Michael Mayer is starting to worry me

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Weaknesses

Weaknesses
  • Needs to get into blocks with quicker hands.
  • Sluggish release and acceleration off the line.
  • Won’t generate much separation at stems and turns.
  • Occasional slips getting out of breaks underneath.
  • Likely to see heavier contested catch totals at the next level.
  • Upper body looks a little tight when reaching outside the frame to catch.
  • Below average run-after-catch talent.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/michael-mayer/32004d41-5933-0676-2b57-0928ab0ea95b

Pretty much every article agrees with me about his weaknesses.
Thats a short list. Lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dude you’re the king of the straw man.

I had no clue Parsons could rush the passer off the edge and neither did any of you.

Dallas wanted him as a MLB and I still think he’s nothing special at it.

Seeing that he played linebacker against Green Bay and they rushed for 207 yards and everyone after the game was complaining about how he was used I don’t feel like I’m too far off.
:lmao: :lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one wanted Zeke to get that much in his 2nd contract. You’re wrong on Dak like you are wrong on Parsons 2nd in voting for DPOY I believe.
I showed him pre draft write ups stating he was great at pass rushing and he still denied it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah he’s totaling ignoring it. But he said Micah Parsons is nothing special so that tells you all you need to know.
I judged Micah Parsons how everyone else did. As a linebacker.

I like how you guys think I’m so wrong when the entire NFL allowed him to fall to pick 11 or whatever it was.

The Cowboys settled on him. Even they didn’t really want him.

Then a plethora of injuries happen against the Chargers and he’s forced to play defensive end and everything changed in that moment.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It would be nice. That’s about it.

Id rather have potentially more explosive plays on offense though then drafting a TE that’s kind of like a fullback for the offense instead of a offensive mismatch.

Well, that's the thing, one can make an argument for both Mayer and Gibbs being a mismatch. I think itll just come down to which the FO prefers.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I like how you guys think I’m so wrong when the entire NFL allowed him to fall to pick 11 or whatever it was.

Then a plethora of injuries happen against the Chargers and he’s forced to play defensive end and everything changed in that moment.
How can the entire NFL pass on him if he was pick 11?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well, that's the thing, one can make an argument for both Mayer and Gibbs being a mismatch. I think itll just come down to which the FO prefers.
Mayers not running away from anyone and his height and arm length is avg so I don’t get where he is some kind of mismatch.

Mayers whole game is he is good at everything and gets open with leverage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How can the entire NFL pass on him if he was pick 11?
10 teams plus all the others who could’ve traded up for the best pass rusher in football had they evaluated him as a edge rusher and not a freakin middle linebacker.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

How did i know?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10 teams plus all the others who could’ve traded up for the best pass rusher in football had they evaluated him as a edge rusher and not a freakin middle linebacker.
You didnt get it wrong you got it horribly wrong.

Anyone who passed on parsons is a moron.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:lmao: So because no one traded up in to early round 1 means they didn’t think he was going to be great? :facepalm:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Mayers not running away from anyone and his height and arm length is avg so I don’t get where he is some kind of mismatch.

Mayers whole game is he is good at everything and gets open with leverage.
Watch the tape. He runs away from lots of people.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
10 teams plus!!!!

Bwaaaaaaa!!!!

rambo2

Reaction score

I had him as a dominant pass rusher before the draft.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:lmao: So because no one traded up in to early round 1 means they didn’t think he was going to be great? :facepalm:
Please don’t be so dense.

I’m not saying anything that isn’t common sense.

You guys think you have me in some kinda gotchya moment.

If me not knowing Micah Parsons was an elite edge rusher is some kind of knock on me then so be it lol.

He still just a guy at linebacker though. Nothing special. Kinda like I said when we drafted him and kind like when Green Bay ran us over for 200 yards and everyone wanted him back on the edge rushing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I had him as a dominant pass rusher before the draft.
Cool.. All his pass rushing was him blitzing up the middle so I don’t know how you projected him playing on the edge and using a defensive ends skill set based on his college tape.