Mike Bascik Spills Some Tea on Dak Situation

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
If that's spilling tea, i think most objective people on here knew already and was spilling it way before this. We knew it was more than just a broken ankle. And if Jerry did not want to extend and pay $40m per last year, he certainly is not going to do it this year in his physical condition. I would doubt his career is 20% threatened but it certainly will limit his running in the future. I don't see him being signed long term and will probably be franchised again, traded i don't know. But the Cowboys will certainly look for a trade because rather get something than nothing. If he does play under the franchise tag, it will be his last year here. one way or the other.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Considering the 40M, I don't think that's happening because Prescott's credibility will slide badly. He said he was close to signing and the time ran out. That deal was not for 40M, more like 35M. He was ready to sign for that, plays a handful of games, gets injured and the price now is 40M? How does he justify that. No injury and he continues on the pace he was on? Ok, I get that but there is no validation for going up to 40M now.

Actually I think the only ones that are preaching 40 mil are the sportswriters speculating that and have no first hand knowledge of the negotiations and the Prescott haters who will use anything to help justify their hatred.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Actually I think the only ones that are preaching 40 mil are the sportswriters speculating that and have no first hand knowledge of the negotiations and the Prescott haters who will use anything to help justify their hatred.

I feel sorry for you thinking this way. I just have to laugh.

Havic

Reaction score
20% chance he never plays again? Dak is a FOOL if he doesnt sign imo.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I feel sorry for you thinking this way. I just have to laugh.

OK supply a link with anything that has a direct quote from either Jones, Prescott or his agent that they are now seeking 40 mil. Good luck on that because there isn't any. All there is are sportswriters speculating with no direct first hand knowledge of the negotiations who spew that stuff for clicks and then the Prescott haters here who keep pushing those speculations like they are really facts. Here's another hint for you. Both Stephen and Jerry when asked about any negotiations they said they won't get into any particulars and that they do not negotiate through the media.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
OK supply a link with anything that has a direct quote from either Jones, Prescott or his agent that they are now seeking 40 mil. Good luck on that because there isn't any. All there is are sportswriters speculating with no direct first hand knowledge of the negotiations who spew that stuff for clicks and then the Prescott haters here who keep pushing those speculations like they are really facts. Here's another hint for you. Both Stephen and Jerry when asked about any negotiations they said they won't get into any particulars and that they do not negotiate through the media.

lol...you want me to supply a link? I just laugh...you supply one for yourself.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Tell me how does one supply something that's not there? There aren't any articles that say neither Jerry or Stephen said anything about the Prescott negotiations today.
True.
It's infinitely hard to prove a negative.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Tell me how does one supply something that's not there? There aren't any articles that say neither Jerry or Stephen said anything about the Prescott negotiations today.

I cant' tell you anything that you already know.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There was no 2nd surgery on the deltoid. They found loose fragments in the ankle during the initial surgery that were there before and just went in to clean them out. I don’t understand the ignorance on this. Well, I actually do. Dak haters, and you’re not one of them, will use anything to slime him.
Just answering a question from a guy. Not sure the details on 2nd procedure.

Shane612

Reaction score
I basically said the same thing before the cart was even out of site. There is no way you can sign him to a long term deal before seeing that he is back to 100% and has no lingering long term effects. That goes for any and all 32 teams. He put himself in this position by continuing to say NO to incredibly generous market deals, guaranteed life changing money, because he wanted to cash in again a year sooner. This was the risk he took and he lost. He will be lucky to get the same offer he had on the table at any point in the coming year. If he does, he should take all of 1 second to say yes and sign it. Right now he is damaged goods and an unknown. I don’t see anyone giving him anything close to his previous asking price until he proves he is 100% again. Dallas may be willing to use the franchise tag and gamble that he gets back but they also may decide to move on. All he had to do was compromise on one issue. The team had already compromised on everything else. They just needed the 5th year to make it work better for the cap. He was unwilling to give at all on anything and that is why he is where he is today. I wish him the best but this is all on him.
:hammer:
:clap:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Just answering a question from a guy. Not sure the details on 2nd procedure.

The details coming out basically say that the second surgery was actually to clean up crap they found while doing the first one which was apparently unrelated to the injury. It was just an artifact of playing football all his life. Remember Emmitt had a similar cleanup done on one of his ankles at pretty much the same age. I seem to recall Sweetness doing so as well. That playing football does damage to joints is not breaking news. Dak has probably sprained his ankles a hundred times and there was probably junk going on in there that the doctors said "hey when the swelling goes down and everything heals up we should go back in and clean this up." Everybody probably nodded in agreement and thought nothing further of it. All things considered it might actually be GOOD news..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Considering the 40M, I don't think that's happening because Prescott's credibility will slide badly. He said he was close to signing and the time ran out. That deal was not for 40M, more like 35M. He was ready to sign for that, plays a handful of games, gets injured and the price now is 40M? How does he justify that. No injury and he continues on the pace he was on? Ok, I get that but there is no validation for going up to 40M now.
Dak gambled, AND LOST. It happens.He signs or he will be gone. That is fact.