Mick Shots: Deeper Dive into Dak's Playoff Record

NotForLong

Reaction score
I don't agree with Mickey all the time, but it is hard for all but the most elite QB's to overcome a bad Defensive performance in the playoffs. Our Defense has been bad at the most important times, can't overlook that. Folks tend to forget that it was a Dan Quinn team that blew a big lead in a certain Super Bowl (which saw a certainly elite QB make a comeback).
That is why he wrote this article. It was for you

fivetwos

Reaction score
The need to assign blame for the past just won’t end, yet the better question is what to do about it moving forward.

Either you’re fine giving Dak at least a very close to top of the market deal, or you’re willing to be awful the next handful of years and hope to get lucky and be bad enough in the same year to draft the right QB eventually.

If there’s a middle ground here please explain.

I’m not defending Prescott, but is spending nearly the same money on a guy like the next Mayfield a guaranteed playoff success? It’s really not.

It’s a matter of what you prefer as a fan, but anyone reading this has been paying attention enough to know which way the Joneses are going to go with this…..and this roster isn’t to where it needs to be blown up….and I’m sure they think even more of it than I do.

Dak is just so close to free agency that there’s no real point in signing now for some discount just because Jerry expects it because he didn’t get his Super Bowl. He is at least as much to blame. Dak will insure himself against injury and will eventually return on a big money contract somewhere even if Myles Garrett tears off one of his limbs on the first play in Cleveland.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This will clear it up, i always say the Dak war is just waiting for some facts to bring the sides together..lol

This team doesn't do what it takes to win playoff games...starting with the GM/Owner and through everyone on the payroll...Thats a fact.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
This will clear it up, i always say the Dak war is just waiting for some facts to bring the sides together..lol

This team doesn't do what it takes to win playoff games...starting with the GM/Owner and through everyone on the payroll...Thats a fact.
Bingo...until this team actually makes proactive moves to have success in the playoffs I can't imagine them actually having playoff success. We enter into yet another season where we are just crossing our fingers hoping that the run game on both sides of the ball improves, which is a pretty crucial piece to winning games in January.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think 25% of this fan base wants to blame everything on Dak. Another 25% of this fan base wants to blame everyone but Dak. 50% of the fan base sees we have culture issues, poor FO, poor coaching, issues with the defense in the playoffs and issues with the QB in the playoffs.

We lose because of culture issues, poor FO and poor coaching IMO. Trying to blame everything on Dak is wrong, trying to blame everyone but Dak is wrong. Mickey should write an article on a deep dive into the last 28 years. But I bet Jerry won’t let him.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Great post.:thumbup:
Exactly. These idiots acts like it's Dak's fault when our defense can't stop the run and gives up 30 or more points. The usual posters have all said its just excuses and Dak sucks, but when Romo's playoff results are discussed we hear every excuse in the book why Romo never got it done. Double standard.

BTW, I tried the new Aikman "8" beer and it's great! I also tried the Romo "9" beer and it wasn't near as good and had a terrible after taste ...

ArtClink

Reaction score
The main problem is that Jerry and Stephen don't know how to run an NFL team properly. Funny how every year, these owners point fingers at the coaches or the players. Who knows. Next year, it
might be the cheerleaders who are at fault,in their minds.This team is ran like a circus carnival and that has been going on for 29 or so years.
Gospel truth. 29 seasons of scapegoats and no accountability for Jerry and his idiot son Giggles.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly. These idiots acts like it's Dak's fault when our defense can't stop the run and gives up 30 or more points. The usual posters have all said its just excuses and Dak sucks, but when Romo's playoff results are discussed we hear every excuse in the book why Romo never got it done. Double standard.

BTW, I tried the new Aikman "8" beer and it's great! I also tried the Romo "9" beer and it wasn't near as good and had a terrible after taste ...
:thumbup:

blueblood70

Reaction score
The excuses never end.
You know what never ends responses like that that calling it an excuse when it's an absolute valid reason it's called the reason it's a fact when your defense plays horrible as it did in Green Bay there was no offense on this planet that was gonna win that game.. You want to take the defensive stats out of there how about look at all those losses under 3 yards per carry for the running backs the offensive line one game had 11 penalties yeah you remember that game when the defense had three more ohh big time penalties those are not excuses this is a team falling on its face and blaming its quarterback that's easy isn't it?!!

how about the responses like yours never end.

I've never seen in my entire life one game in the playoffs that Troy or Roger had to win without a defense and a run game, show it to me? I'll show you games they lost they should have won.. I show you many games where they threw interceptions and fumbled the football, but some other teammates/coaches picked them up and they won... better teams , good teams win games together up against talent that's either better or equal when you meet them in the playoffs you need to be up to the task and we are not as a team up for the task...