Mike asked about the interceptions

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The only people I've heard saying he ran the wrong route was Dak, McCarthy, and Jerry.

I've not seen CeeDee come out and say "my bad. I ran the wrong route there" unless I missed it.

It seems he's just getting thrown under the bus and knowing if he speaks up then he's the bad guy.

Well, I don't know what happened either. I'm just explaining that, if Lamb did run the wrong route, then that would impact the throw.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what happened either. I'm just explaining that, if Lamb did run the wrong route, then that would impact the throw.
Lamb not saying it speaks volumes.

We expect Dak, McCarthy, and Jerry to scapegoat anyone else, of course.

Lamb is getting mud threw at him from everywhere and he's keeping quiet. I would think if he thought he was in the wrong he would own it, maybe not, but I would think he would be stand up about that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Lamb not saying it speaks volumes.

We expect Dak, McCarthy, and Jerry to scapegoat anyone else, of course.

Lamb is getting mud threw at him from everywhere and he's keeping quiet. I would think if he thought he was in the wrong he would own it, maybe not, but I would think he would be stand up about that.

Again, I don't know what happened. Maybe he ran the wrong route, maybe he ran the correct route. I don't know. There seems to be a lot of communication issues, which begs the question of what they were doing during the bye week.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Those INTs were inconsequential because the offense came back and took a 14 point lead into the fourth quarter. The loss is squarely on the defense in this particular game. We can even argue that Moore abandoned the run, that the penalties hurt, that we should have run on 3rd and 3, knowing we’d go on 4th down, but with a 14 point lead, anyone who praised our defense all year had to believe the game was won.

The defense crumbled and were actually fortunate to get some fumbles.

Ken

Reaction score
The only people I've heard saying he ran the wrong route was Dak, McCarthy, and Jerry.

I've not seen CeeDee come out and say "my bad. I ran the wrong route there" unless I missed it.

It seems he's just getting thrown under the bus and knowing if he speaks up then he's the bad guy.
And every former pro player who played the position.

But yeah....everyone but the one who screwed up.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
And every former pro player who played the position.

But yeah....everyone but the one who screwed up.
I don't care about what anyone that didn't know what the play call or what was said in the huddle has to say about the play.

You bet me that Dak would have a better season than Mahomes. That alone makes me not take you seriously.

Ken

Reaction score
I don't care about what anyone that didn't know what the play call or what was said in the huddle has to say about the play.

You bet me that Dak would have a better season than Mahomes. That alone makes me not take you seriously.
Well i don't take you seriously when a 7 year qb and a super bowl winning Coach say it was a bad route and it isn't good enough for you.

Let alone two wr's with more Super bowls, Pro bowls, all pros than Ceedee will ever have say he was wrong.

But go ahead with your wacky conspiracies.

Ken

Reaction score

I appreciate you posting this.

Of course...NFL.com conveniently left this play off the ALL 22....why do I pay for this crap????

SO i went back to my dvr recording.

What Stanback is saying doesn't even make sense. If it was cover 2 that Dak was reading, he would have thrown the route that Ceedee ran as that would be open.

He read it as Cover 3, which it was. His snapshot is convenient to place blame on Dak but in actuality, it was 3 and the deep middle safety came up and made a play on the ball.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Of course...NFL.com conveniently left this play off the ALL 22....why do I pay for this crap????

What Stanback is saying doesn't even make sense. If it was cover 2 that Dak was reading, he would have thrown the route that Ceedee ran as that would be open.

He read it as Cover 3, which it was. His snapshot is convenient to place blame on Dak but in actuality, it was 3 and the deep middle safety came up and made a play on the ball.
He didnt say Dak was reading cover-2

He said Dak read it as a cover-1 from pre-snap

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Well i don't take you seriously when a 7 year qb and a super bowl winning Coach say it was a bad route and it isn't good enough for you.

Let alone two wr's with more Super bowls, Pro bowls, all pros than Ceedee will ever have say he was wrong.

