Mike asked about the interceptions

BoysForLife

Reaction score
CeeDee is getting the Cooper treatment.

He is Dak's scapegoat now.

And cooper got the Beasley treatment

And Beasley got the Dez treatment

And so on.

Remember when our #1 receiver was Laurent Robinson?

For the last 7 years we've seen All Pro's, Pro Bowlers, and first round draft picks run out of town because they "weren't good enough" to prop up dak

Now the Dak Davidians have a new target.
Cee Dee, your turn in the barrel bro

Dre11

Reaction score
The route was an option route. if the safety is staying put you run the route over the top of the safety. if the safety starts backing up you run the route underneath the safety. The safety wasn't moving so lamb try to run it deep, but Dak threw it short.

It's just two guys not been on the same page. But the play caller needs to take that play out of the playbook. Because the wide receiver is not looking back to see Dak being blitzed. So, Dak through it short because of the blitz, but Lamb didn't know that was a blitz. It's just a bad play, that needs to be tossed.

Lol....it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt..lol
It's actually called middle of the field closed because it's a player in the middle of the field. The only time you adjust the route is if it's 2 . You're wrong. Go listen to McCarthy and Irvin explain it....lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
#facts

Dak is basically a charity case at this point. Can't say anything even remotely critical of him from an organizational standpoint

I think you're wrong about that. Fair criticism is fair game.. Uninformed bashing is what draws an adverse response. People who know the game have chimed in that those INTs were bad routes.. It happens.. When Dak makes a bone headed throw I will call it out. That's not what happened on those.. It's not really that complicated.

Dre11

Reaction score
The route was an option route. if the safety is staying put you run the route over the top of the safety. if the safety starts backing up you run the route underneath the safety. The safety wasn't moving so lamb try to run it deep, but Dak threw it short.

It's just two guys not been on the same page. But the play caller needs to take that play out of the playbook. Because the wide receiver is not looking back to see Dak being blitzed. So, Dak through it short because of the blitz, but Lamb didn't know that was a blitz. It's just a bad play, that needs to be tossed.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I think you're wrong about that. Fair criticism is fair game.. Uninformed bashing is what draws an adverse response. People who know the game have chimed in that those INTs were bad routes.. It happens.. When Dak makes a bone headed throw I will call it out. That's not what happened on those.. It's not really that complicated.

If true you're the exception not the rule.

But I was speaking from an organizational standpoint. Meaning no one in the organization will ever criticize or throw shade on dak for any reason. Or they'll be gone. And they know it

Jerry's made it clear he's basically untouchable at this point imo

Romotil45

Reaction score
I feel bad for Ceedee. He isn't a good route runner and doesn't know his routes, but he is getting scapegoated for Dak. Yes, Ceedee should have run a better route, but if you look at the play, the safety was already sitting there and did not have to move to make the int. Best case, even if Ceedee ran the route correctly was a contested incomplete. There was a brief window as Ceedee clears the front defender, but Dak holds the ball until Ceedee is into the second level. It was a bad read by Dak. Its just more clear evidence of him not being able to process things.

you are correct Dak has regressed both of those interceptions are on him. after five full years on the cowboys dak still cannot read defenses,

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Lol....it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt..lol
It's actually called middle of the field closed because it's a player in the middle of the field. The only time you adjust the route is if it's 2 . You're wrong. Go listen to McCarthy and Irvin explain it....lol
So, you believe Lamb juked toward the middle of the field, then kept going up the field... to fake Dak out?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait, are you saying one of those two picks was the fault of the OC, and one of the WR's?

How can this be? The panel of experts here on, "I Hate All Things Cowboys," has determined this is all Dak's fault. Something is not adding up. The head coach of a professional football team has a differing opinion from the fans who watch the games on TV.

Who to believe?
I'm telling you, the mass of Dak hating has truly lowered the IQ of this forum. It's mind-boggling. People don't get embarrassed getting proven wrong. It's like they stubbornly get more upset and double or triple down with their Dak blame.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not the wrong route.. just the right route run incorrectly. He has allowed his instinct to run towards what he perceives to be open space to cause him to fail to honor a fundamental rule when running over the middle routes.. which is that you CANNOT let the safety beat you to the spot. You have to cross his face because the QB is counting you to get there before the DB does and will throw it to a spot rather than to a body. If you don't go to the spot but the DB does, instant INT. CeeDee is not the first receiver to do this.. But if he's going to continue to he our go to receiver he has to get that fixed. He's got to be willing to go up and take the hit to make the catch (or draw the PI) by forcing the DB to have to go through him to make a play on the ball.
BAM!!!! :hammer:

:starspin:POST OF THE YEAR!!!:starspin:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
BAM!!!! :hammer:

:starspin:POST OF THE YEAR!!!:starspin:

Perhaps the funniest thing about the people crowing over those INTs is that these are the same people who claim Dak "doesn't lead his receivers" and "Dak waits until the receiver is open to throw it.." On both those throws Dak put the ball out in front of the receiver and anticipated where the receiver was going to go well before the receiver was open. Only the receivers saw something different and didn't go where the ball went. Things like this might be WHY Dak tends to wait until the receiver is open to throw it. He can't trust his receivers to get to the right spot. So he HAS to wait..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
CeeDee is getting the Cooper treatment.

He is Dak's scapegoat now.

I mean, if the WR ran the wrong route, that does impact the throw. If he's trying to run a tight post and is supposed to run a skinny post, then the ball won't end up where it should go because the receiver is going in a different angle than the QB is expecting him to go.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I see the ball being thrown underneath while Lamb is going over the top. What do you see?

I'm not sure the ball was underthrown.. From everything we're hearing the play is designed to cut across the front of the safety. It's the skinny post Michael Irvin used to make a living on. The receiver is almost always going to have to take a hit on it but when properly executed it's a beautiful play. On the end zone INT Lamb pulled up.. and on the second one he went over the top when he was supposed to go underneath. Maybe Dak read it wrong.. but the Cowboys don't have a lot of deep post routes in their playbook. Especially not for the 4.5 receiver.. Now if the receiver had been Turpin or Fehoko I might be willing to listen to talk that it was meant to be a bomb.

Zordon

Reaction score
Wait, are you saying one of those two picks was the fault of the OC, and one of the WR's?

How can this be? The panel of experts here on, "I Hate All Things Cowboys," has determined this is all Dak's fault. Something is not adding up. The head coach of a professional football team has a differing opinion from the fans who watch the games on TV.

Who to believe?
No. Listen to the PC. He specifically blames Dak for lack of anticipation on the first INT. He blamed Dak in the postgame PC too.

starfan1

Reaction score
Maybe they did....he ended up destroying the rest of the game.

Ceedee needs to bottle that anger up and play like that all the time. This is the 2nd time he has done this...i think earlier in the year vs Giants was the other time.
Chicago last week actually

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I mean, if the WR ran the wrong route, that does impact the throw. If he's trying to run a tight post and is supposed to run a skinny post, then the ball won't end up where it should go because the receiver is going in a different angle than the QB is expecting him to go.
The only people I've heard saying he ran the wrong route was Dak, McCarthy, and Jerry.

I've not seen CeeDee come out and say "my bad. I ran the wrong route there" unless I missed it.

It seems he's just getting thrown under the bus and knowing if he speaks up then he's the bad guy.