Mike asked about the interceptions

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak threw when Lamb was not anywhere close to a point of being able to cut in front to receive it. Why Dak didn't see that is a puzzle to me. Even if Lamb did a hard plant and cut across, he wouldn't have got there in time. Glad to see he can throw a timing route, but that's when you throw the receiver open. Aikman and Irvin knew how to adjust.

I just watched the 2nd INT again and noticed that the ball was tipped (by #55?) at the line of scrimmage. Might that have had something to do with how it ended up not being where it needed to be? I disagree that Lamb would not have gotten there in time though because as it was the ball ended up less than a yard off the line he was on. If he comes across the face of the safety it's either a completion, a PI or illegal contact at minimum. But the tip at the line of scrimmages means we will never truly know where the throw was intended to go but a hard in cut puts Lamb right where the ball ended up.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What about an over/under option route? If the safety is standing still you run over the top of him. It's a safety is back pedaling run underneath him.

The safety was well beyond Lamb until he saw the ball coming. He broke on the ball and Lamb didn't. Lamb didn't even look back until he noticed the safety had started coming forward.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
CeeDee is getting the Cooper treatment.

He is Dak's scapegoat now.

So two times in the Packers game where CD and Schultz are within 3-4 yards of each other, the first one ended up being INT's and the other was the last play we ran on 4th down in OT. Greg Olsen, Michael Irvin and now MM have said it's was on the route runners or the play design, so are suggesting you know more than those three about route running and play designs? Those three errors are not on Dak regardless of what you and other Dak haters say. It's either on CD or Schultz or Moore's play design. All three plays were in the middle of the field. Since Schultz is calling out players along with Micah I would bet all three errors are on CD.

And I'm still waiting for more evidence on Dak changing the plays since you said there's "SOOOOOO MUCH evidence Dak is changing plays." Are you having trouble finding more evidence? Just admit you like making up things and I'll move on. :)

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
Yep

Clear as day. FO and coaches will never throw the $40m man under the bus.. NEVER

Yeah I'm sure he's lying to protect Dak. That would go a long ways toward gaining and keeping the respect of his players. Durrrr.

CWR

Reaction score
Yep makes all the couch jocks blaming Dak look dumb...it's on Dallascowboys.com, let's see how many admit they were wrong. Thats. DAK, Irvin ,Olson,Chad Johnson,Jimmy Johnson, Mike McCarthy all saying the same thing...lol

They will just double down.

Dre11

Reaction score
So, you believe Lamb juked toward the middle of the field, then kept going up the field... to fake Dak out?

No Lamb freelanced his route because he read the coverage wrong. He later corrected it and they had a big gain in overtime

Reactions: CWR

Dre11

Reaction score
They will just double downhard headed.
It's funny , they don't care how stupid they look...lol they're insinuating all these nfl professionals don't know how the concept works. Like Mike and Kellen don't know how the play they design is suppose work....it's comical

Cmac

Reaction score
Not a good look under any circumstances. That's when the coach asserts his leadership and tells the players to keep it in the locker room.
The coach should say, "We will review it and make adjustments." That, or something similar.
....agree.....and coaches should too. Time to circle the wagons.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He said it was on Cee Dee. Not Dak...Two games straight Cee Dee ran wrong route to cause a int.
OR the tipped pass was part of it. why is that kept out i say
50% on great d a tip and INT
50% on Lamb for drifting behind the db so tip caused an issue, but INT maybe could be broken up with better route.

Im putting INT 1 on Dak even though bad route by Schultz because in that type of traffic in goal to go type situation, you do NOT risk it with high-risk throw pull it down, run it, throw it away, live for anther pay.

a fg makes this game different, not huge deal but hey,

still defense blew 14 point lead and couldn't stop GB in the 4th or ot, its on them 200 rush yards and a blown 14 point lead its on the defense..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott does what some claim he never does - throw a timing route.
Lamb isn't a great route runner and instead of throwing his arms up maybe he needs to be where he's supposed to. Prescott threw enough off passes, there's no need to blame him for other players screwing up.
If you ignore a 14 point lead, that's on you.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sure he's lying to protect Dak. That would go a long ways toward gaining and keeping the respect of his players. Durrrr.
Why dont you think for yourself for a change and not eat up anything these coaches and Jerry say?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just watched the 2nd INT again and noticed that the ball was tipped (by #55?) at the line of scrimmage. Might that have had something to do with how it ended up not being where it needed to be? I disagree that Lamb would not have gotten there in time though because as it was the ball ended up less than a yard off the line he was on. If he comes across the face of the safety it's either a completion, a PI or illegal contact at minimum. But the tip at the line of scrimmages means we will never truly know where the throw was intended to go but a hard in cut puts Lamb right where the ball ended up.
Was wondering why it had a wobble. Could be he was trying to throw him open.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At any rate, there were 3 defenders near the middle. Tight window throw. Could have audibled out of it.
Looks good if completed, but sure is risky. Looks like the Pack called the correct defense.

CWR

Reaction score
Why dont you think for yourself for a change and not eat up anything these coaches and Jerry say?

The players know exactly what happened. Mike's not going to lie on them. If they don't trust their HC he has zero chance of being effective. Use your rational mind and try to see past your blind hate.

I guess all the analysts saying the same thing are on Jerry's super secret payroll.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
At any rate, there were 3 defenders near the middle. Tight window throw. Could have audibled out of it.
Looks good if completed, but sure is risky. Looks like the Pack called the correct defense.

Not really. Without the tip and if Lamb cuts hard in it's an easy completion or a penalty. The guy who made the INT was the only defender within 5 yards of Lamb. The two underneath guys weren't even in the picture until they turned and ran for the ball. I don't think it was much of a tight window at all. That's a route NFL teams throw 10 times a game every week. I also notice that Lamb's reaction to the INT was to kinda throw up his hands and complain before getting back trying to make the tackle. You run a bad route, you make no effort to adjust to the ball and then on top of it you spend time upset about not getting the ball before continuing to play football. Not a good look. He has got to get better. I could say Dak has to be better too.. but he had no control over the ball being tipped or the receiver not running the route correctly...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Not the wrong route.. just the right route run incorrectly. He has allowed his instinct to run towards what he perceives to be open space to cause him to fail to honor a fundamental rule when running over the middle routes.. which is that you CANNOT let the safety beat you to the spot. You have to cross his face because the QB is counting you to get there before the DB does and will throw it to a spot rather than to a body. If you don't go to the spot but the DB does, instant INT. CeeDee is not the first receiver to do this.. But if he's going to continue to he our go to receiver he has to get that fixed. He's got to be willing to go up and take the hit to make the catch (or draw the PI) by forcing the DB to have to go through him to make a play on the ball.

I think he instinctively avoid big collision injury risk, that route combined with Daks placement is the one where safety makes a play on the ball or can light up the WR, Ceedee probably has been advised by his agent to avoid big injuries.

goshan

Reaction score
Definitely said CeeDee read it wrong on the 2nd int.

he was a little less forthcoming on the 1st pick. Spacing wasn’t great, but he sure didn’t sound sold on the play call basically because it’s a play that they were probably a bit too tight to the end zone for. “On the edge” of whether there was enough room to run that play, he termed it. He’s on the headset, just kill it then
yeah i wish he would get more involved. he knows offense.