But go ahead with your wacky conspiracies.
It's sad how Dallas Prescott fans like yourself just don't care about other players on the team.

I need you to explain to me how the Cowboys have a QB that's never made a bad pass or a bad decision and never been able to win anything?

Please, explain that to us less knowledgably football people.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Nah if it was cover two then both safeties would have been back and they would have kept retreating as Lamb headed up field. No defense is designed to allow a receiver to run by your safety. If it happens it's a blown coverage plain and simple. For whatever reason Stanback has always been pretty down on Dak. Maybe he resents Dak getting the opportunity to play QB when he himself really wasn't. I admit I never watched him much in college but I don't recall him exactly lighting it up as a passer at UDub. What he was was fast.. MUCH faster than Dak.. so he was moved to WR in the pros. Obviously I don't know what the reason for it is, but I never put much stock in anything he says regarding Dak. It's pretty much always going to be negative.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Nah if it was cover two then both safeties would have been back and they would have kept retreating as Lamb headed up field. No defense is designed to allow a receiver to run by your safety. If it happens it's a blown coverage plain and simple. For whatever reason Stanback has always been pretty down on Dak. Maybe he resents Dak getting the opportunity to play QB when he himself really wasn't. I admit I never watched him much in college but I don't recall him exactly lighting it up as a passer at UDub. What he was was fast.. MUCH faster than Dak.. so he was moved to WR in the pros. Obviously I don't know what the reason for it is, but I never put much stock in anything he says regarding Dak. It's pretty much always going to be negative.
Ya, it was a cover three read all the way.

I agree, Stanback always has it out for Dak...it is obvious.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is worth a listen at his press conference today for anyone interested in those plays.

he said on the one He saw the play the way dak did and broke down a bit what Ceedee did wrong.

but the funny thing was when the next reporter asks something on the int in the end zone and why those dudes were on top of each other with that little field to work with “GREAT QUESTION!”

lol you could tell he was kellen what are doing?
It’s been known from the beginning that Moore isn’t directly accountable to McCarthy.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak or Mike or Kellen should've gotten in Lamb's face if true.

This has happened in back to back games.

That's unacceptable.
What makes you think they haven’t. You don’t hear it out in front of the whole world

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'm not sure the ball was underthrown.. From everything we're hearing the play is designed to cut across the front of the safety. It's the skinny post Michael Irvin used to make a living on. The receiver is almost always going to have to take a hit on it but when properly executed it's a beautiful play. On the end zone INT Lamb pulled up.. and on the second one he went over the top when he was supposed to go underneath. Maybe Dak read it wrong.. but the Cowboys don't have a lot of deep post routes in their playbook. Especially not for the 4.5 receiver.. Now if the receiver had been Turpin or Fehoko I might be willing to listen to talk that it was meant to be a bomb.
What about an over/under option route? If the safety is standing still you run over the top of him. It's a safety is back pedaling run underneath him.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak threw when Lamb was not anywhere close to a point of being able to cut in front to receive it. Why Dak didn't see that is a puzzle to me. Even if Lamb did a hard plant and cut across, he wouldn't have got there in time. Glad to see he can throw a timing route, but that's when you throw the receiver open. Aikman and Irvin knew how to adjust.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Word is the dirty laundry is getting outside the building. Not good.
Not a good look under any circumstances. That's when the coach asserts his leadership and tells the players to keep it in the locker room.
The coach should say, "We will review it and make adjustments." That, or something similar.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dak threw when Lamb was not anywhere close to a point of being able to cut in front to receive it. Why Dak didn't see that is a puzzle to me. Even if Lamb did a hard plant and cut across, he wouldn't have got there in time. Glad to see he can throw a timing route, but that's when you throw the receiver open. Aikman and Irvin knew how to adjust.

I think it may be because he was expecting Lamb to be in a particular spot. So, my guess is it was miscommunication.