvin88_4life likes this.
  15. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

698 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    Yep, most definitely.

I became a Boys fan in '75 so I just missed Lilly or Ill bet I would have had 5.

Meaning that Playmaker is number 3 of my 4 man Cowboy Mt. Rushmore.
    Landry
    Staubach
    Irvin
    I'll leave 4 blank, but its a recent addition

16. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

3,518 Messages
    4,233 Likes Received
    Irvin called Jerry Rice, "Jesus in cleats".

skinsscalper likes this.
  17. gmb1

gmb1 Well-Known Member

1,546 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    If he became a coach I'd be worried that he choke one of our players/coaches, even by accident. He can still be our hype man tho! LMAO

18. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

9,318 Messages
    14,147 Likes Received
    He lost my respect for going on the Kimmel show.

IceBowler and AlienBoy like this.
  19. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

3,003 Messages
    2,667 Likes Received
    how can you not be a fan of Irvin? Seems like if you don't like him you might have a wife whose name is Gertrude.

IceBowler likes this.
  20. DCowboyz

DCowboyz Well-Known Member

1,223 Messages
    1,183 Likes Received
    Great interview. I've always liked Mike. It's sad that I never really saw him play live. And if I did, I barely remember. Because I was young.